OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lanning putting together a nice staff, huh?
A great recruiting staff for sure. A lot of those guys arent good coordinators/position coaches but we’ll see how they do with Lanning.

I wouldn’t doubt that they hired Mehringer to try to lure Bru. We’ll see if he can clear their compliance with his DV issues.

The Mayo Bowl has been great so far. Cant wait to see 4.5 gallons of the disgusting condiment dumped on the winning coach.

wonder how Caleb Downs is being recruited by josh downs. josh has played well this year.

Some of the smaller bowl games have some great entertainment value. Like if there's only 20 bowls, do we have the Mayo Bowl with a 4.5 gallon mayonnaise bath for the winning coach?

"HEY LETS HAVE THESE TWO WOMEN PICK UP A 5 GALLON TUB FULL OF MAYO OVER THEIR HEADS AND DUMP IT ON THIS POOR BASTARD THAT JUST WON OUR BOWL GAME"

Great idea, idiots.

This is nothing new in the past 10 years outside of Clemson.

Not entirely true, but close to your decade window and as a fan, it sure feels like a decade. FSU was good ‘12-‘14ish, but that pretty much came to a screeching halt. ‘13 was one of the better teams in college football history. Wouldn’t begin to claim they were better than or even on par with a ‘01 Hurricanes, but they arguably one of the Top 10 or close to it. I believe 22 offensive and defensive players that played in the NCG (11 on each side of the all) went on to the NFL and over a 3 year period I believe 29 were drafted, which for the time, I believe was a record for a 3 year span.

The rest, I would agree have been trash and FSU has been one of the biggest dumpster fires of them all. Jimbo has his quirks and some egregious errors of his own, but he was right about a lot of things, too. FSU didn’t heed his warnings and now they’re way behind the curve in a lot of areas. You’re seeing first hand this recruiting cycle what a fully weaponized Jimbo can do. Whether that will result in a Championship? Who the hell knows, but the dude can flat out recruit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom