OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... about Lane to LSU. Not sure if he's actually trying for that job (alum friend says he's hearing it's between Napier, Jimbo, Fickell, and Franklin right now) but...

Connected SC person (he'd know this) says Lane is actively pursuing and lobbying for the USC job.

Why?

As a native Michigander I'll say that the MSU/UM beef is way worse than the OSU beef. Think about it like this: In your fam and friend circle, or even at work you have to pick a side. If you lose to state then you gotta deal with them folks all year. So for personal purposes, losing the MSU game is WAY worse than losing to OSU

This. There is bad blood between both of those schools much less this time around both schools being undefeated. Yeah that noon kick off is weak and it would be way cooler to have an evening game but I don't trust either of those fan bases with that much time to liquor up. I will say nothing beats a good ol' tailgate at the basketball courts at MSU.

Wife went to MSU and her parents have been season ticket holders for 30+ years. Tried to get their extra two seats for this game. Damn Uncle got em.

Because it's his dream job and he felt the death penalty sanctions kept him from achieving what he could there. He wants a second crack at it.

EDIT

He's also on the record as saying his tenure was unfairly judged, considering circumstances, and he got a bad shake being fired the way he was.

This is the same guy that when the admin wanted him to fire his OL coach Cregg, decided to troll them instead by hiring a 2nd OL coach and just keeping 2 on staff as a "**** you, don't tell me what to do."

Last edited:
Heather Dinich type people are what’s wrong with the playoff voting committee. Alabama and Ohio State leapfrogging Cincy without doing anything? I’d love for the Bearcats to win the Nat Championship and completely rewrite everything people think they know about the ranking process.

So... about Lane to LSU. Not sure if he's actually trying for that job (alum friend says he's hearing it's between Napier, Jimbo, Fickell, and Franklin right now) but...

Connected SC person (he'd know this) says Lane is actively pursuing and lobbying for the USC job.
Lane back at USC would be such a massive LOL. But it actually might not be a horrible idea.

I wouldn't be surprised if LSU landed on Napier. The reaction from the A&M side on the LSU stuff with Jimbo has been almost non-existent. In the past there was legitimate concern with Sumlin-to-USC rumors or whatever stuff came up with him in the past.

This time around there's literally nothing. Don't know what that means, but the level of concern seems to be near-zero.

No cap, I honestly think Lane would handle all the pressures that come along with SC a lot better this time, but if he got that job again it would still be hilarious.

Clemson board mods and media insiders are throwing the QB and OL coaches under the bus.

Considering you’re not allowed to criticize clemson or risk losing access forever, you know they’re doing so under Dabo’s direction.

Man I hope USC doesn’t settle on James Franklin. Dude is garbage

Is there any reason to believe MSU can beat Michigan?
Is he though? Or does he just struggle to beat Ohio State regularly like every other team in the conference

Man I hope USC doesn’t settle on James Franklin. Dude is garbage

Is there any reason to believe MSU can beat Michigan?

The game is going to be close, I’m expecting a old school Big Ten rock fight. Top to bottom Michigan is more talented, but MSU is coming off a bye and has had two weeks to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom