OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
EgYZhmcUMAIYVM0

not quite.

the players are going on strike.

An important distinction for anyone who needs to hear it.

A boycott is what happens when a group of people decide to withhold their consumer dollars from a given establishment. Think of the 'Don't Buy Where you Can't Work' campaigns of the 1930s. Think of the Montgomery Bus Boycott.

A strike is a refusal to work; it is a withdrawal of one's labor power through concerted and collective action.

What makes this strike remarkable was that it was not authorized by the Union head (Chris Paul) and was given without advance notice to employers. It was, in the truest sense of the term, a wildcat strike.

What we're seeing is not simply NBA and MLB players 'hittin em' in the pockets. That's on us as viewers and consumers. WE boycott. The players are, instead, recognizing that black labor is the foundation on which the entire system runs. They are pairing that material fact with the energy of the streets.

Whatever the players plan is moving forward, main thing is to sway the billionaire owners who have an influence and say on the politicians and lawmakers in this country who can do what’s necessary to hold these pigs accountable. If ****ing with their nba tv deal money and potential fans in the crowd next season money is what it needs to take. So be it.

All the symbolic gestures like phrases on the jerseys and stuff are cool. But none of that is going to get these MAGA idiots to stop being pieces of ****. Most of them don’t even watch the nba to begin with. They’re showing their asses in the comment sections of all the news posts regarding this. They need to be called out and put on the spot not only on social media, but in person and made uncomfortable to where there’s consequences for acting like a prick. As a white, fellow whites need to be on their *** consistently and not let their slick and disrespectful comments slide, doesn’t matter if it’s a friend or relative. They need to be put on the spot and violated to where they’re getting checked constantly for that smug dismissive attitude and sentiment.

People need to give these players more credit for boycotting these games.. This is literally the least they can do right now while being in this bubble. People need to remember that it doesn’t stop here they are still meeting and trying to figure things out. I think they need to shut down the season unfortunately. I think some of these players need to start putting their money where their mouth is though and start putting something together outside of basketball Instead of tweeting. Got people out here like mya moore showing these dudes up even though she doesnt have half the money or platform most of these nba guys have.

I laughed when Kenny Smith walked out.
I don’t blame him. The whole team should’ve just walked.

what’s next? I say postpone some games.

Silver the GOAT commissioner? Love how the NBA is handling things under his watch, Stern might have done some of the same. However looking at other sports it isn't even close Silver is better than Goodell. Dude has been asleep at the wheel on so many occasions. If by some fluke the Cowboys were in the playoffs and players did what Bucks did. Jerry would cut them on the spot.

I see baseball games are still underway. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom