OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kennard was a much better COLLEGE player than Mitchell. Mitchell had the edge in strength and athleticism though. Most big boards at the time had them on the same tier.

This is the face of a man with deep regrets

Screenshot_20200823-220455_YouTube.jpg

If KP is active they may not win another game :nerd: :nerd:

He's good BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE - finally back home, 2 Championships and a ton of endorsements. Life's good!

Would genuinely like to see Luka make it to the next round of the playoffs.

This is why you need to go the @wavydaddy route and keep the pantry under lock and key.

Hahahahahaha keep the g40 just in case
This is the face of a man with deep regrets

Screenshot_20200823-220455_YouTube.jpg

If KP is active they may not win another game :nerd: :nerd:

Mans misses the dot, no doubt about it.

Misses getting a fresh braid up on game day somewhere in Jamestown. And the used car lot at Weston and 401 he bought his beater at.

vood99 vood99 knows what im talking about

freeze freeze While you are here.

Can you now explain to me why calling ANY playoff game, "A must win" isn't the dumbest most #MagicJohnsonTweet- ish statement one could possibly make about a playoff game?
Games are not measured the same. They're taken on a case by case, team by team. Game 1s are not must wins for every team. Teams that are better, can drop games. And win. There's too much history to prove it. Depending on the team, every game isn't a must win, but for some teams, special things need to happen. And certain games have to be won to try and manage a mental edge and apply some pressure. For other teams, doesn't matter. Talent can overload.

Every game is not a MUST win for every team. You're thinking too small. People that don't hoop typically view games on a basic level :wink:

Games are not measured the same. They're taken on a case by case, team by team. Game 1s are not must wins for every team. Teams that are better, can drop games. And win. There's too much history to prove it.

Every game is not a MUST win. You're thinking too small. People that don't hoop typically view games on a basic level :wink:

How many games are needed to win an NBA Championship?

Games are not measured the same. They're taken on a case by case, team by team. Game 1s are not must wins for every team. Teams that are better, can drop games. And win. There's too much history to prove it.

Every game is not a MUST win. You're thinking too small. People that don't hoop typically view games on a basic level :wink:
I also think you fail to realize the MAIN reason games as labeled must win is to attract more viewers to tune in.

Take it the same way Vince McMahon tells his announce teams to call an event the "Biggest Ever."

It is more marketing than anything.

Injuries could be catching up to him - the shoulder one is by far the most problematic.

Poor shooting aside, his all around effort has been trash. Luka, Seth, and Hardway Jr. have been blowing by him on a regular basis in all 4 games. Even if it is a shoulder injury, that has nothing to do with him being so terrible

I also think you fail to realize the MAIN reason games as labeled must win is to attract more viewers to tune in.

Take it the same way Vince McMahon tells his announce teams to call an event the "Biggest Ever."

It is more marketing than anything.
Before I form my next thought, give me some context. Remind of what we were saying. I remember you said you'd come back to it, but I forget what I said.

However many it takes.

16 wins...might take 28 games to win 16 times.
So regardless of how many games it takes, a team "must win" 16 games to be considered the Champ.

Not 1
Not 2
Not 3

But 16.

So to call ANY of those games "Must Win" after it has already been established that it takes 16 games to win it all, is redundant and is done for Promotional Purposes only.

Now, I get the idea that some games feel more important than other due to continuing/breaking momentum as well as securing/avoiding elimination but every single WIN is needed to reach 16.

So regardless of how many games it takes, a team "must win" 16 games to be considered the Champ.

Not 1
Not 2
Not 3

But 16.

So to call ANY of those games "Must Win" after it has already been established that it takes 16 games to win it all, is redundant and is done for Promotional Purposes only.

Now, I get the idea that some games feel more important than other due to continuing/breaking momentum as well as securing/avoiding elimination but every single WIN is needed to reach 16.
Nah.

Every single game isn't must win. Depends on the team. It's not about billing our ratings. It's about power ranking, momentum and eliminations.

That white boy can ball

...has been said on every outdoor court ever. Fake outrage really such an annoying liberal wet dream.

Luka and Harrell dapped up pregame and it was all good. People that fail to realize that’s just trash talk and not a big deal. The reason the reverse is unacceptable is because of the historical context of this country. It’s a line that shouldn’t be crossed out of respect for what’s happened.

Dun have a better way to explain it but you know when someone is stupid versus something is inherently evil and shouldn’t be said/used in trash talk vernancular. Like trash talking about someone’s mom that had cancer.

This was what I said we would come back to.
For sure. I definitely believe game 1 was a must win. I think underdogs have to try and steal games on the road. And game 1s are usually the one to take before the better team adjusts. For games where momentum swings or when a deeper hole can be dug.

Like tomorrow, must win for Portland.

Not 1
Not 2
Not 3

But 16.

I think some games might have a little more weight compared to others in certain scenarios(down 2-0 with game 3 & 4 at their house, overcoming a 5th game down 3-2 can be a momentum shifter, a game 1 can be a "tone-setter" for underdogs(or even teams near "even", etc.) When I played in high school, I admit that if another PG did well against me the last game, it had a chance to effect my psyche(negatively or positively) so intangibles like momentum, setting the tone, figuring out your opponent mentally, confidence boosters can definitely swing series/games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom