OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Damn, that was unexpected!! :emoji_money_with_wings::emoji_moneybag:

I did the TurboTax advance and it hit my card through them instead of bank account this time.

Yeah it's a business with an actual location. Less than $300,000 per year, but have friends making $150,000-$200,000 getting back like $6,000 a year. I don't know how his tax accountant is doing it.
I need that accountant.

They just letting the government hold x $ every month that they earned and traded their time for interest free, that's all. :lol:

IRS tool should be functional Monday, in case anyone's looking to track it.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/12/how-to-track-third-stimulus.html

Those awaiting the arrival of the third stimulus payment, which could start being deposited as soon as this weekend, will soon be able to track its status on the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) website.

Like the other two stimulus payments, you can track the status of yours using the IRS's Get My Payment tool. However, the tool is not available yet for the American Rescue Plan (ARP) payments, as the IRS needs time to review the law's tax provisions. Treasury officials said Friday evening the tool would be available starting Monday, March 15.

Last edited:
Earthworm Stim getting deposited next wednesday in my NavyFedCU. damn, i was trying to purchase a firearm this weekend with it :emoji_disappointed:.

I got BofA. Don’t know why I didn’t receive the $600. Did my taxes on the 1st. I don’t even know what to expect with this one let alone when I’m getting my refund...

I need to get my taxes done... still waiting on the W2 from my unemployment from Colorado, but now I'm in IL.

WF is dirty if they really holding folks money hostage. I got WF. The last $600 I got on the first drop. They're roasting WF in the comments of that Twitter post.

Good news guys.

For the 2020 tax year, the American Rescue Plan waives federal taxes on unemployment insurance benefits (up to $10,200 for individuals and up to $20,400 for married couples filing jointly, if each spouse collected UI benefits) for households with an adjusted gross income of less than $150,000

I'm glad I hadn't filed yet.

Glad I never owe in taxes. Make sure I claim zero on my w2 to take out the most taxes with all the overtime I do.

Don't think I'm getting a Stim Carrey this time around.

source.gif

Assuming it's drive off your AGI amount, I believe mine is over the the requirement. Plus, I filed taxes for 2020 already. Had I not yet, based off my 2019 forms I would have been eligible. Guess I 'screwed myself' on the tax filing end, but in the long run I obviously rather be making what I am now than two years ago.

It is confirmed that it's based off AGI, right?

Back
Top Bottom