OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not an assumption. People are cutting the cord

If I'm a fan of sports and cable has become too expensive for me that doesn't mean I'm not gonna watch it anymore

but wouldn't this affect other major leagues too? it doesn't seem like that's the case.

I at least purchased NBATV for 6.99 a month or whatever the day of the Bucks protest because I wanted to see what was happening. Like everyone else, everything is streamed via the app and my parents' cable password, but ABC doesnt let me so whenever a game is on ABC I have to use sources as well

From reasing comments, and admittedly that brings out the ugliest of and in people, it does seem like there has been significant pushback from whites especially since the league has adopted BLM and such a strong stance. They just want them to shut up and dribble/run/sing/dance/act/entertain me in whatever way *****

Your assumptions of illegal streams and league pass being up, what makes you think that?

i'm just looking at the YoY changes

I don’t know what the exact explanation is and I suspect there’s a lot of factors contributing, but I’m pretty doubtful the decreased ratings have much to do with the NBA players being vocal about social justice issues. As people have said in here before, anyone who would get bent out-of-shape over seeing “Black Lives Matter” on a NBA floor or Jersey more than likely wasn’t spending much time watching the NBA before.

There may be some people who have decided not to watch because of the NBA being too “political”, but I doubt it’s a very big number and they’re probably not in a demographic group the NBA is too worried about anyway.

but wouldn't this affect other major leagues too? it doesn't seem like that's the case.

I think NBA fans skew overall younger than MLB and NFL fans, so there may be a higher proportion of NBA fans who have cut the cord as compared to fans of other leagues.

rwwtppgwtlk51.jpg

#QuickRelease
#WalthamHOFer

Tell em aepps20 aepps20 !!! :pimp:

tenor (1).gif

I was reluctant to cut the cord after years of spotty streams growing up but these services offered today are ridiculous. Identical to cable, no lags at all at a fraction of the price.

YouTubeTV unlimited space for recording, simultaneous recordings, categorizes games by sport & by team all in beautiful HD for $50 up until they added a bunch of Viacom properties for another $15. NBA league pass add-on as well. Other comparable services out there. Amazing stuff

I still have the whole big cable deal. It’s like 200 a month, pretty expensive. My wife and son and I are the homebody types so it’s worth it to us as we don’t go out and spend a lot. To a lot of people it isn’t worth it.

I’m definitely in the minority as far as people I know that actually still have cable. Can’t bring myself to cut the cord quite yet.

TV ratings nowadays absolutely cannot be compared to what they once were. People are definitely still watching though.
I'm one of the dinosaurs. Would be surprised if I ever cut the cord. I need Directv too much. And in my field, cutting the cord would be blasphemous!

I’m definitely in the minority as far as people I know that actually still have cable. Can’t bring myself to cut the cord quite yet.

TV ratings nowadays absolutely cannot be compared to what they once were. People are definitely still watching though.

I need DVR. Until YouTube tv is cheaper I’ll stick with it.

the young stars haven't been a draw to a lot of the "casuals"
you still got the big names, but a few of them were missing this yr (KD, kyrie, steph, etc)

my dad enjoys the nba but he isn't going to sit around for a buccs/magic series

Mlb ratings are strong? That’s surprising if so

MLB ratings have jumped 4 percent over that period. That figure is being driven by an increase in viewership from women and younger audiences, according to Nielsen. Ratings, however, are down by 7 person among men 55+. The Athletic notes it’s possible that more men in that age group are streaming games now. MLB.TV has seen an 11 percent increase in total games watched this season, according to The Athletic.

I think the league can bank on Bron and Curry.

I'm not sure they can rely on anyone else to draw in the casual fanbase.

i think we finally came to a conclusion...dynasties are good for the L & ratings will be up next year when the dubs are running through everybody once again.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom