OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoops and Petersen would both be LOL eyeroll hires for my money - Petersen more so.

Is Franklin a shoot for the stars guy at this point? He’s home. He’s got them rolling. They’ll pay whatever he wants. He hasn’t been west of the Mississippi career wise in over 2 decades.

casper90403 casper90403 realistically though, it’s college football, not the pros. The right coach can turn around any job in 2-3 years.

Sheeeit, Cristobal is *** and look at what he’s done for Oregon, just since 2018.

And all seriousness, screw Cade Mays. I watch a lot of SEC football so I do watch the Vols quite a bit. I usually don't mind when players transfer, no hard feelings for guys like Brent Cox or Tyreke Stevenson. I get that these guys are just doing what's best for their careers. My beef with Cade is that he had to lie and talk crap about UGA on his way out.

If you want to transfer to whatever school, go for it but please leave out the theatrics. Only did he transfer from a good team to one of the worst teams in power five but he's messed up as money

Are we sure they were lies? Fields was right about UGA so I'm not saying anything.

Stoops and Petersen would both be LOL eyeroll hires for my money - Petersen more so.

Is Franklin a shoot for the stars guy at this point? He’s home. He’s got them rolling. They’ll pay whatever he wants. He hasn’t been west of the Mississippi career wise in over 2 decades.
I don’t think Franklin is a shoot for the stars hire. There’s valid reasons for him to stay for sure, but there’s an equal argument for him to go.

The truth of the matter is this: USC is a top 5 job in CFB. (Yes I know “but a poll of 79 FBS coaches said it’s the 6th best job!” Yes but they also said that was largely because of USC’s recent results more than anything else.)

Besides Saban, Urban, and for an inexplicable reason Sark, no coach in college football gets more than one shot at securing one of those top 5 jobs and that’s a tough thing to pass up. The ceiling is just higher at SC, he’s seen that first hand when Helton out talented his best penn state team to date, and him being from PA may be overblown because personality wise, he’s never been a true fit in Happy Valley.

Also let’s not pretend Franklin is really appreciated as much as he should be by the penn state faithful. Last season people there were nonsensically talking about him in the same breath as Harbaugh as coaches who were underachieving. We’ve even seen it in this thread. Sheeeeeit besides me I don’t even think any of the other usc fans would be satisfied with that hire?

I don’t think Franklin is a shoot for the stars hire. There’s valid reasons for him to stay for sure, but there’s an equal argument for him to go.

The truth of the matter is this: USC is a top 5 job in CFB. (Yes I know “but a poll of 79 FBS coaches said it’s the 6th best job!” Yes but they also said that was largely because of USC’s recent results more than anything else.)

Besides Saban, Urban, and for an inexplicable reason Sark, no coach in college football gets more than one shot at securing one of those top 5 jobs and that’s a tough thing to pass up. The ceiling is just higher at SC, he’s seen that first hand when Helton out talented his best penn state team to date, and him being from PA may be overblown because personality wise, he’s never been a true fit in Happy Valley.

Also let’s not pretend Franklin is really appreciated as much as he should be by the penn state faithful. Last season people there were nonsensically talking about him in the same breath as Harbaugh as coaches who were underachieving. We’ve even seen it in this thread. Sheeeeeit besides me I don’t even think any of the other usc fans would be satisfied with that hire?
I think he’s probably the absolute best case realistic scenario - though coaching searches almost never play out that way.

But I do kind of see him as a guy that would relish the allure of Hollywood and being in Los Angeles.

I forgot to celebrate Fleck finally putting any suggestion of him getting the job to bed yesterday.
The Trojan decal with a ROW THE BOAT thought bubble on the helmet is the thing dreams are made of. :emoji_heart_eyes:

Matt Campbell better hope he didn’t miss his boat and hang around too long, too.

It’s probably Franklin (best available) or Fickell (relationships always matter) at this point and I can’t see how you’re upset with either outcome. I just don’t see Bienemy as a realistic option despite the rumors. He’s going to get an NFL gig.

nako xl nako xl do y’all really want Peterson though? He’s always been meh to me. And also quit on Washington because of stress. How would he handle the stress of USC?

nako xl nako xl do y’all really want Peterson though? He’s always been meh to me. And also quit on Washington because of stress. How would he handle the stress of USC?
Petersen doesn’t make much sense to me at this stage. He didn’t like the recruiting and pressure at a place like UW. UW is nothing compared to SC in terms of that.

Lol the LA times with a Donte Williams hit job

I'm struggling to follow the point the writer felt was so profound to make about Jaxson Dart's injury. He's blaming Donte for not pulling Dart after he took the hit to his knee in the first quarterlast week (before he threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs) and then is saying Donte blundered by not announcing to the media that Dart was hurt and would be out... Because by not disclosing it, the media then kept asking Slovis about it distracting him and that led to this loss...? :lol:

Don't you dare abandon ship. Come be miserable with the rest of us :lol:

What the hell happened here?

Dudes an entitled senior that hasn’t played much. Tried to run on the field during the game and got waved off by another player. Threw his gloves in the stand and apparently quit. He tried to come back after he cooled down and Day told him nope

Lol the LA times with a Donte Williams hit job

I'm struggling to follow the point the writer felt was so profound to make about Jaxson Dart's injury. He's blaming Donte for not pulling Dart after he took the hit to his knee in the first quarterlast week (before he threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs) and then is saying Donte blundered by not announcing to the media that Dart was hurt and would be out... Because by not disclosing it, the media then kept asking Slovis about it distracting him and that led to this loss...? :lol:

Don't you dare abandon ship. Come be miserable with the rest of us :lol:

Oh believe me I was miserable last night watching that trash performance by SC but happy for my Hogs!

If Franklin is offered the job at SC, he takes it.

He’s from PA but isn’t really a “PSU guy”, and they’ve never really embraced him as a fanbase.

If he leaves tho, it’s going to be interesting to see if they are brazen enough to hire Schiano given his connection to the Sandusky case.

He’s from PA but isn’t really a “PSU guy”, and they’ve never really embraced him as a fanbase.

If he leaves tho, it’s going to be interesting to see if they are brazen enough to hire Schiano given his connection to the Sandusky case.
Bill O’Brien back in action

There are a lot of people who think Schiano may be content just getting biannual pay raises from Rutgers and getting them into the top 25 like he had them in the 2000s now that their admin has acquiesced to his demands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom