OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Herro built different!

EAF442E4-2A74-4CAF-8EF6-1B75E449B196.png
7BA186B3-F2EE-41A3-B635-CB96B8D77645.jpeg

5956CE41-9A71-44EC-A754-9A812AFBFD92.jpeg

Vanilla ICE is COOL AS ICE !

A life that Trayvon Martin does not have anymore. Let’s not get it twisted, this country would LOVE to have a white NBA player to root for, one not from europe. If making it to the finals? I look forward to LeBron shutting his behind down, especially with the recent comments coming from the MMA sucker. This Breonna thing? Man. I’m not trying to hear any more excuses. This, is a Black thing.

I understand your sentiment but I think you're conflating a couple of different issues. From what you're saying, you're rooting for the Lakers to win because you don't want white America to have another popular player to root for? The Lakers have a goofy looking white dude who comes off the bench who could gain popularity from winning a title as well.

Also, what does Tyler Herro playing well have to do with police brutality? You brought up trayvon Martin, what does that have to do with Tyler? Tyler is just a 20-year-old balling out.

I'm a Lakers fan so of course I want them to win I just don't understand your rationale here. Maybe I'm not black enough. I have a white wife and I'm an immigrant. Apparently i just don't get things lol

I see Herro as I white guy who loves the visceral side of black culture. When ish gets real they true colors come out. I’ve had white friends like this. They don’t get the true black experience.

what do you mean they don't get the true black experience?

what do you mean they don't get the true black experience?

White people, even white people who have lived amongst black people for most of their lives, don't have to live the black experience 24/7. they can turn it off and go back to being just a white person in white America. Black people can't take their skin off and assimilate amongst whites.

It's kind of like when you see Miley Cyrus make rap music with three 6 Mafia in order to tap in to black culture and then hop back on the pop/country stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom