OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if I would say the things Paul George is reading are vile. It’s mostly jokes about his on-court performance and basketball related. I don’t think there’s an overwhelming number of people wishing harm on him.

I’ve been hesitant to say it but I honestly believe there might be something going on with him mentally like the effects of being sequestered in The Bubble are getting to him. I hope he is getting all the mental health support he needs if that is in fact the case 🙏

or maybe you are overthinking it & due to his poor play, he lost his confidence? well to me, that's what it looks like.

I’ve been hesitant to say it but I honestly believe there might be something going on with him mentally like the effects of being sequestered in The Bubble are getting to him. I hope he is getting all the mental health support he needs if that is in fact the case 🙏
I hope he is doing ok mentally as well. He has always struggled with fan comments and criticism in general. At this point I don't know that he will overcome it before he's done playing. No shot at him, he just isn't built like most star players. He's quiet and soft spoken and has always seemed extremely sensitive.

or maybe you are overthinking it & due to his poor play, he lost his confidence? well to me, that's what it looks like.

I could be overthinking it. It’s a seemingly strange situation and none of us know what’s going on in Paul’s head except for him and whoever he shares that with. Which is why I’m not sure why he gets upset about jokes and conjecture which are likely inaccurate.

A stop doing this FOE thing

:rofl:

cuf671q380j51.png

I hope he is doing ok mentally as well. He has always struggled with fan comments and criticism in general. At this point I don't know that he will overcome it before he's done playing. No shot at him, he just isn't built like most star players. He's quiet and soft spoken and has always seemed extremely sensitive.

it's what separates the legends from the mortals in the league.

Luka has it tho :lol:

This is a microcosm of how social media is truly an ill of society but I digress.

One of the most successful people on planet earth has to sit there and read vile things about him every waking moment to the point where he can't take it.

He should do that. People were probably in his comments acting a fool.

he doesn’t have to read the comments...

and like with a lot people in life you could get a shh ton of positivity but focus on the negative

yes he’ll get a ton of heat and sports fans are irrational, but a lot of that goes both ways

i don’t blame he for deactivating the comments, but I don’t get why he would be reading them in the first place or go searching for his name

He can talk the talk but can’t take what comes with it. Don’t condone internet weirdos but I have no sympathy for Pandemic George

PG could also just not read/pay attention to the IG comments...If you looking at comments you already know you in for some bs

Social media generally sucks but nobody is forced to be on it...Regular ppl just like being on there to be nosy/feel better bout themselves and Celebs like seeing they name everywhere

This is a microcosm of how social media is truly an ill of society but I digress.

One of the most successful people on planet earth has to sit there and read vile things about him every waking moment to the point where he can't take it.

He should do that. People were probably in his comments acting a fool.

I get that but it’s easy to just re download the app after the playoffs. and he posted the whole “y’all don’t effect me” when it clearly does.
I personally would never comment on a celebrities picture though.

I get that but it’s easy to just re download the app after the playoffs. and he posted the whole “y’all don’t effect me” when it clearly does.
I personally would never comment on a celebrities picture though.
Guys trying to take back some of the agency there. It failed and now he feels worse. It's nuts man, and we wonder why depression is so prevalent. Guy went out out of his way to try and gain back some of his self esteem (it's also nuts that we're at the point where this comes from social media), failed, and now he feels worse than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom