OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 months is nothing if you’re married like I am.
tenor - 2021-07-04T112202.144.gif

I was too scared to **** during the pandemic but even after I got fully vaxxed it was like I'd lost my mojo :smh:
Had some **** blow up in my face just last week. But the universe has finally corrected itself :pimp:

I’m in the same boat. Been low key since the pandemic.

And I’m sorry. No one should conflate Stephan A and Jalen Rose. Rose spoke up for Maria. Maria trying to get Stephan A money. And we all know the vibes Stephan A can give off sometimes (you can take it into misogyny or into his less than modern views of racism).

Prime example of how someone is perceived to be a “woke” white person on tv. But them white/white conversations tell a different story. She activated that “Karen” with the quickness

I mean there’s a lot that is revealed by the Nichols tape. Her subversive racist views.

The competitiveness of on-air TV personalities. And how poorly ESPN is ran. It’s clearly a toxic work environment.

I don’t believe any of the “woke” nonsense. Especially from someone in the media. There are different agendas here.

Regardless of skin color, people’s views majority of the time will be based on their own experiences and w.e benefits them.

Rachel is the same chick that goes on and on with these feminist views. This is why black women need to stop thinking these white feminist are their friends. The moment a sistah gets a promotion they'll turn on you.
So much facts
She was cooked after she went on Breakfast Club talking about she had hot sauce in her bag.

#panderbetter

This. We can't forget about her Naynaying all over the ******* place. These dudes trying to do.damage control for Hillary in the NBA thread in the year 2021 like she running to be the next moderator. Nasty.

The affirmative action portion is damning.

But that part with her laughing after the BLM and Me too exhaustion by a white man. Rich Paul and Lebron going to distance themselves.

How do we know lebron and Rich Paul don’t share a similar stance on it as well behind closed doors? It’s just speculation from me, but both are sitting back pretty comfortable.

In a perfect world BSPN would probably prefer Nichols to just do The Jump and MT to remain as the Countdown host.

In reality, what will likely happen is that both of them will be OUT to prevent lawsuits of favoritism/racism. This thing is a nuclear story right now and DIsney surely wants to avoid any missteps that can make it worse.

MT is younger and more versatile. Also, as Jalen pointed out, she has a Heisman vote AND an NBA MVP vote. Those are legit credentials right there. How many others can make that claim? I'm willing to bet she is who they rather keep....

But we shall see.

I read the article, listen to the audio clips, but have not listened to the 20 min audio. To spare you guys a long essay explaining my take, a few points, that is still too long...

-I don't think Nichols is an outright racist, I think that Nichols is acting as an ally to racists to she claims to dislike, instead of the black woman she claims to wish success for

-Her implying that Andrews didn't deserve to host over her, and what motivated that decision, was racist though. Not surprising she doesn't think it was racist, because white people, even progressive white people, have a blind spot for such forms of racism. Furthermore, her understanding how her whiteness could have helped her career is lost on her.

-Nichols is self-centered like a mother****er. So nothing should change if her world for another host to flourish, but she is cool with everyone else being an inconvenience to accommodate her after the **** storm she created. :lol:

-Nichols sounds just like the NIMBYs at the city council meetings I attend that swear they want affordable housing being built to help black and brown folk....just don't build it in my neighborhood because I worked hard to get here so why should I have to "pay the price" for others.

-All ideologies come in different flavors. Progressivism, conservatives, feminism, sexism, racism, etc. Nichols probably thought she practice a way more progressive form of feminism than she actually believes. She might not practice the most ****ty form of white-centered feminism people commonly think of, but she is problematic because her way of thinking creates a roadblock for collective action to help black women.

-I understand why ESPN didn't punish Nichols. If Disney lawyers got involved they probably made it clear that if ESPN did do that then they would open themselves up for a massive lawsuit

-ESPN should not have punished the producer the way they did. It is funny to me that in a situation where ESPN is worried about the blowback of if something got out to the public, never stopped and think to themselves "If we only punish a black person in this whole situation, how will that look to the public"

-If I worked at ESPN, especially as a black person, I would hate working with Nichols.

But Rusty, don't you think that we need to start calling these people what they are which is racist? I think Rachel is a full blown racist. Her default position was to basically imply that a less qualified "diversity" hire shouldn't get something over her. This is the type of racism that is so dangerous.

^^^Then they really are a ish company. Rachel was wrong for her AA line but right about how the company pitted them against each other.

Like I said…she is clearly wrong for her AA comments when Maria got skills. And you obviously get more uses out of her.

But…that one portion where she laughs and Lebron’s “buddy” Mehndelson (sp) says he’s tired of me too and BLM.
How do we know lebron and Rich Paul don’t share a similar stance on it as well behind closed doors? It’s just speculation from me, but both are sitting back pretty comfortable.
Lebron in an uncomfortable position like Dame right now.

But Rusty, don't you think that we need to start calling these people what they are which is racist? I think Rachel is a full blown racist. Her default position was to basically imply that a less qualified "diversity" hire shouldn't get something over her. This is the type of racism that is so dangerous.
Full blown? Nah. Entertaining and a victim of a lot of the racist ideas White culture has perpetuated since “colonizing” this country? Yes. Some of her friends are black. She covers a mostly black dominated sport. Yadda, yadda.
Can we say privilege together? Everybody on three. One, two, three, privilege!
Is it? She has a contract? If I were her, I’d lawyer up if they came at me for it.

The primary wrong doer is ESPN who hosted the Rachel Nichols tape in the cloud.

I expect this type of racism from a certain demographic. I don’t expect a professional organization that has to cover sports, which is a diverse entertainment segment to tolerate it.

Maybe ESPN wanted to get rid of Rachel for a while now and this is their way to get her out the paint. There’s no reason for this to leak the way it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom