OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah those LAC/LAL and TOR/MIL matchups are what intrigue me. Barring injuries, I don’t see how you can not favor the same team from a game-to-game basis since it’s a static environment (especially seeing how things play out after Game 1).

Could be dependent on how the previous game goes and who's up in the series at any particular point (who's more desperatefor a win) . For the battle of LA it would have been interesting sans hiatus cause that would have been all Lakers home games regardless.

E448A644-2224-4FED-B359-18D3349BA9B6.jpeg

Lonzo had a grade 3 sprain with the Lakers last season and we saw how much time he missed.

He’s 100% right. Jimmy said this and we keep dismissing it because it’s Malcontent Jimmy
Calvin from Paid In Full has a point here. Embiid should have at least 25+attempts per game in these playoffs.

Dude needs his *** beat.

Chill with the Kawhi background stuff. How am I supposed to hope the man scores 7 points, going 2 for 16 from the field after seeing stuff like that?

really good read. thanks for sharing.

Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
  • The matchups: "From a game plan standpoint, [the Thunder will] have good s--- for Houston, and they have guys who can keep Houston out of the paint," one assistant coach said. "But I don't think Steven Adams will make them pay enough to negate the switching Houston does. James Harden will have a couple clunkers, and that will be a problem. He won't have four good games and three bad ones, but he will have more good than bad, and that's good enough for Houston to win."
  • More: "My other OKC concern is you'd think their offensive lineup with Chris Paul, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Dennis Schroder and Danilo Gallinari would work for them because of the matchup, but the Rockets are going to target Gallo, get him into pick-and-rolls and rotations, and OKC is going to have to make a decision on if it is an offensive or defensive series."

I think people are underestimating how much we might struggle with the CP3, Shai, Schroeder, Gallo, Adams lineup. Jeff Teague fried PJ Tucker 1 on 1 a couple of years ago, and Schroeder/SGA both present the same type of skillset being quick shifty guards. It benefits us to not have Clint on an island and we're better suited to scramble and recover to perimeter players.

The thunder probably have enough shooters to beat us from 3 without Russ (Gallo 40%, Schroeder 38.5%, Muscala and nader 38%) but I'm thinking the defensive dropoff in bringing muscala and nader benefits houston more than their shooting helps the thunder.

also, never underestimate the Pettiness of Paul.

Lonzo had a grade 3 sprain with the Lakers last season and we saw how much time he missed.
Come on P...I was reading this ready for you to say “and he missed x amount of time” :lol:

I see he missed the last 2.5 months of the season. wasn’t following it too closely, was he really out for the season or did they just decide to keep him out since the season was lost already?

Calvin from Paid In Full has a point here. Embiid should have at least 25+attempts per game in these playoffs.

Dude needs his *** beat.

Chill with the Kawhi background stuff. How am I supposed to hope the man scores 7 points, going 2 for 16 from the field after seeing stuff like that?
Whitlock wrote that?? He doesn't like Bron anymore?

Is he lying though?

I never liked the LeBron just a kid from Akron and wasn't supposed to be here stuff. Bruh has been in the upper 1% longer than he was poor now. And the upper 1% in athleticism. Not saying stuff was bound to happen, right decisions had to be made, but he had good people in his life pushing him towards the light since he was like 10. He was never out in these streets doing hood rat things with his friends.

Not comparing him to trump tho.

**** the tan man

Nope. Just curious. I wasn't insinuating or inferring anything. Just tried to clarify what I thought I had gathered from what you said. My fault.

I'm aware that questions themselves can make people uncomfortable, so nvm.
I ain't uncomfortable, I just didn't know where all that was coming from.

You are good man. :lol:

Whitlock wrote that?? He doesn't like Bron anymore?

Is he lying though?
Are you implying he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth in any way?

This guy is trying to diminish Lebron's character by inferring he somehow hasn't earned everything he has today.... and comparing him to Trump.

Somebody need to push that fat ***** down a staircase.

Come on P...I was reading this ready for you to say “and he missed x amount of time” :lol:

I see he missed the last 2.5 months of the season. wasn’t following it too closely, was he really out for the season or did they just decide to keep him out since the season was lost already?
The Lakers shut him down for good in early March. Who knows if they were being cautious or just wanted to tank.

Reactions: HIM
LeBron came from a single parent home, living on couches in other people's apartment with his mother.

He was just fortunate enough to discover he was an athletic marvel at the right time. I wouldn't call that a silver spoon, that's a one in a million chance because athletics are never guaranteed success.

Great answer. People don’t understand this in real life as well.

The best advice my mom ever gave me: some (actually, most) people are only meant to be in your life for a certain period of time. Why they're in your life can be for any number of reasons, both professionally and personally. Just because someone stops talking to you doesn't mean they don't like you, or don't appreciate your time together. for lack of a better phrase, people just kind of...move on. And, you shouldn't hold grudges for such relationships ending because it was never meant to be something more than it was. I wish more people understood that.

Obviously, there are exceptions, but in general it's kind of how life works.

Are you implying he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth in any way?

This guy is trying to diminish Lebron's character by inferring he somehow hasn't earned everything he has today.... and comparing him to Trump.

Somebody need to push that fat ***** down a staircase.
That's not what I said. And I said I'm not comparing him to trump.

But I said Bron didn't really start from the bottom with nothing like he always says he does. AAA level genetics is not nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom