OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN has BEEN known as a disgustingly toxic place of employment. This shouldn’t surprise anyone.

Unless they’re broadcasting a game I can’t watch anywhere else, I can’t remember the last time I even had ESPN on as background noise.

Incredibly toxic. Fact that Chris Berman lasted this long is a testament to their toxic culture.

Rachel is the same chick that goes on and on with these feminist views. This is why black women need to stop thinking these white feminist are their friends. The moment a sistah gets a promotion they'll turn on you.
81twlknW03L.jpg

Btw my brothers I would like to apologize. I would've been in here last night watching the game with yall but I was too busy finally ending a 9 MONTH DRYSPELL. This must be what Bron felt like when he won it Cleveland
tumblr_o92wpip45k1qa33wlo6_500.gif

I would like to thank aepps20 aepps20 whose humor kept me going through these darkest of times
nick. nick. for helping me share the separate pain of being a Knicks fan
And antidope antidope for letting me know time is an illusion and 9 months isn't really 9 months

I thought of yall with every stroke, no shotsrangout shotsrangout

Btw my brothers I would like to apologize. I would've been in here last night watching the game with yall but I was too busy finally ending a 9 MONTH DRYSPELL. This must be what Bron felt like when he won it Cleveland

I would like to thank aepps20 aepps20 whose humor kept me going through these darkest of times
And antidope antidope for letting me know time is an illusion and 9 months isn't really 9 months

Glad she was conservative as well. Looks like only farmers is an excellent site.

There was a skit on in living color the kind of epitomizes this Rachel Nichols thing. If somebody can look it up find it please. It was a skit where a white woman would go through the most trivial and easy problems and figured she knew exactly what slavery was like because of it. Great skit

Last edited:
Lebron gotta cut ties with his advisor smh

Problem is the higher you go up the more likely you’re gonna encounter these evil white people

I read the article, listen to the audio clips, but have not listened to the 20 min audio. To spare you guys a long essay explaining my take, a few points, that is still too long...

-I don't think Nichols is an outright racist, I think that Nichols is acting as an ally to racists to she claims to dislike, instead of the black woman she claims to wish success for

-Her implying that Andrews didn't deserve to host over her, and what motivated that decision, was racist though. Not surprising she doesn't think it was racist, because white people, even progressive white people, have a blind spot for such forms of racism. Furthermore, her understanding how her whiteness could have helped her career is lost on her.

-Nichols is self-centered like a ************. So nothing should change if her world for another host to flourish, but she is cool with everyone else being an inconvenience to accommodate her after the **** storm she created. :lol:

-Nichols sounds just like the NIMBYs at the city council meetings I attend that swear they want affordable housing being built to help black and brown folk....just don't build it in my neighborhood because I worked hard to get here so why should I have to "pay the price" for others.

-All ideologies come in different flavors. Progressivism, conservatives, feminism, sexism, racism, etc. Nichols probably thought she practice a way more progressive form of feminism than she actually believes. She might not practice the most ****** form of white-centered feminism people commonly think of, but she is problematic because her way of thinking creates a roadblock for collective action to help black women.

-I understand why ESPN didn't punish Nichols. If Disney lawyers got involved they probably made it clear that if ESPN did do that then they would open themselves up for a massive lawsuit

-ESPN should not have punished the producer the way they did. It is funny to me that in a situation where ESPN is worried about the blowback of if something got out to the public, never stopped and think to themselves "If we only punish a black person in this whole situation, how will that look to the public"

-If I worked at ESPN, especially as a black person, I would hate working with Nichols.

Last edited:

9 months!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom