OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a terrible idea because somebody gotta go 3-9 and who's signing up for that?

Why would teams agree to this?

1. Money. Much more money. If you could create a league with the 15 to 20 best, most popular teams in the country that TV contract would be worth billions and you would only need to split it with those member schools as opposed to some of smaller schools. Why is Ohio State (who generates 1/3 of the Big 10 revenue, only getting 1/14 cut?)

2. This would immediately become the most prestigious league and would suck up all of the money and top players in college football. Sure TAMU might win the national championship but would it mean anything if the best 20 teams in the country are playing in a separate league?

What would TV contracts look like for the other conferences if all of the best teams play in one conference?

Last edited:
Yeah Nebraska would be 0-12 in that league

That's essentially what's going to happen to Arsenal. They're an average EPL team this season, they're going to get destroyed in this new super league but their team will be even more high profile than ever playing in this league and will be making an additional $300m/year

It might be intended to be a bigger sports media brand than just college coverage. He took some people like Marty smith with him but I don’t think he’s really said exactly what it is.

The name “outsider” sounds cheesy and in 2021 evokes certain thoughts for me though.

Yeah, these are sports "outsiders." Not beholden to the The establishment, sports elites or the liberal sports media. They will not give into cancel culture! aepps20 aepps20 would be proud

Worth it? There’s articles I wanna read from time to time just never knew if it justified the price

if you wait around the holidays you can get a subscription for half off the annual sub. That’s the only reason I have one. The only content I get from it I enjoy is from late October to April.

Yup, He’s just raw. If he went to STA or American Heritage and got that level of coaching he’d be spoken of in higher regard. But as a prospect that kids ceiling is HIGH

And I’m not just saying that because he’s currently committed to the good guys. Think he’s going to be a battle to keep once all the sharks start circling. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at a better school

Worth it? There’s articles I wanna read from time to time just never knew if it justified the price
The Athletic is especially good for in depth articles on pro sports.

Never read the OSU stuff, but I get a good amount of notifications for articles because of my other buddy adding them as a team to follow.

Don’t really get a lot of TAMU news/articles on there, but it’s getting better with Sam Khan on board now. That’s the main reason I keep up the 247 membership. Not so much for recruiting news, but for more in depth articles and the time killing the board provides with off-topic threads.

2. This would immediately become the most prestigious league and would suck up all of the money and top players in college football. Sure TAMU might win the national championship but would it mean anything if the best 20 teams in the country are playing in a separate league?
Bet your *** we would add that to the wall outside the stadium too.

75BCC2B0-4BC6-4079-9F18-B3455E036100.jpeg

Look what you did casper90403 casper90403

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom