OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw Paolo Banchero in a JD Sports ad on tv. He's the first current active college player in a video game (NBA 2k22) and you can buy his Nike branded Duke jersey and likeness in the game.

Kayvon Thibodeaux said Phil Knight in 2019 promised him and other Oregon signees jobs at Nike after their careers are over. Not to mention Nike/Oregon putting out limited edition NFT's and sneakers, coordinating pump-and-dumps, and giving the profits to the Oregon players.

Heard Adidas is trying to snatch up 7-on-7 teams and coordinating camps and tournaments that also happen to be fully paid multi-day "unofficial" visits for large groups of blue chips to areas with Adidas branded schools or schools they're trying to flip to Adidas.

Kids being guided through those 7-on connections to NIL agents who also happen to represent college coaches, basically funneling kids through that system to specific schools with endorsement arrangements.

Big brand NIL wars been going on :lol:

This sounds exactly like the Louisville sneaker scandal from a couple of years back where Adidas was routing high school kids who played on Adidas sponsored AAU teams to Adidas sponsored colleges like Louisville in order to ultimately sign them to Adidas sneaker contracts when they went to the NBA (i.e Donovan Mitchell).

KU is getting $14 million a year from Three Stripes. So yall know what time it is...

KU FOOTBALL BYKE, BABY!!!
A&M is due for a re-up this summer, too. :lol:

They'd announced they were staying with adidas but the terms were still under negotiation and never got announced.

adidas already covers a TON of the 7-on-7 circuit in Texas.

I just saw Paolo Banchero in a JD Sports ad on tv. He's the first current active college player in a video game (NBA 2k22) and you can buy his Nike branded Duke jersey and likeness in the game.

Kayvon Thibodeaux said Phil Knight in 2019 promised him and other Oregon signees jobs at Nike after their careers are over. Not to mention Nike/Oregon putting out limited edition NFT's and sneakers, coordinating pump-and-dumps, and giving the profits to the Oregon players.

Heard Adidas is trying to snatch up 7-on-7 teams and coordinating camps and tournaments that also happen to be fully paid multi-day "unofficial" visits for large groups of blue chips to areas with Adidas branded schools or schools they're trying to flip to Adidas.

Kids being guided through those 7-on connections to NIL agents who also happen to represent college coaches, basically funneling kids through that system to specific schools with endorsement arrangements.

Big brand NIL wars been going on :lol:

The Adidas/Nike money is crazy in AAU basketball, and it's been trending that way (especially for adidas) in football as well. Now it's just that some of it can be above board (in some states) is what I presume.

That funneling that you mention is precisely what happens in basketball. Then the AAU coaches get mad when the kids don't choose the representation that 'they' want them to pick, when they go pro, because they miss out on that kickback.

Adidas is definitely strengthening their place with these 7on7 teams especially out west and in Texas. They haven't made the waves yet as much in the southeast, but I'm sure that is coming. If an Adidas school actually wins a Natty I'm sure it would put that into overdrive

Nico is getting $2M per year, for the first 3 years, not total. Plus $350k upfront.

Or am I wrong?
Right but Cam and Johnny each really had one GREAT college season. So the question was if you’re a school would you trade $2M (the amount Nico is getting per year on top of the signing bonus) for just one of those kind of years.

Also you’re correct, I saw his lawyer say that $8M number is inaccurate. It was $350k immediately basically as a signing bonus, then $2M per year (at Tennessee) from freshman to junior year. The $8M probably came from people assuming he was getting the $2M as long as he’s there.

Right but Cam and Johnny each really had one GREAT college season. So the question was if you’re a school would you trade $2M (the amount Nico is getting per year on top of the signing bonus) for just one of those kind of years.

Also you’re correct, I saw his lawyer say that $8M number is inaccurate. It was $350k immediately basically as a signing bonus, then $2M per year (at Tennessee) from freshman to junior year. The $8M probably came from people assuming he was getting the $2M as long as he’s there.

If you can guarantee a Cam Newton or Johnny manziel type season, every school in the country would gladly pay a prospect $2m. The calculus in this scenario is are you willing to pay $2m knowing that the likelihood you get Heisman level production is very low?

Looking at the last 5 years, over half of the five-star QBs are complete busts, some are serviceable and very few are elite. Imagine being a school that pays Hunter Johnson millions of dollars.

The most likely outcome for a five-star QB is that they will end up like Bo Nix or Spencer Rattler: good but unspectacular college QBs who were unlikely to give you a good return on a multi-million dollar investment

I see nothing but BEAUTIFUL WHITE 👸 not slurs.

hot-water-spray.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom