OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can't tell how good any of those kids besides Malachi is. I don’t really see it with arch either.

*including Malachi. Def curious to watch this year’s class at the next level

LMAO I just noticed that he slid that 'besides Malachi' in there

AggressiveBarrenCicada-size_restricted.gif

nako xl nako xl

Is it bad I’m largely unsurprised by any of those times?

Only one of them that had any business leaving early was Spiller and Green.

Wydermyer about to flirt with UDFA territory after his junior film and that time.

All season long: WHY HASN'T TEXAS A&M BEEN MORE EXPLOSIVE OFFENSIVELY UNDER JIMBO?!
Today's results: OPE

This is common amongst just about all the upperclassman throughout their roster. Sumlin's era ended with a roster that was MASSIVE but sacrificed speed. This is basically the transition class Jimbo had that's now moving on, minus a handful of COVID super-seniors.

Not surprising. At all.

All season long: WHY HASN'T TEXAS A&M BEEN MORE EXPLOSIVE OFFENSIVELY UNDER JIMBO?!
Today's results: OPE

This is common amongst just about all the upperclassman throughout their roster. Sumlin's era ended with a roster that was MASSIVE but sacrificed speed. This is basically the transition class Jimbo had that's now moving on, minus a handful of COVID super-seniors.

Not surprising. At all.
*Whispers in Texan* But Jimbo's been there for 4 years now and some of those players are early entrees...

*Whispers in Texan* But Jimbo's been there for 4 years now and some of those players are early entrees...
That’s kind of the point, yeah. Been there 4 years, lots of Sumlin COVID seniors and these early entrants are Jimbo’s first full class.

Wydermyer’s always been painfully slow and Leal’s always been best suited as a 5-tech.

The point is these are largely the best upperclassman athletes on their roster. Jimbo's first full class wasn't loaded with insane athletic talent, either. He hadn’t been recruiting receiver talent well.

Again - it’s not surprising and it overwhelmingly explains why they’ve been so unexplosive in the passing game.

Last edited:

I've been very curious about helmet technology with the awareness of CTE and such (Im assuming the intoduction of these helmets is an offspring of that...correct me if I'm wrong).I feel like the NCAA and colleges have the chance and ability to engineer something great...idk what that means exactly, but the resources are there. It would be big.

Need him for what? :lol:

Hype train and anti-slander? That's hyperbole at its finest unless he visited every top program off all Spring...he may not be wrong, but arriving at that conclusion is short-strung.

Last edited:
Bud Elliott is arguing that $2M for Nico/5 star QBs is a steal and much cheaper than it should be.

He pointed out that
1. 18 year olds in other sports still make more money (the #1 pick in the MLB draft gets $9M)
2. Rookie QBs in the NFL make more than NFL assistants because players are more important than the coaches
3. How much do you think Auburn and A&M would have paid for one year of Cam Newton or Johnny Manziel? Were those seasons worth more or less than $2M to them?
4. Also pointed out it’s Tennessee fronting him the entirety of his NIL properties whereas we don’t know what Bryce for example’s final tally for NIL was.

Bud Elliott is arguing that $2M for Nico/5 star QBs is a steal and much cheaper than it should be.

He pointed out that
1. 18 year olds in other sports still make more money (the #1 pick in the MLB draft gets $9M)
2. Rookie QBs in the NFL make more than NFL assistants because players are more important than the coaches
3. How much do you think Auburn and A&M would have paid for one year of Cam Newton or Johnny Manziel? Were those seasons worth more or less than $2M to them?
4. Also pointed out it’s Tennessee fronting him the entirety of his NIL properties whereas we don’t know what Bryce for example’s final tally for NIL was.

$2,000,000 if he pans out is highway robbery.

Agreed

I just saw Paolo Banchero in a JD Sports ad on tv. He's the first current active college player in a video game (NBA 2k22) and you can buy his Nike branded Duke jersey and likeness in the game.

Kayvon Thibodeaux said Phil Knight in 2019 promised him and other Oregon signees jobs at Nike after their careers are over. Not to mention Nike/Oregon putting out limited edition NFT's and sneakers, coordinating pump-and-dumps, and giving the profits to the Oregon players.

Heard Adidas is trying to snatch up 7-on-7 teams and coordinating camps and tournaments that also happen to be fully paid multi-day "unofficial" visits for large groups of blue chips to areas with Adidas branded schools or schools they're trying to flip to Adidas.

Kids being guided through those 7-on connections to NIL agents who also happen to represent college coaches, basically funneling kids through that system to specific schools with endorsement arrangements.

Big brand NIL wars been going on :lol

He pointed out that

$2,000,000 if he pans out is highway robbery.

I definitely think that bud is correct on this one. It's weird that there are fans who still the mentality of "these 18-year-old kids are going to get in trouble because they're making so much money" as if there haven't been hundreds of NBA and MLB players handed millions of dollars at 17 and 18 years old.

If your definition of "pans out" is winning the Heisman trophy and being among the most dominant college football players in this generation then yes, $2m is a steal. The likelihood of that happening is pretty low though. I wonder what the ROI is like if Nico becomes Shea Patterson (a serviceable college quarterback). It seems as though it's similar to the draft where it is just a crapshoot and you hope you hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom