OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
that’s all fine but if Lebron decides to go to the clippers, nuggets or rockets, AD would’ve been on that same team within a year or 2.

whichever team has Lebron & AD is going to win the title. I don’t care if we had the entire young core, Kawhi and PG on the same squad. That team still wouldn’t beat Lebron and Unibrow.

There was only a few teams that even had the assets to trade for AD and on the Bron front there was never any other place for him to go but the Lakers or stay with the Cavs. He was never going to the Clippers or any other team.

I'm saying Bron or not we are likely in the same position with a different cast of characters leading the way. Don't think that's an unreasonable take.

But that's the last I'm going to speak on the hypothetical. Only thing that matters now is getting 3 more wins so I can REALLY pop off some big ****.

20j0v22sdhq51.jpg

pull ya'll skirts up man :lol: , dudes slander the Lakers every single chance they get in here for YEARS, dudes post meme's & laugh at other fanbases & Now it's turned to ****in anthropology class :lol::lol:

Dudes acting like it ain't nothing but jokes & trolling back & forth. ya'll mf'ers better use the block button because there's gonna be an insane amount of **** talking after this title

tenor.gif

Do you feel this way b/c of the trash talk during the Dubs era? The Lakers were rebuilding during that late/post Kobe era so anyone talking trash about the Lakers then doesn’t understand how basketball works.

I'm old enough to remember "market size doesn't matter" and the "Lakers brand is dead".

I Don't get this, Somehow Lebron being the main reason AD came to the Lakers has somehow become a slight to the Lakers :lol: . Okay so what made Lebron the biggest player in the league at the tail end of his prime choose the Lakers :lol:

Because i too am old enough to remember nobody cares about market or the Laker brand, nobody cares about the history, nobody cares about the majority of the GOATS playing here. According to many in this thread the Lakers couldn't draft, had horrible coaching, bad players & an incompetent FO & unreliable ownership group... They wanted the team sold :lol:

To top this off across the Hall we had a Brand new team, chance to build your own legacy in L.A, Richest owner in sports, HOF coach, bountiful assets, Remember Jerry "Da Wzrd" West? The Dynasty creator. Good players already under contract etc etc

Yet & still the player who's trying to cement his status as the GOAT looked at both situations & still went with the Lakers for a reason ....

WellwornPotableFlatcoatretriever-max-1mb.gif

Bron gonna Retire & AD is gone be the spearhead to bringing another generational talent here... ya'll know how it goes, we had this energy when we was trash & now things have been put back in perspective

There was only a few teams that even had the assets to trade for AD and on the Bron front there was never any other place for him to go but the Lakers or stay with the Cavs. He was never going to the Clippers or any other team.

I'm saying Bron or not we are likely in the same position with a different cast of characters leading the way. Don't think that's an unreasonable take.

But that's the last I'm going to speak on the hypothetical. Only thing that matters now is getting 3 more wins so I can REALLY pop off some big ****.

We say that *now* but he took meetings with Philly, Clippers, Houston and Denver If I remember correctly.

Philly: trade Embiid for AD
Nuggets: trade Jokic for AD
Clippers: trade Shai, 6 picks, Gallo, Trez for AD
Rockets: this would be the hardest and it might be blasphemous but they probably would’ve traded Harden for AD if Lebron asked lol.

none of those franchises are the lakers and that matters. My point is Lebron could’ve gone to another team and pushed the same buttons and gotten the same result. He chose to do it for the Lakers though and I’ll forever love him for that.

But, like I said earlier, who cares about credit. Lakers 3 wins away from another ring :smile:

Y’all would not be in the same position w/Paul George on your team .Wearing a different Jersey wasnt gonna make him a better playoff performer....Hell he wasn’t even Kawhi’s 1st option to team up with.

We say that *now* but he took meetings with Philly, Clippers, Houston and Denver If I remember correctly.

Philly: trade Embiid for AD
Nuggets: trade Jokic for AD
Clippers: trade Shai, 6 picks, Gallo, Trez for AD
Rockets: this would be the hardest and it might be blasphemous but they probably would’ve traded Harden for AD if Lebron asked lol.

none of those franchises are the lakers and that matters. My point is Lebron could’ve gone to another team and pushed the same buttons and gotten the same result. He chose to do it for the Lakers though and I’ll forever love him for that.

At the time after his decision it was revealed that he didn't take meetings with any of those teams, formalities to be courteous via his agent. His family was a huge factor and that why it was always the Lakers or Cleveland. There were multiple stories at the time about

At the time after his decision it was revealed that he didn't take meetings with any of those teams, formalities to be courteous via his agent. His family was a huge factor and that why it was always the Lakers or Cleveland. There were multiple stories at the time about

right, he had his mind set on the lakers. I love him for that. There’s a lot of benefits to winning a ring for the lakers. He knows that. It’s a mutually beneficial relationship.

I’m just saying he could’ve gone to the Sixers, Nuggets, Clippers or Rockets, pushed the same AD buttons and we would have the same result.

I don't want to get too into it, but frankly I don't think anyone wanted to come to the Lakers as the "first guy". Let alone come solo like Bron did.

"God gave me broad shoulders for a reason" - LaBron a.k.a The Chosen 1

right, he had his mind set on the lakers. I love him for that. There’s a lot of benefits to winning a ring for the lakers. He knows that. It’s a mutually beneficial relationship.

I’m just saying he could’ve gone to the Sixers, Nuggets, Clippers or Rockets, pushed the same AD buttons and we would have the same result.

He couldn't have though, Savanah wasn't allowing that. It was LA or CLE.

Wow that Hollinger article is one of the softest pieces of journalism I've ever read. I can all but guarantee if it was the squad in basement of Staples (who he picked to win it all) he wouldn't be writing that. Even though their team is equally full of mercenaries and not organic in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom