Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Not surprised that shawn called it a career after the fight especially this was a top rank ppv and not a top rank/pbc ppv.

The fight was ok. You can tell these dudes are REALLY cool and they both didnt really want to hurt each other in the ring.

Kenny porter is a GREAT father. I wasn't feeling him throwing his son under the bus in the post fight interview like hes not a MAN but every father has flaws and that's no big deal considering all hes done for his son. For shawn to have made the money hes made in boxing while being as limited as he is as a fighter says a lot. Not to mention you can tell shawn is a great person out of the ring also.

I've been saying it for 4 years after every crawford fight and I'll say it again. Errol spence cannot beat terence Crawford.

Crawford too slow for Errol
Some of yall underestimate Errol's power and precision

If Porter was up on the cards then its a no brainer Errol will at minimum beat Crawford by a split decision

I think Crawford will have an easier time with Spence. Spence is much more predictable than Porter. Porter doesn't have Spence's power but has a very awkward style. I am speculating though and rather watch the fight than to come up with my guess on how it will turn out

Now that Crawford is a promotional free agent, his fight with Spence has to happen next year or it never will.

We've been saying this since 2019 lol. The fight will never happen regardless of bud being a free agent because errol just doesnt want to fight him. It's been obvious for years.

Crawford too slow for Errol
Some of yall underestimate Errol's power and precision

If Porter was up on the cards then its a no brainer Errol will at minimum beat Crawford by a split decision

I believe it's the opposite. I think spence power is severely overrated. He has that break you down over 12 rounds of volume power while bud has that one punch knockout power.

Only thing that hinders Crawford is his age
He’ll be 35 or 36 by the time they fight if they ever will.

We've been saying this since 2019 lol. The fight will never happen regardless of bud being a free agent because errol just doesnt want to fight him. It's been obvious for years.
It is BS, but it was a hurdle nonetheless. Now that it is gone, what is going to be the excuse?

Kenneth just uses tough love for Shawn. Very proud of Shawn and Kenneth. I'm glad Shawn is getting out of the game with money and all of his faculties.

It is BS, but it was a hurdle nonetheless. Now that it is gone, what is going to be the excuse?

The excuse will be vacating the titles and moving to 154. That bs promotional excuse was always bs and only worked on the people who believe anything. Fury and wilder just fought twice as a top rank/pbc ppv so there goes that.

Here's the thing people forget. It doesnt matter if bud is a free agent or signed with pbc because pbc doesnt FORCE their fighters to fight each other lol. Keith thurman and errol Spence are both with pbc and have been in the same weight class for nearly 10 years and never fought each other. Theres only 2 opponents left for errol and that's ugas and thurman and the Last time they asked him about a Thurman fight he said some **** like "let him stay where hes at". That should tell you enough about how **** works at pbc lol.

The fight wouldve BEEN happened already if it was ever going to happen.

Porter found that overhand right late & tried to spam it :lol: That shotgun he took to the body in the 8th + both knockdowns were right after those wild lunges. Not sure if it was his conditioning or what.

Respect to him tho if this really is it. He fought the best, never ducked

I don't like the delay but wouldn't mind Spence fighting someone else first like Thurman or Ugas because he is coming back from his eye injury and a year layoff.

I like both Bud and Spence so it be tough to root for either one... I still think Bud would win...Bud counterpunch and power is good... I think Errol power is overrated... he couldn't even KO Mikey who's much smaller

I believe it's the opposite. I think spence power is severely overrated. He has that break you down over 12 rounds of volume power while bud has that one punch knockout power.
Errol's a showman so he'd rather drop you with a beautiful flurry of punches
I like both Bud and Spence so it be tough to root for either one... I still think Bud would win...Bud counterpunch and power is good... I think Errol power is overrated... he couldn't even KO Mikey who's much smaller
That fight was in Dallas
Errol was putting on a show for his people
He wasn't worried about knocking him out

The errol spence that fought lamont Peterson is long gone. Dude was declining even before the car accident.

Now he had an eye injury and inactivity on top of the accident, drinking, partying and blowing up in weight between fights.

I don't want to see Terrence Crawford vs Josh Taylor. Plus I don't think Taylor's upcoming fight is a foregone conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom