OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound hurt fam and other assistants wanting to leave isn’t a good look for Michigan
Not hurt at all fam… Michigan has had a ton of turn over on this staff… He isn’t the first and won’t be the last… Gattis been looking for jobs the whole time he was here so when someone else does it he gets salty… That text was low class but expected by him.

Are coaches REALLY sleeping with moms? Or is it something that's said for every coach that leaves a program?

Like how is this happening? :lol:
It was brought up when a really good recruit didn’t show up to Michigan and then balled out for another school… Is it true??? No idea but when Jim was looking like he was gone and Mike Hart and Sherrone Moore were talked to as potential interim HC’s and Gattis was not taken seriously, it was brought up again.

That's what is extra dumb about aaron's tweets. If Jim Harbaugh takes an NFL job, and Gattis isn't considered for HC, what's that got to do with JH?

A lot of these visits when the kids are out with the players, the parents are at the bars or houses drinking with the coaches and staff so it’s not crazy if something like that happens. I even know of a coach that ended up marrying the recruits mom, and the kid did sign with him so whatever it takes I guess lmao.

Nothing is finalized, but signs point to Bryan Harsin’s time as Auburn’s head coach ending very soon. How it will come down, what it will be called, what the terms will be are not certain. Though it would be foolhardy to say things can’t change on a moment’s notice, the situation has now progressed to a point where it would be a major surprise if he returns.

Auburn is likely to name a current assistant as a short-time interim head coach, but any search for a replacement is expected to be done rapidly. With recruiting in a dead period, an interim’s main job will be to try to hold things together.

The status of athletics director Allen Greene, who has not spoken publicly about any of this, is also uncertain.

Questions started to be raised about Harsin, who moved from Boise State to Auburn in December of 2020, after a five-game losing streak to close the season. They intensified after almost half the coaches he hired left or were fired. They intensified more as a stream of players, some of them starters and most of them likely future starters, entered the transfer portal. They intensified still more when Auburn struggled recruiting and Harsin stayed off the road as rival head coaches criss-crossed the Southeast and beyond.

Other issues surfaced as Auburn’s athletics administration looked into various complaints about Harsin, his dealings with his players, his coaches and more. Harsin’s angry responses did nothing to help his situation.

It all boiled into the public sphere last Thursday. On Friday, Auburn president Jay Gogue said at the quarterly Board of Trustees meeting in Montgomery that an effort was under way to “separate fact from fiction.”

Some departing players took to social media to explain why they chose to leave Auburn. Some current players expressed their support for Harsin. Most players – current ones and departed ones – said nothing.

The Auburn masses have been in turmoil since. It appears there will soon be some clarity, though that clarity might not provide all the information for which some are clamoring.

The entire saga has been complicated by Gogue’s impending retirement. Chris Roberts, dean of the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering, was named at Friday’s Board of Trustees meeting as Gogue’s successor, but he will not officially take over until the end of the semester on May 16.

And then there is the unusual situation in the athletics department. Gen. Ron Burgess, the university’s chief operating officer, was charged with overseeing the department after head coaches in most of Auburn’s varsity sports went to Gogue to complain about Greene.

Those things combine to make what appear to be major changes even messier than usual. Moving forward, what the Auburn athletics department and football program will need most of all is stability.

There is precious little of that today.

That's what is extra dumb about aaron's tweets. If Jim Harbaugh takes an NFL job, and Gattis isn't considered for HC, what's that got to do with JH?
Yeah I think it's weird to point that finger at Harbaugh.

Feels like he's upset he wasn't in the rolling for more with Harbaugh half out the door.

Yeah I think it's weird to point that finger at Harbaugh.

Feels like he's upset he wasn't in the rolling for more with Harbaugh half out the door.
I think it’s fine to point out the way Jim handled it as a reason for Gattis to bounce… It’s not the only one… Have never heard of that Aaron guy before and never seen him break actual news in Michigan football so I don’t worry about what he is tweeting… Guys could be upset at Jim and they could leave too… Oh well, it’s a business and they are afforded that right… But people making Josh seem like a victim of Jim is laughable.

Bruh it’s never ending :lol:

This is Oklahoma board/fanbase trash because Caleb paints his finger nails. It’s not so masked homophobia. That 3rd person couldn’t contain himself enough to hide it with his xi/zer comment. Whether there’s a foot thing or not the “joke” is it’s their dog whistle/euphemism for calling him gay.

It became a problem on their 247 board because the OU mods fanned the Lincoln/USC/Caleb hate flames for the clicks then lost control and 247 had to check them for letting the slurs fly.

Some dude with a boner for Michigan/ JH

Can't imagine why Nako thought his opinion was worth sharing...

Harbaugh wasn’t looking at any of his current assistants for the nfl was he? Word was he was reaching out to others to build a staff. Not telling your current employees what you’re doing so they have no time to plan for themselves or their families isn’t going to foster trust.

Can we also acknowledge now that Harbaugh intended to be gone?

Harbaugh wasn’t looking at any of his current assistants for the nfl was he? Word was he was reaching out to others to build a staff. Not telling your current employees what you’re doing so they have no time to plan for themselves or their families isn’t going to foster trust.

Yeah…He said as much…He was going to bring 3 assistants…. He probably did upset quite a few guys and maybe a mass exodus does happen… Again, not worried about it until it happens.

Yeah…He said as much…He was going to bring 3 assistants…. He probably did upset quite a few guys and maybe a mass exodus does happen… Again, not worried about it until it happens.
I wouldn’t be worried. He’s built a staff a few times he can do it again. And Gattis wasn’t particularly exceptional.

This is Oklahoma board/fanbase trash because Caleb paints his finger nails. It’s not so masked homophobia. That 3rd person couldn’t contain himself enough to hide it with his xi/zer comment. Whether there’s a foot thing or not the “joke” is it’s their dog whistle/euphemism for calling him gay.

It became a problem on their 247 board because the OU mods fanned the Lincoln/USC/Caleb hate flames for the clicks then lost control and 247 had to check them for letting the slurs fly.

Yeah it is the Xi/Zer thing about? I’m not hip to what it means

I’ve actually seen more dudes painting their nails to match their fit more frequently. Not my thing personally but if they like it who cares :smh:

Jeff Lenny says OU coaches all agreed they will refuse to use NIL in recruiting going forward (I’m guessing this is a weak dig at Texas).

Also said that they won’t have a QB competition and that he’s bringing Dillon Gabriel in to be the starter.

Interesting strategies. Let’s see how they work out.

Apparently getting a new field design. My guess is they’ll keep the same thing they have now and add some dumb little detail in one spot. These are the (garbage) finalists. Though a grey field would be cool to see

250CFCD8-EB37-4A07-A145-69F08C050320.jpeg

A grey field would be slightly less cooler than the blue field. And last time I checked, the blue field is pretty lame.

I don't know if he was looking at his current assistants. If word was he was reaching out to others to build a staff, I would presume his assistants knew this.

Recruits knew he was looking at the NFL, Bruce Feldman knew, you knew. Presumably, Josh Gattis knew. Beyond that, I don't know what JH was supposed to tell his current employees. He didn't know anything else, either. The NFL timeline dragged this out, which sucks, but that was beyond JH's control.

Either way, Gattis was under contract with Michigan to be OC. With or without JH, there is a 99.99% probability he would be retained for the upcoming season. Very little worry for him and his family in terms of job security. A Broyles award winner is going to find work.

Yes, we can acknowledge JH intended to be gone. We can acknowledge that he had a desire to go back to the NFL, because that is what he said. We can't acknowledge that he was doing so because he was mad about his contract and leaking that out and blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom