OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ/Rivers backcourt went -18 in just 6 mins when Harden sat down in the first. Houston will drop every game if Harden has to go all 48.

Seven 3s from Russ. From Jan thru March he was around TWO. Anytime Harden saw a trap, he caught it & drove.

D’Antoni said he didn’t tell him to do that so he’s probably not going to tell him to do that now but they have zero chance with him taking all these jumpers.

Russ should never take more than 3 3s, and even that’s being generous. Those Rivers minutes were awful though. Of course, it didn’t help they treated Morris like Dort and just let him freely shoot as if he was in practice. Can’t have that happen when there’s a chance he scores 7 points in the next two games.

But that only tells part of the story because everything outside the paint isn't considered mid-range.

But that is something worth looking through.

Thanks.
That is true but honestly you can see how well he does in the paint regardless. The numbers don't lie... at the same time his jump shot mechanics are pretty flawless so he also should be able to hit midrange jumpers with consistency. I wouldn't mind him taking some but settling is a different story. For now he's hitting them

Jim still had 27. Y’all acting like he did nothing :lol:

His running mate was worthless trash. That is why they lost.

defensive intensity wasn’t there in the 1st quarter. Can’t spot them a 16 point lead like that. Even with Russ being exceptionally bad, still had an opportunity to run away at the end of the 3rd.

1599450669229.png

The running mate he traded for :lol:. Weren't you saying Russ was key for this team? 🤔
The one positive I said Russ brought when it happened was variance. He also had a tale of two seasons, pre trade and post trade. He's looking like late OKC Russ right now though, idk if it was the stoppage and/or the injury

Nobody can attack all the time.

He is able to do both.

SOlid from mid-range. That IS a strength of his.

So if you were coaching him and he’s shooting contested jumpers over Harden, Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker... in the post game interview as coach when they ask if it’s your preference that he continues to do that instead of attack the basket what’s your response? “Nobody can attack all the time”?

Come on. Nobody said attack all the time. A lot of his jumpers feel like he’s settling.

Russ was really good from Dec/Jan to the stoppage. I just didn't think it would last and the time off definitely didn't help him.

Probably one of the worst playoff games I've watched from an individual player. Yea, I'm probably exaggerating, but man that was horrible.

Ultimately it’s hard as hell to be a single orbit team where one superstar does all the playmaking (harden, Trae, bron to an extent, Luka, etc)

When they sit, your team goes to **** and they get worn done playing that way

Houston SHOULDNT have this problem, they have Russell. If I’m paying Russell 38 MILLION DOLLARS, I should not torpedo when Harden sits, but alas.

Yeah, just judging from that OKC series and now this game, Russ mid-range just ain't the same it was earlier this year. That thing was deadly.

He looks fine physically but he really does look like late-OKC WB.

So if you were coaching him and he’s shooting contested jumpers over Harden, Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker... in the post game interview as coach when they ask if it’s your preference that he continues to do that instead of attack the basket what’s your response? “Nobody can attack all the time”?

Come on. Nobody said attack all the time. A lot of his jumpers feel like he’s settling.

As I mentioned earlier when discussing GIannias, it depend son what else is going on.

In a vacuum, sure, those shots appear to be settling.

But what else is he doing on the other end of the floor that might have been draining his energy?

Is the paint clogged when the shot is taken?

Is it the end of the shot clock?

I am NOT saying he doesn't settle, everyone does.

Asking him to attack more is fair but what are you willing to give up if you see an increase in that?

Driving and Posting up are draining.

Russ was really good from Dec/Jan to the stoppage. I just didn't think it would last and the time off definitely didn't help him.

Probably one of the worst playoff games I've watched from an individual player. Yea, I'm probably exaggerating, but man that was horrible.

He was great, but it was the regular season, against the field. Essentially it was great stats but bad process. A 6’3 guy who can’t dribble or shoot is tough when you play an elite team come playoff time

that being said, Houston is winning this series

Ultimately it’s hard as hell to be a single orbit team where one superstar does all the playmaking (harden, Trae, bron to an extent, Luka, etc)

Houston SHOULDNT have this problem, they have Russell. If I’m paying Russell 38 MILLION DOLLARS, I should not torpedo when Harden sits, but alas.
This is the team james harden built

By the same token as has been mentioned, when you're a Heliocentric player and you control the org and roster construction like Harden does, this is what can happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom