OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moses Malone (a Big man) won MVP in '82 with Houston where he was a #1 option and also won MVP with Philly in '83.

Dr. J, a Wing man and a teammate of Moses' in '83 in Philly, won MVP in '81 as Philly's #1 option.

Yes, you can have TWO MVP candidates TWO #1 options on the same squad simultaneously but it's rare.

That's why other fanbases dislike this Lakers team, they can only wish they had a tandem like Shaq-Kobe, Steph-KD, Moses-Julius, AD-Bron, so on so forth.

Last edited:
You're comparing them to some of the GREATEST TEAMS EVER. Those are dynasties, which this Laker team isnt close to being.

C'mon dawg. Now you're just moving the goalpost. Your argument went from "You can't be a top five player and not be the best player on your own team" to "well those teams were dynasties" (also, Elgin Baylor never won a championship and was never part of a dynasty)

C'mon man, at least pretend to be consistent. Also, this is their first year playing together, how do you know they won't win a couple of championships?

This really aint the time to talk about knowing the game. Lot of yall have looked dumb as hell all season :lol:

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

200.gif

atlsfinest atlsfinest

There is no goal post moving. There are outliers to everything. Those guys you mentioned are all all-time greats.

I'm sorry I also cant consider you top 5 when your teams won 30ish games a year, all of a sudden you join a top 2 player ever and are considered top 5. I get the bias, but nah.

This really aint the time to talk about knowing the game. Lot of yall have looked dumb as hell all season :lol:
But see, the problem here is this.

It's far from useless IMO. Basketball discourse has become totally results based analysis and it's ridiculous.

We're at a point where only the results matter and its all people give credence to. It's making the whole construct of discussing sports lose its value. Not for me but in general. You wanna "seem" smart? Just hold all opinions until we've arrived close to the end result and attach your name to it.

Not only that, this opinion is being delivered by fans of the team that it appears is going to win. Again results-based. Didn't think the Lakers were going to win? Well now that it appears that they are you're an idiot. It's just lazy.

I genuinely think Michael Jordan broke the brains of NBA fans. There aee fans who literally believe that NBA players are supposed to win NBA championships "on their own" and single-handedly make every single play for their team or else they're being " bailed out". NBA players aren't supposed to have a good teammates now? lol

When Kyrie hit that game 7 game winner, they were considering him top 5 players in the league too. Best PG in the game.

If Khris Middleton was the Lakers #2 playing with Lebron and ya'll won the Finals they'd be saying he's better than PG, Kawhi, Tatum. Top 10 players in the league too.

But see, the problem here is this.

We're at a point where only the results matter and its all people give credence to. It's making the whole construct of discussing sports lose its value. Not for me but in general. You wanna "seem" smart? Just hold all opinions until we've arrived close to the end result and attach your name to it.

Not only that, this opinion is being delivered by fans of the team that it appears is going to win. Again results-based. Didn't think the Lakers were going to win? Well now that it appears that they are you're an idiot. It's just lazy.
You always do this :lol:. Who cares about anything but results? If you thought the Lakers would barely scrape into the playoffs with AD and LeBron then yes you're an idiot :lol:. Doesn't have to be more complicated than that

Laker fans perfectly embody that city. Fake af man.

Everyone is wrong here and there about predictions, but I legit dont think I ever met a Laker fan that was knowledgeable about the game itself.

They were all just Kobe fans who stopped watching once they sucked and started watching again when Lebron decided to join.

Reads like there were no laker fans for a couple years, which is ridiculously wrong. Lakers haven’t won in over a decade and dudes so bothered that they’re attacking fans. Sad situation we all finds ourselves in....:rofl::rofl:

Nah we know it takes a team to win it all. MJ didnt do anything by himself thats a BS take.

But if you're considered top 5 in basketball shouldn't you at least come close to winning?

atlsfinest atlsfinest

There is no goal post moving. There are outliers to everything. Those guys you mentioned are all all-time greats.

I'm sorry I also cant consider you top 5 when your teams won 30ish games a year, all of a sudden you join a top 2 player ever and are considered top 5. I get the bias, but nah.

Statistically speaking, If we're talking about the top five players in the league, the likelihood of them ever being on the same team is low so every situation would be an outlier.

You said it can't happen when there are documented occasions of it happening. If you don't think AD is a top five player, just say that. Don't say you can't be top five if you're not the best player in your own team, we've seen it happen.

Those who told everyone here from Day #1 (October 2019) that the Lakers would reach the Finals no problem have all the "basketball knowledge" bragging rights right now.

Everyone else needs to just pay attention, swallow their pride and watch as the domination unfolds.

Yes I dont consider him top 5. If we're going by the "bigs" definition both Jokic and Embiid are better.

If any of those guys played with Lebron they'd be considered "greatest bigs ever" by Laker fans.

You always do this :lol:. Who cares about anything but results? If you thought the Lakers would barely scrape into the playoffs with AD and LeBron then yes you're an idiot :lol:. Doesn't have to be more complicated than that
Agree to disagree then. The process is an equally important part IMO.

Those who told everyone here from Day #1 (October 2019) that the Lakers would reach the Finals no problem have all the "basketball knowledge" bragging rights right now.

See stuff like this makes no sense.

Agree to disagree then. The process is an equally important part IMO.

But what does this even mean? Lot of yall looked dumb as hell re: the process also
Yes I dont consider him top 5. If we're going by the "bigs" definition both Jokic and Embiid are better.

If any of those guys played with Lebron they'd be considered "greatest bigs ever" by Laker fans.
How are Jokic and embiid better than AD?

When Kyrie hit that game 7 game winner, they were considering him top 5 players in the league too. Best PG in the game.

If Khris Middleton was the Lakers #2 playing with Lebron and ya'll won the Finals they'd be saying he's better than PG, Kawhi, Tatum. Top 10 players in the league too.
Stop it Kyrie has never been considered a Top 5 player in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom