OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
sort of like the how the knicks destroyed basketball for NY?
Ahh man that was so cool and original here's a rep bro!

1601570807740.gif

Yeah, the Bulls defense and rebounding would wreck them under 90s rules but the Bulls would be wrecked by Warriors ball movement, pace, and efficiency.. Obviously, rules here would make that determination. I don’t think that Bulls team played any team as good as the 2017 Cavs though. That was arguably the best LeBron Cavs team ever.

so you honestly think that Draymond could outrebound the Worm with the current rules, contain Jordan and Pippen with the current rules ? not to mention a prime Kukoc?
Kerr practically enforced what he learned from the Bulls team and Spurs team that he was a member of. also, Jordan and Pippen were already unstoppable in the 80s and 90s, so what made you think that the Warriors could even Jordan alone? because they beat Lebron? or have Draymond shooting 3s?

pull ya'll skirts up man :lol: , dudes slander the Lakers every single chance they get in here for YEARS, dudes post meme's & laugh at other fanbases & Now it's turned to ****in anthropology class :lol::lol:

Dudes acting like it ain't nothing but jokes & trolling back & forth. ya'll mf'ers better use the block button because there's gonna be an insane amount of **** talking after this title

tenor.gif

Bam is in. I'm guessing Jimmy is. He didn't seem too bad. Whole team seems defeated already though. :lol:

Sweep or gentleman's sweep.

I originally thought Lakers in 6.

Seriously though. After all the talk about “Heat culture” and their toughness and grittiness, they looked awful shook in that game last night - even before the injuries hit. Maybe not Jimmy, but all the rest of them were playing scared.

Maybe they snap out of it, but I kind of doubt it.

It is funny how I heard years of “lakers brand is dead, you can be a star in any small market in the internet” and now this crying is back instantly:

3 more wins tho, we can discuss all that other **** after the finals are over.

Yeah, that was the prevailing narrative for a couple of years. "I can be a superstar anywhere" 🤣

Fast forward to last summer when all of the top free agents consolidated in a handful of big markets now we're back to "small markets can't win"

I know a lotta y'all Bron stans weren't following exactly what was happening in Laker land pre his arrival, but the Lakers had max cap space for the first time since like 96 in 2016. Mitch and company blew that right away on Mosgov and Deng and subsequently were fired in 2017 and Magic was hired in February of 2017.

He traded D'Lo and Mosgov to open up one slot in the summer of 17, but the only notable star free agent that summer was KD. So yes he didn't take a meeting. The 18 season was about the young core developing and getting better and then we go into the summer of 18 where that was really the first summer that multiple marquee guys were free agents (Bron, CP, PG). And the summer of 19 there were even more. My point is the front office was stabilizing and the kids were getting better and the cap was clear for the most part for multiple guys to come anyway. We would have gotten somebody/somebodies this summer I'm sure regardless. Even if no Bron was here. He just timing wise came up first. Cause despite what y'all said the Laker brand was never dead.

Last edited:
Let me preface this by saying, I don’t give a **** about “credit” and “who deserves the finals mvp?” I’m only invested in a lakers chip. I don’t care about legacies and awards until careers are over.

there is no way AD comes to the Lakers if Lebron isn’t on the lakers.

- check the date on when AD signed to Klutch. It was obvious as **** what was going to happen as soon as he fired his ex agent.

- listen to any interview AD has done this season. He is a Lebron Stan and fanboy. You might hate Lebron and not want to give him credit but AD ****ing loves him. He’s told that story of taking the grayhound solo to Bron’s camp when he was 13 multiple times. Did you see that clip after the lakers won the WCF? Lebron dapping & thanking every individual member of the lakers organization. AD right behind him, learning how to become a leader. It’s been like that all year. .

- the lakers had assets and cap space. Maybe they could’ve signed other stars and grown organically but **** ALL THAT. Give me Lebron and AD on the lakers, you can keep all that other **** :lol:

This is what any rational Laker fan would think.

Rational.

All last year was - if it wasn't for Bron, we could've had Paul George and the Kids.............

This year it was - Kawhi didn't wanna come hear because of Bron. Paul George neither. We could've had both of them and the Kids..............

3 wins from a championship and this ***** still can't give Bron an ounce of credit. :lol:

Let me preface this by saying, I don’t give a **** about “credit” and “who deserves the finals mvp?” I’m only invested in a lakers chip. I don’t care about legacies and awards until careers are over.

there is no way AD comes to the Lakers if Lebron isn’t on the lakers.

- check the date on when AD signed to Klutch. It was obvious as **** what was going to happen as soon as he fired his ex agent.

- listen to any interview AD has done this season. He is a Lebron Stan and fanboy. You might hate Lebron and not want to give him credit but AD ****ing loves him. He’s told that story of taking the grayhound solo to Bron’s camp when he was 13 multiple times. Did you see that clip after the lakers won the WCF? Lebron dapping & thanking every individual member of the lakers organization. AD right behind him, learning how to become a leader. It’s been like that all year. .

- the lakers had assets and cap space. Maybe they could’ve signed other stars and grown organically but **** ALL THAT. Give me Lebron and AD on the lakers, you can keep all that other **** :lol:
ya AD coming here had a lot to do with Bron. maybe like 80% lol.
he just came out the other day talking about "i want to follow that ************ to 9 more finals" lol

i also think a reason he's been embraced from the jump is because there's a still large contingent of the fanbase that still isn't embracing Bron just cuz the other decade+ of feud lmao
been seein it all season already lol

so you honestly think that Draymond could outrebound the Worm with the current rules, contain Jordan and Pippen with the current rules ? not to mention a prime Kukoc?
Kerr practically enforced what he learned from the Bulls team and Spurs team that he was a member of. also, Jordan and Pippen were already unstoppable in the 80s and 90s, so what made you think that the Warriors could even Jordan alone? because they beat Lebron? or have Draymond shooting 3s?

You have to remember, under the current rules, the Warriors would get A LOT more calls in this scenario. Also, the Warriors pace is significantly better than the Bulls, especially in transition. You’re right that in many ways that they’re an evolution of those Bulls and Spurs teams. You have to remember the Warriors biggest strength was sheer ball movement that took advantage of their immense talent, it made defending then extremely difficult since KD and Steph are two of the best shooters of the past few decades [Steph might go down as the best shooter of all time, when all is said and done]. Hell, the 2018 Rockets were focused on essentially beating the Warriors by outshooting them by 3s and getting to the line more than the Warriors (and they almost accomplished this). I don’t even know if the Bulls could shoot any non-minor amount of volume 3s in transition. Under the 90s rules though, the Bulls would be able to easily out-defend the Warriors, especially in the paint and in the post since they’re a far more physical team, as you mentioned.

I know a lotta y'all Bron stans weren't following exactly what was happening in Laker land pre his arrival, but the Lakers had cap space for the first time ever in 2016. Mitch and company blew that right away on Mosgov and Deng and subsequently were fired in 2017 and Magic was hired in February of 2017.

He traded D'Lo and Mosgov to open up one slot but the only notable star free agent that summer was KD. So yes he didn't take a meeting. The 18 season was about the young core developing and getting better and then we go into the summer of 18 where that was really the first summer that multiple marquee guys were free agents (Bron, CP, PG). And the summer of 19 there were even more. My point is the front office was stabilizing and the kids were getting better and the cap was clear for the most part for multiple guys to come anyway. We would have gotten somebody/somebodies this summer I'm sure regardless. Even if no Bron was here. He just timing wise came up first. Cause despite what y'all said the Laker brand was never dead.

that’s all fine but if Lebron decides to go to the clippers, nuggets or rockets, AD would’ve been on that same team within a year or 2.

whichever team has Lebron & AD is going to win the title. I don’t care if we had the entire young core, Kawhi and PG on the same squad. That team still wouldn’t beat Lebron and Unibrow.

I know a lotta y'all Bron stans weren't following exactly what was happening in Laker land pre his arrival, but the Lakers had max cap space for the first time since like 96 in 2016. Mitch and company blew that right away on Mosgov and Deng and subsequently were fired in 2017 and Magic was hired in February of 2017.

He traded D'Lo and Mosgov to open up one slot in the summer of 17, but the only notable star free agent that summer was KD. So yes he didn't take a meeting. The 18 season was about the young core developing and getting better and then we go into the summer of 18 where that was really the first summer that multiple marquee guys were free agents (Bron, CP, PG). And the summer of 19 there were even more. My point is the front office was stabilizing and the kids were getting better and the cap was clear for the most part for multiple guys to come anyway. We would have gotten somebody/somebodies this summer I'm sure regardless. Even if no Bron was here. He just timing wise came up first. Cause despite what y'all said the Laker brand was never dead.

Bro we had to beg Lamarcus Aldridge for a meeting at one point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom