OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes one wonder how far Houston would have gone if Har_en would have just listened to old man cliff
Makes you wonder how far Houston would have gone if it didn’t take CP3 getting traded to a basketball wasteland to actually change up his diet and take better care of his body.

I disagree with most teams would be contenders. Im starting to think that you don't know what games actually matter or what contenders are either. But ok.

Ky typically had injuries he could play through actually, but because a lot of those seasons didn't matter, he shut it down. 2020 definitely didn't matter. No kd, no James. Just some decent dudes that he knew wouldn't be there beyond a year and no chance at a chip with our without Kai. Ky didn't like Boston, not brad's coaching style and Tatum and brown were too young to be a contender. And Gordon had season ending injury game 1 of the season. Lots of Kyrie's sitting has been his decision, and not necessarily because he couldn't go. I'd say this season was one he cared about the most because he cared about kd and ****. But it was a bad ankle sprain.

😂😂😂

You may not realize this but what you're saying is an indictment on Kyrie Irving.

You're saying that Kyrie is incredibly injury-prone and picks and chooses when he's willing to push through. Essentially you're calling Kyrie a quitter who bails on his team the moment he thinks they're not contenders.

"This Celtics team isn't a contender. I only have Gordon Hayward, Al Horford, Jalen Brown, Marcus Smart and Jayson Tatum an incredibly weak Eastern Conference. Plus I don't like it here so I'm not going to show up for the second half this season"

"This Nets team isn't going to be a contender without Durant and Harden (who was in Houston at the time) so I'm only going to play 20 games this year and not even attempt to come back for the playoffs"

Last edited:
For the record, I don’t think Boogie had the worst intentionally missed FT attempt ever. I’ve seen some other really awful ones including, I’m pretty sure, an air ball.

Wasn’t that…..

It was the fact he didn’t know the rule after a decade in the NBA.

Kawhi is definitely a difficult player to deal with at this point. He’s gotten the benefit of the doubt in the past. Starting to think it’s him/his people now. What is the extent of his injury?!

I'm curious why rondo got no burn. The rotation was hella short tonight. Dudes were probably drained.
Rondo has played pretty poorly in this series when he’s been in, but I was surprised he got a DNP last night.

I was wondering if he had an injury or similar - considering how tight the game was, maybe he could've made an impact for even 5 minutes?

Kawhi is definitely a difficult player to deal with at this point. He’s gotten the benefit of the doubt in the past. Starting to think it’s him/his people now. What is the extent of his injury?!

It's been him since SA. Kawhi's play when he wants to play. Clippers can't really do anything about it though, he's the 2nd most powerful person in the franchise.

He's had a history of quad/knee injuries and after what happened to Durant & Klay in recent memory - I don't think any player should jeopardize their health and longevity.

Have a hard time believing Kawhi just doesn't want to play. Has a legitimate injury.

He also has other chronic health issues that require managing his minutes and games played so he is able to prolong his career.

He's an incredible player when healthy. It's just become a coin flip at this point whether he will be or not when it matters. Even when he won with the Raptors, he was basically on his last legs by the end of the finals.

I think cousins tried to be too perfect on the miss attempt. He tried to hit the front and have it shoot right back to him on a liner. That ball came out hot

Last edited:
😂😂😂

You may not realize this but what you're saying is an indictment on Kyrie Irving.

You're saying that Kyrie is incredibly injury-prone and picks and chooses when he's willing to push through. Essentially you're calling Kyrie a quitter who bails on his team The moment he thinks they're not contenders.

"This team isn't good so I'm not going to show up for the second half this season"

"This Nets team isn't going to be a contender without Durant and Harden (who was in Houston at the time) someone they going to play 20 games this year"

Well injuries only count if the team is good, cmon man don’t you know? :lol:

Wonder what the Clippers are going to do with PG after this season. I think he's played well enough to get them back something of value back but simultaneously has had those signature Pandemic P moments.

All the load management in the world doesn't seem to prevent these knee injuries for Kawhi so they need somebody a little better than George to be the 2nd best guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom