OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to make a comment earlier calling him Butch Jones with the “champions of life” attitude, but didn’t wanna seem like a hater when you posted about it seeming like a done deal…

Cali might be a good place for that type of attitude, but don’t think USC itself is with how starved they are to return to former glory.
The board has been roasting the idea of him. I would like the hire. Would prefer the other two guys at this point though.

I think that comment took a lot of weird heat, in all honesty. Particularly from the Fox Big Noon crew.

He didn’t say he didn’t want to win conference titles. He said his goal was - more or less - to get the most out of his team and the players he’s got in his locker room.

He’s at Iowa State for God’s sake. Most years, getting the most you can out of that level of talent just doesn’t equate to a conference title contender. It is what it is.

It’s easy for Bob Stoops to sit there and say that when his career was spent at a gig that - at that time - had more talent and resources than anyone in a conference that largely sucked.

^ I don’t think it was so much the main idea behind the comment, it was the way he said it. If he just comes back and says “our main objective to win the big 12 fell short, but our other goal of maturing and having the college experience is something else we are trying to do” and so forth, and says how proud he of them, I don’t think anybody even cares.

But for him to be like, “who said that’s our goal? I never said that!”, it just made him sound like he was moving the goal posts to make it sound like a successful season.

I think that comment took a lot of weird heat, in all honesty. Particularly from the Fox Big Noon crew.

He didn’t say he didn’t want to win conference titles. He said his goal was - more or less - to get the most out of his team and the players he’s got in his locker room.

He’s at Iowa State for God’s sake. Most years, getting the most you can out of that level of talent just doesn’t equate to a conference title contender. It is what it is.

It’s easy for Bob Stoops to sit there and say that when his career was spent at a gig that - at that time - had more talent and resources than anyone in a conference that largely sucked.

And still earned the name of Big Game Bob :lol:

N41D N41D USC's S-tier insider came out of hiding with some stuff:

1. Campbell interviewed over their bye week in October. Cc: isu 42 isu 42
2. LSU offered Petersen $8M/per for 12 years. He turned them down.
3. LSU offered Riley $8M/per for 12 years. The answer is unclear.
4. USC doesn't have their guy yet. If they did we'd have heard about him sourcing staff/people signing deals.
5. Current AD is assuring some assistants/support staff they're safe with the next coaching staff, which is an issue.
6. USC would have been better off firing Clay at the end of the year because as much as he sucked he held things together. Some of the coaches have quit and are looking for their next job and Donte has struggled as a first time HC picking up a lot of their slack.

N41D N41D USC's S-tier insider came out of hiding with some stuff:

1. Campbell interviewed over their bye week in October. Cc: isu 42 isu 42
2. LSU offered Petersen $8M/per for 12 years. He turned them down.
3. LSU offered Riley $8M/per for 12 years. The answer is unclear.
4. USC doesn't have their guy yet. If they did we'd have heard about him sourcing staff/people signing deals.
5. Current AD is assuring some assistants/support staff they're safe with the next coaching staff, which is an issue.
6. USC would have been better off firing Clay at the end of the year because as much as he sucked he held things together. Some of the coaches have quit and are looking for their next job and Donte has struggled as a first time HC picking up a lot of their slack.
Would be a bit surprised at this point if it wasn’t Campbell at USC.

If LSU can’t reel in Riley… what’s next? Napier isn’t gonna wait around, I wouldn’t think.

Damn Dre, we sent yall Jermaine Johnson and you still hating

4DB7F53B-B19E-4711-B815-659D4CB59275.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom