OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome home Justin Wilcox!!
Cal has had its woes and it hasn't made the progress as hoped since the early season promise of the 2019 season. Still, Wilcox has recruited well given the school's limitations. Would be nice to see what he can do with a real QB taking snaps. If Wilcox were to leave, good for him. I'd be eyeing Troy Taylor at Sacramento State if I were Cal. Former Cal QB, turned Folsom HS into a powerhouse, and instantly turned Sacramento State into a contender in the FCS.

Random: I learned today UW self reported Tosh Lupoi’s helping a recruit pay for $3000 SAT tutoring services specifically to keep him from coming to SC with Sark in 2013.

I hope you guys hire Mike leach.

Random: I learned today UW self reported Tosh Lupoi’s helping a recruit pay for $3000 SAT tutoring services specifically to keep him from coming to SC with Sark in 2013.

I hope you guys hire Mike leach.

You don’t know what everyone in here self identifies as - we gotta do better and become more inclusive

A rep from the representation company that is advising SC’s athletes on NIL (they’re not in house) said the following:

- The representative said one of the biggest things she's seen change in the first year of this has been the perspective of the student-athlete. So many athletes were expecting to make all this money out the gate, but there wasn't this huge flood of deals going out. She also said some companies have been hesitant to jump into the NIL fray.

- She shared some horror stories of athletes being taken advantage of, using the example of an athlete signing away their perpetuity rights for $20.

That second thing is awful and probably fairly common

-----

"I was stuck on a long Zoom call this morning, so I decided to gather some data to pass the time.
My interest was piqued by recent (re)posts about (USC's assistant AD) Brandon Sosna's data-focused approach to hiring (especially turnover margin and penalties). To that end, here's a look at some of the rumoured candidates:
user generated Two things stick out to me: Fickell's numbers are much worse than I expected. Conversely, Clawson's candidacy seems to make more sense.
As always, remember what they say about statistics. Data can be misleading and take everything with a grain of salt."

Last edited:
SC boosters kicked the tires on Matt Rhule and he turned them down but recommended Joe Brady to them as a HC. Word is Brady didn’t like coaching in college so that’s weird.

There's whispers circulating that Texas is anticipating as many as 40 guys to enter the portal this spring.

That Sark is going to take a blow torch to the roster and try to start from scratch.

He's going to bury them. :lol: :lol:

There's whispers circulating that Texas is anticipating as many as 40 guys to enter the portal this spring.

That Sark is going to take a blow torch to the roster and try to start from scratch.

He's going to bury them. :lol: :lol:

Letting my Hawks get a W on Saturday would really, really help that whole 'start from scratch' idea. Except losing to KU might get Sark the Charlie 'snot nose' Strong treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom