OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Tomlin even being mentioned. I LOVE the guy and it would be phenomenal, but he would get scooped up real quick by another NFL team. Teams will be lined up to grab him. Going back to college doesnt make sense

I won't even engage in Tomlin discussion.

and what's Carson Palmers role in this whole thing?

Him announcing the favorites and candidates seems weird if he has any ties to what's really happening.

It’s such a bizarre name to even throw out.

“hey the guy that has an NFL gig with the most stable franchise in sports, no talk of him getting fired, zero connections to our program and hasn’t coached college ball in over 2 decades!”

Yeah, right.

It’s such a bizarre name to even throw out.

“hey the guy that has an NFL gig with the most stable franchise in sports, no talk of him getting fired, zero connections to our program and hasn’t coached college ball in over 2 decades!”

Yeah, right.
I’ve talked to dacomeup dacomeup about this a little off the board but it’s not so much random if you’ve followed it.

That’s not to say it’s likely or something that will happen, but I’ve posted his name on here before in the past along with Jon Harbaugh’s. Those didn’t come out of thin air. They’ve been asking Tomlin since 2013 and he said no then. It’s not the AD but SC alums and mega boosters connected to those coaches trying to convince them to make the jump.

Those mega boosters offer them and make them say no, then move on to other candidates. They figure if Pitt decides to move on from Tomlin and Ben, that they can at least make a very competitive offer to give Mike something to consider while he looks at other NFL jobs. If it ends up being between USC and like Jax or something similar, who knows.

Last edited:
Wouldn't even make sense to me, everything we ever heard from Tomlin indicates he would want no parts of recruiting, then you add in the politics of the job...

come on Pete, I know you want to end your coaching career back at USC. What a way to go out!
He gotta come back home. It's time

BlissfulNewCurlew-size_restricted.gif

• Fire
Reactions: HIM
The Jon Harbaugh “rumors” :lol:
Again, those rumors were just news getting out that SC boosters were trying to take matters into their own hands and hire a sought after former pro guy like Bama boosters did sidelining their AD and getting Saban and mega booster Casey Wasserman did at UCLA, hiring Kelly without ever saying a word to their AD at the time Dan Guerrero.

Tomlin said no in 2013. I’m not sure if Harbaugh ever got as far as having to say no in 2015 because Pat Haden and certain admins wanted Clay Helton as HC for various reasons and rushed that hire before anyone could object.

Btw I don’t think Tomlin happens. I have an opinion of who I think the hire will be, or at least the order in which coaches will be offered and I don’t have him on my realistic list.

Just explaining where the Tomlin talk is coming from.

Julian Humphrey dropped Florida… I assume UGA atlsfinest atlsfinest ?

Mullen taking it in the shorts.

I think you're right. I think both Humphrey and Stewart end up at Georgia. Musty mullen is turning Florida into 3-star U. He should be fired for this reason alone. There's absolutely no reason Florida shouldn't have a class outside thr top 10 recruiting class every single year, regardless of on the field success.

Last edited:
I think you're right. I think both Humphrey and Stewart end up at Georgia. Musty mullen is turning Florida into 3-star U. He should be fired for this reason alone. There's absolutely no reason Florida shouldn't have a top 10 recruiting class every single year, regardless of on the field success.

Keep him there forever

Last edited:
Right. Pete’s hanging up the headset after this gig.
Although, considering at 57 he was chasing Southern California co-eds with Sark, Lane, Yogi, and O :nerd: who knows what he's got left in the tank.

Franklin just hired Jimmy Sexton? :lol:

Boutta get paaaaaaid.
Mm hmm.

The Penn State "rumors are just his agent doing work" insiders are

giphy.gif

Weirdly though, it seems a growing percentage of their fan base wants him gone. For... Bill Obrien or Matt Rhule? :sick:

Is there any reason to believe MSU can beat Michigan?
Msu exposed Michigan’s CB’s last year. I think our corners are a little better this year but I think it’s gonna happen again this year. I don’t think our secondary has truly been tested yet. And while our defense has been better, they seem to be susceptible to big plays. Michigan might be able to keep Walker in check but they might not need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom