OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all agree if somehow miami pulled this off?

This would be the biggest finals upset of all time.

Lebron losing to this lowly #5 seed would be a permanent stain on his legacy?

I don’t know about all time, but definitely of the last 25 years or so. Upsets in the Finals are pretty rare. Detroit beating the Lakers in 2004 was viewed as a pretty big upset at the time, but probably shouldn’t have been.

I don’t know about all time, but definitely of the last 25 years or so. Upsets in the Finals are pretty rare. Detroit beating the Lakers in 2004 was viewed as a pretty big upset at the time, but probably shouldn’t have been.

thoughts on Mavs in 2011 and Cavs in 2016?

thoughts on Mavs in 2011 and Cavs in 2016?

Mavs in 2011 is up there.

I actually wouldn’t call Cavs in 2016 that huge of an upset, notwithstanding the Warriors having the best regular season ever.

The Cavs team had the best player in the game, with a dynamic number 2 and some very solid supporting players. They were a tough out for the Warriors the year before without Kyrie or Kevin Love playing. That Cavs team at full strength beating the pre-KD Warriors isn’t a major upset, IMO.

I mean their 2 best players are young and in their prime. Everyone else isn’t. I wouldn’t feel good about it

Tatum and Jaylen definitely ain't in their prime. Getting there, but nah. You rarely see 22 and 23 year old players already in their prime.

It's stupid how much clothes mattered as kids

A lot of it comes from the insecurity people have growing up. People are insecure themselves and they project that on to others. Anything you do that's not seen as cool or at least normal is ridiculed. It's been like that for every generation.

Tatum and Jaylen definitely ain't in their prime. Getting there, but nah. You rarely see 22 and 23 year old players already in their prime.
jimmy butts and bam were the best players in that series. everyone said boston was more "talented" in comparison to the heat, but i didn't get that impression.

yes lol

Man, you taking me back. A swingman was ok for like a year...then it became a no no. Don’t let a ***** have a screen print, champion replica. Curtains :rofl:

I still have my REBOOK screen printed Kobe 8 white jersey. I was a kid I didn’t know the difference. My mom was already going to slap me for asking for the Reebok one. The price killed that lady :lol:

jimmy butts and bam were the best players in that series. everyone said boston was more "talented" in comparison to the heat, but i didn't get that impression.

I think they were more talented on paper, but you have to put it together on the floor. Miami was easily the more cohesive and balanced team. I thought Bam and Jaylen were the best players in the series personally.

Celtics need to package the Miami pick, Brown and Smart for Giannis.

Kemba, Giannis and Tatum is a heck of a core

It's stupid how much clothes mattered as kids
Man listen. I think about this all the time, and how much it really ate at me when I couldn't have X because of whatever reason, mostly because my parents understood the value of money and just wouldn't let me blow it on nonsense when they had a family to provide for.

My younger brother is 18, and he would come to me asking for money to buy what I now see is the dumbest of stuff, but I know how I felt about being OD fresh at that age so I give it to him.

Society is crazy man, between that and the way social media controls people's standards, being a kid seems like a minefield.

Win or lose, Milwaukee & to a lesser extent the Clippers should be petrified of Miami considering they have two stars becoming FA soon & question about the team currently assembled.

Man listen. I think about this all the time, and how much it really ate at me when I couldn't have X because of whatever reason, mostly because my parents understood the value of money and just wouldn't let me blow it on nonsense when they had a family to provide for.

My younger brother is 18, and he would come to me asking for money to buy what I now see is the dumbest of stuff, but I know how I felt about being OD fresh at that age so I give it to him.

Society is crazy man, between that and the way social media controls people's standards, being a kid seems like a minefield.

It’s tough. I’m constantly having discussions with my son about not taking social media too seriously and not viewing everything through the prism of “how many likes will this get me.” He’s had all kinds of e-beefs over stuff that seems so silly to me. But it’s how the world works, so it’s just another part of parenting now:

They need to get this out of here period.

Untitled.jpg

Real talk. I can only imagine how it is for kids growing up now with social media. If adults are putting themselves in debt to impress strangers on social media, imagine what the youth are willing to do.

Real talk. I can only imagine how it is for kids growing up now with social media. If adults are putting themselves in debt to impress strangers on social media, imagine what the youth are willing to do.

Man, I often think about how happy I am I didn’t grow up in this era. Granted, who I was as a kid probably would have changed but knowing a young me...all of the available technology, social media, etc. would have been dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom