OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Again y’all are using arguments that are very situational. If you want to live inside a very major city yes it’ll be expensive. Smart people don’t do that. Majority of people in America aren’t making over 50,000 a year. With the arguments in here I guess the majority of America is in a homeless shelter

I'm a public school teacher in rural NC they pay me in peanuts and Lunchables.

80K a year I'm buying a boat, a Rollie, a couple BBL's for the ******, just some light work.
Hey power to you my man. I broke out of that struggle couple years back. Work in a private practice now. This Covid stuff is really blowing it all out of proportion to. You can see that a lot of people don’t care about education or educators at all and there’s no way I will waste my life working for those people.

Again y’all are using arguments that are very situational. If you want to live inside a very major city yes it’ll be expensive. Smart people don’t do that. Majority of people in America aren’t making over 50,000 a year. With the arguments in here I guess the majority of America is in a homeless shelter

What do you define as “homeless”? A lot of these folks are living as roommates...

You’re correct, unless you’re wanting to live an hour+ outside the metro area in the boonies - then that’s the move. Just speaking of Atlanta.

You can live comfortably if you’re in control of your spending and debt to income ratio. I know someone making $50K a year, no debt, single with no kids, living like a king.

All about lifestyle choices?

What do you define as “homeless”? A lot of these folks are living as roommates...

You’re correct, unless you’re wanting to live an hour+ outside the metro area in the boonies - then that’s the move. Just speaking of Atlanta.

You can live comfortably if you’re in control of your spending and debt to income ratio. I know someone making $50K a year, no debt, single with no kids, living like a king.

How far out is Marietta? Just a quick google search provides that $80K could have you living in a decent home.

You raise a good point. You can make X amount of dollars but if you’re in debt your net worth is in the gutter. To me THAT matters. Also rounds back to your lifestyle choices comment you made which is absolutely true.

show me these boonies an hour away from a major city. Curious to see what you define as that.

Homeless meaning no home? Haha, I’m just saying if 80K isn’t enough to talk then someone making 50k must be hurting hard. That’s simply not the case

How far out is Marietta? Just a quick google search provides that $80K could have you living in a decent home.

Depending which part - but with traffic from Atlanta - 45 mins drive.

Cobb County has their own city to the point you don’t really have to come to the metro Atlanta area.

Hey power to you my man. I broke out of that struggle couple years back. Work in a private practice now. This Covid stuff is really blowing it all out of proportion to. You can see that a lot of people don’t care about education or educators at all and there’s no way I will waste my life working for those people.

Pre-COVID I enjoyed it. Working with the kids is fun, I teach computer programming so the classes are laid back. In a pandemic however? Absolutely terrible, teachers quitting left and right like clockwork. Two times the work same pay.

Honestly I'd make more money working at my family's car dealership full time but at this point I have 1 more year left and all my debt is forgiven regardless of what Biden decides. That's 50k of debt wiped away so I'm toughing it out 1 more year and I'm bouncing.

This is about 45 mins with no traffic to Atlanta

Honestly the traffic is bad - adding more time

FC0E4FCD-1E66-40B1-97EA-18EF6D3CF6FB.png

EE4B1220-657C-40A7-ADCC-12AEA636E6EE.png

Last edited:
Pre-COVID I enjoyed it. Working with the kids is fun, I teach computer programming so the classes are laid back. In a pandemic however? Absolutely terrible, teachers quitting left and right like clockwork. Two times the work same pay.

Honestly I'd make more money working at my family's car dealership full time but at this point I have 1 more year left and all my debt is forgiven regardless of what Biden decides. That's 50k of debt wiped away so I'm toughing it out 1 more year and I'm bouncing.
That sucks to hear man. Was in a similar situation. My sisters run a plastic surgery place. In the summer times and over the long breaks I would come and be a tech and assist with hair transplant, liposuction, etc. lived a very weird double life. I almost had to do that to support my teaching habit LOL. Literally over the summer I would make near double what I would make in a year. I only stayed teaching because I felt like I owed it To the kids and the families I was working with. I still kind of feel that way but not to the point where I would put them above myself and my family.

Anyway, keep doing what you’re doing man

Yeah the homes in Gwinnett county blew my mind. Better to almost have an out of state job though. Back in the day an old Director saw I was sick of my job though I was good at it and offered me a 45k role in ATL, sometimes I wonder if I had taken it how it would go.

My commute now is about 45 because I'm outbound.

90 mins for the suburbs folks going inbound is normal TBH.

I live in the worst metro area for traffic though.

I could see why other folks would think that's crazy.

45-minute commute not even that crazy, tbh. People do much, much worse for the sake of what they think is saving a dollar.

House on bottom is definitely a mil where I currently live. And in actually 30 - 45 mins out of the city right now. Might catch these prices downstate IL but short of that...

Like you said, the boonies.

Back
Top Bottom