OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebraska is one that maybe should’ve been a little more patient. Much better cultural fit for the SEC.

Nebraska in the SEC and Missouri in the Big10 feels on the surface like it makes more sense to me.

What makes you feel they’re better culturally for the SEC and not the B1G? Not saying you are wrong by any means just curious

And I agree Missouri seemed more like a better B1G fit

It’s not the B1G it’s Nebraska, their run came during the Big 8 mostly. Only the tail end took place in the Big XII.

Missouri should be in the B1G as well tho.

What makes you feel they’re better culturally for the SEC and not the B1G? Not saying you are wrong by any means just curious

And I agree Missouri seemed more like a better B1G fit
Nebraska just has always felt to me like a school/program that valued football success above everything. Academics be damned kinda thing. They’d even just lost their AAU accreditation just before they made the move.

Ultra-red conservative state/fanbase. Very SEC. Not very Big10.

Their heavy reliance on recruiting nationally both high school and JUCO at every turn they’ve been great also probably plays more into their favor in the SEC.

They went Big10, lost all ability to recruit nationally and keep kids at school, and turned themselves into a corn cob flyover Midwest grave yard. What’s their ceiling at this point? What Iowa is?

Nebraska is one that maybe should’ve been a little more patient. Much better cultural fit for the SEC.

Nebraska in the SEC and Missouri in the Big10 feels on the surface like it makes more sense to me.
Agreed. Nebraska’s power brokers definitely didn’t think about recruiting enough with that Big 10 move. Did nothing to enhance they’re recruiting profile or base, and actually hurt their standing the most with the areas they built their success recruiting from.

Mater Dei. 31
Duncanville 3

at the half

MJ.gif

It’s not the B1G it’s Nebraska, their run came during the Big 8 mostly. Only the tail end took place in the Big XII.

Missouri should be in the B1G as well tho.
Not sure I really agree. Not being able to sell Texas kids on playing Texas/Oklahoma is pretty much the death of Nebraska. They made a national title game in 01

Not sure I really agree. Not being able to sell Texas kids on playing Texas/Oklahoma is pretty much the death of Nebraska. They made a national title game in 01

The decline started in the Big XII after they got rid of Solich. Their run was during the old Big 8 which’s footprint isn’t all that different than the B1G West.

Osborne was able to going into CA and TX because of his rep as a coach, and because UT, OU, and SC were all down during the 90’s.

Nebraska is never going to be Nebraska again because they are never going to have a coach as good as Osborne again.

Mario’s gone full SEC. These dudes are standing trial for assault for doing a drive by with airsoft guns and shooting at and hitting people.

Their trial date is apparently 9/3 and he’s reinstating them now?

———

Won’t last three seasons

Last edited:
Tempted to head to the stadium and watch Illinois vs Nebraska but it’s gonna be so hot at noon :smh:

45-3. Yikes.

Heard Omari Abor got dominated by the Mater Dei LT and didn’t look good N41D N41D
Definitely did not have a good game.

Duncanville is probably a fringe top-10 team in the state this year.. but damn they got pummeled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom