OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is aside from all the Rachel Nichols stuff. Is it true that Maria Taylor was asking for Stephen A. Smith type of money? I'm all for that sister gettin a bag but lets not get carried away lol.

I think she's a full blown racist. What people say in private reveals who they are. Just because she ain't at a Klan rally and covers a Black sport means nothing to me. Plenty of racists follow and support Black players and teams but that doesn't mea they aren't racist. That's their way of saying I have Black friends.

I'm out in country with terrible internet so I haven't listened to the audio so this is all second but

From what I understand.

Rachel Nichols thinks she was passed over for the NBA halftime hosting gig in favour of Malika Andrews because ESPN wants more divirsity?

And this is frustrating I guess to Rachel Nichols career ambitions?

And this is controversy because why?
Because we have a secret tape?

Did she make some like specifically disparaging comment about Malika Andrews?

don't you think every single industry is filled with people complaining about promotions people got and ones they didn't get.

Not a good look for Rachel Nichols, but I don't think it be a good look if we had recordings of people complaining about their job and the company they work for.

I mean let me know if she made some specifically racialized comment. Then yah, f Rachel Nichols.

But I hope to god no one ever records me venting about my job / industry. :lol:

I'm out in country with terrible internet so I haven't listened to the audio so this is all second but

From what I understand.

Rachel Nichols thinks she was passed over for the NBA halftime hosting gig in favour of Malika Andrews because ESPN wants more divirsity?

don't you think every single industry is filled with people complaining about promotions people got and ones they didn't get.

Not a good look for Rachel Nichols, but I don't think it be a good look if we had recordings of people complaining about their job and the company they work for.
After the racial unrest last year, ESPN put Maria Taylor as the sole host of NBA Countdown (previously it was both). Rachel was relegated to sideline reporter.

She sought advice from Mr Mendehlohn (sp). Where she shared her frustration with her reduced position. Most of her issues were directed toward ESPN; however, she made the off hand racist comment that Maria only got the position due to the fact she was black. Not on her ability, which we know isn’t the case. Maria is a great on air personality.

Additionally, Mendehlson (sp) makes a comment that’s he’s tired of Me Too and BLM. Rachel laughs.

All of this was uploaded to ESPN servers unbeknownst to Rachel who was recording it.

Folks found the video and shared in the company. Maria was obviously upset about it. She was already negotiating a new contract (where she is rumored to have asked for SAS money). Now, there’s the possibility of her departing Disney. ESPN didn’t do anything except suspend the BLACK female employee who shared the video with Maria. All of Maria’s NBA Countdown cohosts have stuck up for her.

The situation highlights that there isn’t anyone more hated than the black woman (in my Coach Hubie voice).

ESPN has a toxic work environment and has a long way to go in the department of diversity and developing a very tolerant culture.

Rachel definitely has undercover racist tendencies.

Lebron is in a compromised position because of his and Rich Paul’s relationship to Mendehlson (sp).

Last edited:

From what I understand.

I'm keep it a stack with you, if you didn't hear the audio or read the article, how can you have an opinion?

Because your take is wrong.

From what I understand.

Always can count on osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh to give the “contrarian/ that’s not what they meant” take :lol: :smh:

This tone-deaf segment is all we needed to know about Nichols. And then the fact that ESPN thought it was a great idea to upload it to YouTube themselves. Trying to tear down Rose after an amazing on-court performance, on her “basketball” talk show, 2+ years after a jury found him not liable for the civil case she found necessary to bring up for some reason.

This tone-deaf segment is all we needed to know about Nichols. And then the fact that ESPN thought it was a great idea to upload it to YouTube themselves. Trying to tear down Rose after an amazing on-court performance, on her “basketball” talk show, 2+ years after a jury found him not liable for the civil case she found necessary to bring up for some reason.

I hated that whole conversation.

Folks were being called rape apologists for praising ROse's 50 point game.

Michele Beadle?!?!

She’s forever done out here. Acting like a spoiled little baby when Kawhi didn’t want to play for her favorite team anymore.
That's just being a sports fan bro. She didn't go to far with it. Didn't cross the line. Skip did the same thing. No harm no foul.

From what I understand.

I understand why Rusty be typing book reports at you on the regular now. Anyhow, basically what she said was
tenor (16).gif

If you think Michelle Beadle is worth listening to then you got awful standards

Half of them broads are morons and hard to listen to (same with the dudes), but there’s a select few I’ll take seriously when they do a segment/interview

If you think Michelle Beadle is worth listening to then you got awful standards

Half of them broads are morons and hard to listen to (same with the dudes), but there’s a select few I’ll take seriously when they do a segment/interview
There's very few I like. I don't even like Doris. Just figuring, I know what to expect from beadle. And she had decent chemistry with Jalen and the panel. Her best parts were roasting Paul Pierce tbh.

I mean let me know if she made some specifically racialized comment. Then yah, f Rachel Nichols.

But I hope to god no one ever records me venting about my job / industry. :lol:
I would make a joke about your content in the political thread in November 2020-December 2020, but I'll be a bigger person than that...
giphy.gif

-Plus I am pacing myself in case Adams loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom