OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to see what SMU does.

It’s probably too early, but gambling on a guy like Rashaad Samples would have appeal to me. Deion would, too.

Now I just got word Napier making a few calls to some current SEC position coaches to come to Gainesville. Idk if he has a previous relationship with Stepp from USCe.

It's hard to feel anything but impending doom.

Nah I think it’s going to be a close game. People are reading too much into the MSU game. While it was impressive gotta keep in mind MSU matched up horridly with OSUs offense. They had quite a few people out, and frankly I think they were a bit overrated. Michigan has a way better defensive line and overall defense. They’re also not one dimensional on offense like MSU. McNamara seems to be doing well the last few weeks. I think if OSU plays a good game offensively they could win by 10-14 late. If they play like they did against Nebraska and PSU then it’s a toss up and Harbaugh will break through eventually

Yuck.

I’d rather pinch my nose, close my eyes and take a bite out of a raw ghost pepper.

Lashlee sucks.
Running game has little diversity and he’s been pretty meh in big game spots but the Miami offense has been damn near Top 25 with a first year QB.

Aranda hated Baton Rouge and the type of kids they had there. I’d be surprised but I guess money talks.

Aranda hated Baton Rouge and the type of kids they had there. I’d be surprised but I guess money talks.

Was the problem the type of kids Ed had recruited or Louisiana kids in general?

On the surface those kids and their parents would seem a lot less high maintenance compared to west coast kids.

Aranda wanted to run a tite front/more 3-4 defense. Ed O kept meddling with his schemes and basically tried to force a 4-3. As such Ed O recruited his guys that fit his ideal more. “NFL Five Stahhh millionaires!”

In regard to the kids not having any damn sense, Ed O recruited the hell out of rankings and didn’t really do the whole “character fit” thing because he didn’t care about that as much. They were knuckleheads but they respected O. Problem was he was running a pretty loose ship. Aranda wouldn’t have that same problem. He just may not want to live in BR, especially not as a Yankee. Not that Waco is that different.

Nah I think it’s going to be a close game. People are reading too much into the MSU game. While it was impressive gotta keep in mind MSU matched up horridly with OSUs offense. They had quite a few people out, and frankly I think they were a bit overrated. Michigan has a way better defensive line and overall defense. They’re also not one dimensional on offense like MSU. McNamara seems to be doing well the last few weeks. I think if OSU plays a good game offensively they could win by 10-14 late. If they play like they did against Nebraska and PSU then it’s a toss up and Harbaugh will break through eventually
This is more words than this game deserves.

nako xl nako xl was Olave recruited by any bigger schools on the west coast? I always forget he was a 3*
USC. He was leaning our way then we canceled his official because Amon Ra and Devon Williams committed and we didn’t have room.

UCLA and Utah liked him but I can’t remember how high he was on them.

If I remember correctly tO$U, USC, and some other schools liked him a lot and everyone knew he was a stud (he had OD video game numbers in HS) but no one knew he would be this in college. Other cali kids around that time like Javon McKinley had gaudy stats then went to schools like ND and did nothing. Still some USC fans lament Olave going to Ohio because during the period we thought he was going to be in our class, so many highlights and reports were posted about him we were sold.

Conceptually, it compares the performance of a team in a HC's tenure w/ the that of the team in the years prior to the HC's hire. Using advanced metrics, with the goal being to be fair to both coaches taking over strong programs (to avoid the "nowhere to go but down" dynamic) and coaches taking over bad programs. It knows that reasonable expectations are drastically different, both across teams in any given moment, and within the same program over different eras.

Are there potential underlying factors beyond the on-field product (even the metrics on-field)? Absolutely. I think of the SB Nation article "The mess that Jimbo left". But my position is that those issues are very difficult to measure and tend to be formulated in support of an agenda, not neutral analysis.

The formula is scaled from -100% to 100%.

The best #CoachEvaluation HC tenures of all time? (min 5 years)

94% Saban, Alabama (14)
89% Johnson, Miami (5)
87% Sherrill, Pitt (5)
83% Stoops, Oklahoma (18)
82% Devaney, Nebraska (11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom