OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm going to base this half off something I know to be true and half off of conjecture:

I think Riley to USC has been in the works since last winter. I can't remember if I posted this to isu 42 isu 42 but one of the arguments for Campbell was that whoever the SC coaching hire was, it was a pretty terribly kept secret in USC circles that Bohn had been vetting Clay replacements since the day after the Conference Championship. It's why I thought its how Campbell got around his "I don't interview in-season" thing by doing so after their bowl game last year. SC decides they can't in good reason fire a 5-1 coach and then keeps the irons hot and communication open going into this year.

Lincoln Riley wasn't on anyone's radar except the homer-est of insiders, but even then I wonder if they really knew until this week.

But now that I think about it with all the stuff that's been coming out over the past month about Lincoln being unhappy with the SEC move and being at odds with boosters and high school coaches over him recruiting California too hard, it feels a little bit like the Keyser Soze moment in Usual Suspects.

AffectionateFalseCaiman-max-1mb.gif

Boy their boards are up in arms that he started recruiting all the California kids hard knowing this has been coming for months.

If so, he’s a scum bag. :lol: But I’m here for it.

But really nako xl nako xl … is Caleb Williams coming?

So, I'm going to base this half off something I know to be true and half off of conjecture:

I think Riley to USC has been in the works since last winter. I can't remember if I posted this to isu 42 isu 42 but one of the arguments for Campbell was that whoever the SC coaching hire was, it was a pretty terribly kept secret in USC circles that Bohn had been vetting Clay replacements since the day after the Conference Championship. It's why I thought its how Campbell got around his "I don't interview in-season" thing by doing so after their bowl game last year. SC decides they can't in good reason fire a 5-1 coach and then keeps the irons hot and communication open going into this year.

Lincoln Riley wasn't on anyone's radar except the homer-est of insiders, but even then I wonder if they really knew until this week.

But now that I think about it with all the stuff that's been coming out over the past month about Lincoln being unhappy with the SEC move and being at odds with boosters and high school coaches over him recruiting California too hard, it feels a little bit like the Keyser Soze moment in Usual Suspects.

Just so I'm clear, what you said here was inaccuarate?

Got it. Yeah, I don't know. I can confirm he 100% interviewed though. Hence my "Smoke around Campbell." He's the only name that anyone in Heritage Hall has confirmed interviewed. Not even Fickell, so far.

Reminder: Matt Campbell doesn't have/use an agent.

Hopefully not of the liberal kind that I fight against every day.

I think we already flipped 3-4 kids... Raleek Brown for sure, but hearing all those Los Al kids too.

Last edited:
Just so I'm clear, what you said here was inaccuarate?
No. Campbell interviewed, dude. I know Iowa State fans deify him, but he did. I'm just not sure when, but so did Aranda and a few other guys. At this point EVERYONE is saying that is true, except for the ISU 247 mod who insists Campbell would never talk to another school. Even Swain said he talked to USC.

The conflicting info is whether or not Campbell and USC had a deal and then Riley circled back around. I'm starting to think it was always Riley as their #1.

And based on their posts right now so do the OU insiders who are calling him a "remorseless backstabber" :lol:

what's the rule for OU recruits that de-commit and follow Riley? free to play ASAP? i'd assume they don't have to sit out a year since they haven't started with OU yet

what's the rule for recruits that de-commit and follow Riley? free to play ASAP? i'd assume they don't have to sit out a year since they haven't started yet

I don’t think they have to sit out at all if you’re meaning a recruit for a future class that isn’t on the team yet

No. Campbell interviewed, dude. I know Iowa State fans deify him, but he did. I'm just not sure when, but so did Aranda and a few other guys. At this point EVERYONE is saying that is true, except for the ISU 247 mod who insists Campbell would never talk to another school. Even Swain said he talked to USC.

The conflicting info is whether or not Campbell and USC had a deal and then Riley circled back around. I'm starting to think it was always Riley as their #1.

And based on their posts right now so do the OU insiders who are calling him a "remorseless backstabber" :lol:

The ones on rivals went from “yeah there’s absolutely no way he’s going to leave. He loves it here and we love him” to “enjoy having a non physical team and losing to the middling teams like he did here”

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom