OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is. A lot of schools recruit by region so the primary/initial contact can be a different coach but then the position coach takes over later and builds the relationship. Why do you think Tosh Lupoi was recruiting Najee, Tua, etc.

It has its pros and cons.

Yep, it’s very common. What isn’t common is the lack of follow up from the WR coach with the commit.

I doubt this kids recruitment is anywhere near over

What would you guys think if USC goes to option 4 or 5 and ends up with like Dan Quinn?
I guess I just don’t get what USC is trying to do.

Established, career NFL guys aren’t coming back for that job.

Their alumni doesn’t realize that

But that seems to be the case with most schools
I kinda also think if Dan Quinn’s name is anywhere near that job, they’re dead in the water.

It’s like they’re focused on Urban, pipe dreams or NFL washouts. It’s weird.

Have they been linked to any college guys that aren’t James Franklin? Has he coached himself out of contention?

Nervous, no Corum today and this is the first time the secondary has matched up with a WR like Dotson.

Ah I didn’t realize Corum is out today. I was pleasantly surprised with how tOSU matched up against Dotson (but didn’t look impressive anywhere else). I guess it depends on which PSU team shows up

I kinda also think if Dan Quinn’s name is anywhere near that job, they’re dead in the water.

It’s like they’re focused on Urban, pipe dreams or NFL washouts. It’s weird.

Have they been linked to any college guys that aren’t James Franklin? Has he coached himself out of contention?
It’s fickell’s wife’s job to turn down. Campbell and Franklin and Aranda are the other college guys also linked.

Aranda would take it if offered but he’s down the list. Who knows what Franklin’s really doing. He’s got a wandering eye but who knows if he’s ever serious about leaving PSU. Campbell is a similar situation to Fickell but an easier guy to convince.

Kiffin is asking for the job but there’s no chance he gets it. Bill O’Brien too but everyone knows he’s a prick.

I legit thought Samford would be the last team UF beats this year. Now... Dan might not make it past halftime.

What a clash of coaching titans the first half of the um psu game has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom