OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only in college football can the guy who tells recruits he’s looking at the nfl be considered a ****.

We’ll have no room for this transparency in this sport.
The commmunication to the assistants whose jobs are in limbo is kind of a big deal. Plus with Gattis, he obviously was taking Weiss with him and not Gattis. It’s ****** as a boss to do your employees like that, regardless of transparency with recruits. If those dudes loss their jobs in February when they turned down opportunities in the earlier months — that’s bad business.

Caleb turned around and dumped some cash into a grooming/nail polish company, too.

Got other investors like Maisie Williams and Iann Dior.

Homie went to LA, got flush with cash, and rubbing elbows on investment opportunities with stars. :pimp:

Caleb turned around and dumped some cash into a grooming/nail polish company, too.

Got other investors like Maisie Williams and Iann Dior.

Homie went to LA, got flush with cash, and rubbing elbows on investment opportunities with stars. :pimp:
There might be a lot more Dr. Dre money flowing around too. casper90403 casper90403 you were on to something :nerd:

good for Caleb. Be smart with that money. Make it work for you.
I just hope we dont see kids getting this money thinking they made it, Easy to do at that age.

Love seeing the kids get compensated, but the football program would do themselves a solid if they pushed these kids to take some finance courses while they are getting them for free
Should be flat out required at universities to take a couple of semesters of basic finance regardless of your major of choice.

Granted, it's been awhile since I was in school so maybe it is now.

Should be flat out required at universities to take a couple of semesters of basic finance regardless of your major of choice.

It's not. Hilariously, my immigrant parents thought finance was mandatory learning in American high schools. LOL.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought that It's up to you to manage your personal finances and nothing should be mandatory. If you don't care enough about your own money to take a class, read a book or ask for help then that is on you.

These guys are college students attending a university for 3-5 years, there are tons of finance and accounting classes they can take if they want to. The opportunity is there, it's up to them if they take it.

Even if they made finance courses mandatory, a lot of these football players would still blow it off. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force them to drink it.

Some of these guys end up broke and then say "No one taught me this, or no one taught me that". Did you seek the information?

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought that It's up to you to manage your personal finances and nothing should be mandatory. These guys are college students attending a university for 3-5 years, there are tons of finance and accounting classes they can take if they want to. To. The opportunity is there, it's up to them if they take it.

Even if they made finance courses mandatory, a lot of these football players would still blow it off. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force them to drink it.

Some of these guys end up broke and then say "No one taught me this, or no one taught me that". Did you seek the information?
School is a sham for most big time college athletes. Leaving it up to 17-21 year olds to make the best decisions when the adults in the room could help seems — dumb. Especially considering the backgrounds of most of the CFB players, seems weird to want them to pull themselves by the boot straps with respect to learning finances. Schools put everything in place for them to be successful on the football field, no? Keep that same energy with off the field stuff. Show that you actually care about their long term success.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought that It's up to you to manage your personal finances and nothing should be mandatory. These guys are college students attending a university for 3-5 years, there are tons of finance and accounting classes they can take if they want to. To. The opportunity is there, it's up to them if they take it.

You are speaking as a conservative and I agree. Pull up dem 👢 🥾 👞 straps. LFG

School is a sham for most big time college athletes. Leaving it up to 17-21 year olds to make the best decisions when the adults in the room could help seems — dumb. Especially considering the backgrounds of most of the CFB players, seems weird to want them to pull themselves by the boot straps with respect to learning finances. Schools put everything in place for them to be successful on the football field, no? Keep that same energy with off the field stuff. Show that you actually care about their long term success.

What do you expect The school to provide? A mommy who checks their bank account and make sure that they're not blowing their money? You can provide information and even force them to sit through classes, but if they're uninterested, there's nothing you can do. Even if a class were mandatory, most of the players who don't care would still find a way to blow it off.

The nfl provides tons of resources to rookie players and even has a symposium for them but none of it matters if players don't listen and take it seriously. If you don't care enough about your own money to learn or seek help, what do you expect other adults to do for you? You care so much about creating avenues to get the money, but you don't care enough about learning how to manage it or make it grow for you? That's the definition of hustling backwards.

Honest question, do you guys really want these young men and women to take advice from educators that teach CRT and probably voted for Sleepy 😴 🥱 😪 🤤 Joseph Biden on how to manage money? Broke Bois are broke for a reason and ugly folks are ugly for a reason. Caleb is a conservative so I trust him more than I do anyone from Biden's America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom