OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
An injury, no. Injur(ies) to everyone, yes

What? Durability of athletes is a factor all of the time. Folks discuss how injury-prone certain players are. Remaining healthy is a part of the game. It is why coaches put players down with a lead to prevent risk of injury.

Injuries aren’t a reason for an asterisk. Every team’s star players are at risk of getting injured. It’s part of it.

1625063156217.png

Pam Middleton, can't unsee.

What? Durability of athletes is a factor all of the time. Folks discuss how injury-prone certain players are. Remaining healthy is a part of the game. It is why coaches put players down with a lead to prevent risk of injury.

Injuries aren’t a reason for an asterisk. Every team’s star players are at risk of getting injured. It’s part of it.

Whens the last time teams have been injured to this extent

The divide between regular season basketball and playoff basketball will be even wider next season.

It's weird because they're used to be big regular season games that fans used as playoff indicators of who was better and who matched up well against other teams. All that will be gone now because stars will be going half speed most of the regular season.

Is it worth it to push for a higher seed or would a team be better off just resting their players an extra 4-5 games? Is that one extra playoff game you get with home court advantage worth the wear and tear? This is a serious question teams are going to have to answer.

It's weird because they're used to be big regular season games that fans used as playoff indicators of who was better and who matched up well against other teams. All that will be gone now because stars will be going half speed most of the regular season.

Is it worth it to push for a higher seed or would a team be better off just resting their players an extra 4-5 games? Is that one extra playoff game you get with home court advantage worth the wear and tear? This is a serious question teams are going to have to answer.
There will still be a few big games where all the players get up and it can be taken as a litmus test, like Christmas. But it was always foolish to try and have takeaways from those matchups anyhow.

Kawhi losing fans if the headlines are “Kawhi available for game 1 of the finals” & they lose. BET.

Man, next year’s season is going to suck :lol:. Y’all thought load management was bad now. We’re about to see it on a whole different level. League should really think about reducing the total number of games but the financial interests are too strong.
Now that arenas are back to full capacity, fans gonna be salty when there favorite player aint playing. League is gonna lose money.

Now that arenas are back to full capacity, fans gonna be salty when there favorite player aint playing. League is gonna lose money.

The greatest of all talk NBA podcast brought this up at the beginning of the season: This past regular season was a great opportunity to load manage and tank because arenas were empty and fans couldn't keep teams accountable. With arenas full next season, fans are going to boo teams resting their stars and tanking. It'll be a bad look to roll out a g League team.

I think teams are going to do it regardless but they'll get more pushback from fans than they got this year.

The greatest of all talk NBA podcast brought this up at the beginning of the season: This past regular season was a great opportunity to load manage and tank because arenas were empty and fans couldn't keep teams accountable. With arenas full next season, fans are going to boo teams resting their stars and tanking. It'll be a bad look to roll out a g League team.

I think teams are going to do it regardless but they'll get more pushback from fans than they got this year.

what do y'all think would be viable solutions to this problem?

what do y'all think would be viable solutions to this problem?

Honestly, I don't know. The NBA has tried fining teams and players for load managing but I don't think this works.

1. Star players and owners are wealthy and will pay fines.

2. We're seeing the results of pushing players to play as many games as possible. The playoffs have been a mess because star players are dropping like flies late in the season.

3. Players can milk injuries for weeks if they really need to.

I think the evidence is clear: If your goal is to win a championship, it's in your team's best interest to prioritize health and rest over everything else (individual honors, seeding, continuity).

Screenshot_20210630-102813_Twitter.jpg

Jesus Christ :sick: :smh:

That asterisk energy from the bubble is so much more befitting this season...

Still of the mind that if you put one you've gotta put one every season but this year's definitely been rough :smh:

I know the title of that is stars to miss games period this offseason, but also the main argument people have with all these injuries is the condensed season etc etc. Yeah for sure, def contributed but we can take out Kyrie and Trae, those ankle sprains could literally happen whenever. And cp3, covid I mean really, and his shoulder thing earlier was also one of those things that could just happen.

Being the champion not only means being the best team on the floor but to be the best on the court entails fielding the healthiest overall lineup that can LAST THE FULL SEASON and deliver wins when it counts most. Extra Shout out to coaching as well.

As far as I'm concerned there ain't EVER been no asterisk assigned to any champion. Because every season players get hurt.

Heck if we wanna talk asterisks then Boston gets one for 08 when they took 6 games to beat a Lakers squad who was missing 2 starters (Ariza, Bynum) and Detroit gets one in 89 cause Isiah and Joe D battled against Tony Campbell and old *** Michael Cooper instead of Magic and Byron in the Finals.

Attrition is part of the game. Take those asterisks and throw them in the trash. This is basketball.

Before last night just thought that the remaining teams weren’t all that

Imo it’s clear with a healthy Leonard and healthy 2/3 nets team were the best teams. They would have been your typical title level teams

You can say whatever you want about the recent title winners but IMO they were all legit *** teams. Including last years Lakers, Leonard raptors etc
I would say the last team standing in any given year is a “legit *** team”

You go down a very ugly road when you start talking about unworthy champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom