OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's whispers circulating that Texas is anticipating as many as 40 guys to enter the portal this spring.

That Sark is going to take a blow torch to the roster and try to start from scratch.

He's going to bury them. :lol: :lol:
As Stephen Godfrey said, they’re playing the Tom Herman movie back in 4x speed.

nako xl nako xl didn’t you like the hire? No bueno
I did. I think he’s getting a tiny bit of a bad rap. They won the North last year and belonged in the CCG and this year has been rough, but to bail on a dude after he goes 7-6 in his first 13 games (and 3-1 in year 1, a Covid year) is… well UW deserves what they get.

I’d still take him as SCs D coordinator.

“I don’t remember any other year where style points mattered”

These broadcasters on this Cinci game are pathetic :lol:

Lawd :lol:

D1955960-F5E7-4DFF-8FFE-0A622AC10054.jpeg

Tiger Droppings is an absurd board and their version of one of those maniac fan sites, but I think their manic energy is coming from rumors Scott Woodward and some NFL GMs have been making overtures to Lincoln. I don’t see the logic in him entertaining another college job but the rumors are plentiful enough that Riley’s had to address it with recruits and the OU insiders have said they’re looking into them.

I still think it’s Jimbo or bust for LSU and if he turns them down, the longer they delay with their tier 2 candidates idk who they end up with.

Last edited:
I still think it’s Jimbo or bust for LSU and if he turns them down, the longer they delay with their tier 2 candidates idk who they end up with.
I can almost guarantee you Jimbo’s raise/extension earlier this year was the result of Woodward making his strongest pitch. He was in touch with Jimbo to A&M around the same time, if not earlier, when Jimbo was at FSU. And Jimbo basically stopped recruiting at FSU…he’s got a ton of the best players in the country still talking about A&M.

At this time I don’t have any worries about Jimbo going anywhere.

Those LSU dudes are funny. Talk about how Jimbo isn’t a good coach at all…yet they’re all talking about him being the guy.

There's whispers circulating that Texas is anticipating as many as 40 guys to enter the portal this spring.

That Sark is going to take a blow torch to the roster and try to start from scratch.

He's going to bury them. :lol: :lol:
Yikes. That’s quite the hole to dig out from. Gonna look like 2020 LSU but for longer without the direct line of instate prospects being fed to the program.

Even LSU is about to be stuck in the second part of Curley Hallman’s and all of Gerry DiNardo’s run for a long time. If they strike out on Jimbo and pursue until the end, they’ll end up with option 4 or 5 like Texas has the last 3 hires.

Took a walk down memory lane.

Oof November 30, 2015 was a blood bath🤮
26C9E026-0462-4874-9758-9D2727265786.jpeg

EFDF6E85-30DB-4225-9008-074665C7A4E2.png

4787FAD6-7981-4862-B0F0-611F5F641D20.jpeg

E809DE41-340E-4020-9684-1537760715BA.jpeg

A0CBDB4A-039F-4CE4-AD01-826AA8E05D65.jpeg
(^ Big McElwain energy in here MVP MVP :lol:)

Yikes. That’s quite the hole to dig out from. Gonna look like 2020 LSU but for longer without the direct line of instate prospects being fed to the program.

Even LSU is about to be stuck in the second part of Curley Hallman’s and all of Gerry DiNardo’s run for a long time. If they strike out on Jimbo and pursue until the end, they’ll end up with option 4 or 5 like Texas has the last 3 hires.
What would you guys think if USC goes to option 4 or 5 and ends up with like Dan Quinn?

MVP MVP was actually right about something. Put some respeck on his name!

RIP 5am6oody72 5am6oody72 . Sad Fuente was the culprit that got you. You deserve better. All we need is that one Georgia dude coming back this year to seal your fate.

Also, Iron Man got silenced and deleted his account?

gunna get it gunna get it still searching for a savior

What would you guys think if USC goes to option 4 or 5 and ends up with like Dan Quinn?
Man, I LOVED him until last weekend. Denver made him look silly. I still like him a lot as a DC. Obviously Mike McCarthey is gonna end up catching almost all of the hate when his coordinators don’t produce. Silly *** thing about the NFL.

I have never understood the CFB fascination/obsession with getting a life-time NFL coach to come to college. Quinn hasn’t recruited at the college level since 1980. He’s had a really up and down career as a DC/HC/DC. Do you want the defensive version of Mike Sherman leading the supposed top program in California? How are you planning on selling that to recruits?

Going off my last post and CFB obsessions…can anybody post all the times that a college football program has hired an active NFL coach away from an actual NFL contract and had success at the college level? I’ll allow about 5 exceptions before y’all owe me push-ups.

Man, I LOVED him until last weekend. Denver made him look silly. I still like him a lot as a DC. Obviously Mike McCarthey is gonna end up catching almost all of the hate when his coordinators don’t produce. Silly *** thing about the NFL.

I have never understood the CFB fascination/obsession with getting a life-time NFL coach to come to college. Quinn hasn’t recruited at the college level since 1980. He’s had a really up and down career as a DC/HC/DC. Do you want the defensive version of Mike Sherman leading the supposed top program in California? How are you planning on selling that to recruits?
Quinn was actually the DC/DL coach at Florida those first two years of Muschamp. His 2012 defense there was really good if I recall correctly.

But yeah I don’t like the obsession with nfl coaches either. I guess the idea is, if they can win in the nfl college comp is more diluted and should be easier. But the counter to that is, it’s easier to coach professional athletes than it is college kids with limits on how many hours they can spend on football.

10508 cardo jr ln 10508 cardo jr ln Saw Julian Humphrey committed to y’all today. Think that’s gonna end up being a big mistake on our end not taking his commitment. He has the tools to be a stud, and most likely will be with y’all’s coaching.

Also, if A&M isn’t taking his commitment you can talk extra **** to Florida fans about flipping him.

This quote is incredibly damning to Dan and his staff. Only reinforces the narrative that he "doesn't get it". It really shouldn't be this hard to recruit to the University of Florida. All you have to do is show a little bit of effort
UGA Cottrell.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s just bad. Is that common? Goddamn linebackers coach being dude’s main point of contact? :lol:
No, this isn't common. Dan Mullen just has built an inept recruiting infrastructure at Florida.
Yes it is. A lot of schools recruit by region so the primary/initial contact can be a different coach but then the position coach takes over later and builds the relationship. Why do you think Tosh Lupoi was recruiting Najee, Tua, etc.

It has its pros and cons.

Has the coach where game day is visiting ever been the celebrity guest picker? Or is that lane kiffin doing what lane kiffin does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom