OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If John Collins can have some semblance of a post game, AD should as well. Will he have to always play down there, of course not but it’s useful. He’s not gonna be matched up with Tucker at all times, can’t always use that as an excuse
We are also presenting this false narrative that he NEVER posts.

Why are you doing that?

John Collins has nothing to do with this conversation.

Lakers are fine doubling Harden when Russ is on the floor, but they shouldn't do it when he's not. Hopefully they'll see that in the film session, make him make shots.

You can get away with doubling harden because he takes himself out the play after the pass. That's not excusable
That is fair, somewhat related, as much slander as I've thrown at Jimmy for not being a true #1, he will at least be willing to do all the little things. Even just not being stationary.. that contrast stood out to me during the Bubble

So is it a strength or is he getting hot? The data of a much larger sample size says it's the latter

Especially when you consider the type of shots these are: contested, fadeaway, a lot of times not even in rhythm
I was speaking on what he was able to get based on his current matchup.

The primary defender he is facing isn't allowing him to "Dominate in the Post" as others are suggesting.

So I guess I am struggling to understand why is expected of him?

Lebron been abusing Westbrook and The Brodie. The dunk and kicked his **** a couple times. Westbrook feeds off his wolfing and you can’t really wolf when your team is down 20 early and you getting your **** kicked lol
Russ a more athletic Patrick Beverly?

it’s funny how guys like Kuzma and Rivers talked all this ish about how they’re this and that after their “big” games and literally haven’t done anything since then.

We are also presenting this false narrative that he NEVER posts.

Why are you doing that?

John Collins has nothing to do with this conversation.
I’m throwing out an example :lol:

EYE just wanna see AD bully for a bit to put more pressure on the defense. Him taking jumpers and fade-aways is nice, but what’s gonna happen when they not falling

I was speaking on what he was able to get based on his current matchup.

The primary defender he is facing isn't allowing him to "Dominate in the Post" as others are suggesting.

So I guess I am struggling to understand why is expected of him?
As long as it's anyone but Tucker guarding him, I believe AD should be trying to score in the paint. KP gets slandered for this too but really Davis has a much better skill set than KP in terms of navigating the paint

I don't know how long all of these types of jumpers are going to keep going in for him. But it's the Bubble where Mitchell and Murray are putting up 50 point games like it's nothing so who knows

That is fair, somewhat related, as much slander as I've thrown at Jimmy for not being a true #1, he will at least be willing to do all the little things. Even just not being stationary.. that contrast stood out to me during the Bubble
If all it takes is a trap to neutralize the greatest scorer of all time..I mean. Dudes really giving him a pass for that :smh:

AD was 40% on shots from 10-16 feet and 37% on shots from 16 to below the 3 point line this season, 41% and 34% the previous season

A strength is a stretch
40% from 10-16 I would consider a strength. That is above the league average.

16 - 3PT, Decent/Solid.

But I guess as I asked in the other post, where SHOULD he be getting his shots from?

I’m throwing out an example :lol:

EYE just wanna see AD bully for a bit to put more pressure on the defense. Him taking jumpers and fade-aways is nice, but what’s gonna happen when they not falling
But why can't you accept that isn't who he is?

40% from 10-16 I would consider a strength. That is above the league average.

16 - 3PT, Decent/Solid.

But I guess as I asked in the other post, where SHOULD he be getting his shots from?
I can't remember who it was but Schumann or someone looked at data over the past 5 years and Davis was one of the most inefficient players from outside the paint in the entire league. I'll try to find it, I posted it earlier in the year

You can get away with doubling harden because he takes himself out the play after the pass. That's not excusable
All game long, he waits for the double beyond the arc, passes and then goes and stands out of the way.
Like cmon with that bs. Doubling wasnt a problem for him in the past 8 regular seasons as the only scoring threat on the team. Only in the playoffs does he all of a sudden wanna act like D Book playing pickup.

Russ/Rivers backcourt went -18 in just 6 mins when Harden sat down in the first. Houston will drop every game if Harden has to go all 48.

Seven 3s from Russ. From Jan thru March he was around TWO. Anytime Harden saw a trap, he caught it & drove.

D’Antoni said he didn’t tell him to do that so he’s probably not going to tell him to do that now but they have zero chance with him taking all these jumpers.

I know that’s not what he is. If you’re a top 10 player, you should be able to do those things. That’s what I’m saying

#Strive4Greatness
Where is this rule?

He isn't who he is because of THAT?

He is a Top 10 player because he can make a huge impact on both ends of the floor.

Not sure why he "should" be able to do that because he is a Top 10 player.

Reactions: MVP
Not really sure how you could watch the game and say he coasted and didn’t assert himself. You want him to just jack up senseless shots over double teams? He got doubles basically every time he touched the ball. He found the open man, and garbage Russ wasn’t capable of leading the 4v3.

Lot of Laker fans seemed to be complaining about the doubles, but with Russ playing like he was, it was absolutely the right thing to do.
“Jacking up double-teamed shots” isn’t what I’m saying, but I hear the point you’re trying to make.

My issue is mentality. “I’m making the right basketball play, so that’s good enough each possession.” You’re playing into the Lakers’ hands too easily. Just accepting the double and making the right pass. But that’s exactly what LAL wants. The ball out of Harden’s hands, not driving to cup or shooting. Then forcing the other four guys to beat you.

It didn’t work tonight, not only because of Russy. Gordon, Tucker, House missed looks they were hitting in 3Q. I made this point in my last post, MDA’s first counter to the double is replacing Russy with a shooter. Otherwise there’s selective moments Harden has to assertive himself regardless of defensive scheme. That’s what great, elite players do, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom