OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're Portland and decide to trade Dame, do you go full rebuild (draft picks, clearing all salaries, young players on cheap contracts) or do you try to stay mediocre by getting a starting caliber/borderline all star player (Simmons, Jaylen, Ingram, etc) back?

I think OKC is in a weird position with SGA. He keeps them competitive enough to not suck that much to get consecutive top 5 picks. It's why all these SGA rumors are popping up of them using him to move up or get more picks.

Ben Simmons is a HELL of a basketball player. He does everything well, besides shooting the ball 😂

We're killing him because of what happened in the playoffs, but there are 29 teams in the NBA who would be more than happy to have a 6'10 guy who can dribble, pass, rebound, defend and run down the floor. I get it, his contract is what hurts his case. But that's not his fault. He was an AS up until a month ago.

You put Ben Simmons on a team like the Warriors or any other team that likes to runs in transition, and he instantly becomes an AS again and averages 15ppg.

Last edited:
^^^ I think OKC should hang on to SGA longer. He’s still really young and they have so many draft picks over the next few years. If they hit on a few of them, they may be in a position to really compete in a few years.

The overreactions here are insane with Simmons man. Dude isn't the superstar he was touted to be, never a franchise cornerstone if you want to win a championship but he's still capable of being an AS :lol:

NT would love to have you think that the game is based on style points, but its based on results & Ben does as much to help his team win as the 20-25 ppg scorers with all the "wiggle" & pretty step backs who are habitual 30-40 win guys.
cmon man, simmons i a bust
throw him in da dark milicic pile its over for him

Nah just basketball points.

I'm sorry i wasn't aware of that a three time All Star who's also a DPOY candidate wasn't good at basketball :lol:

There are plenty of players who are the polar opposite of ben who are great at scoring the ball, mediocre at everything else & their teams are constantly losing... but those players are praised or it's never their fault.

those players are no more conducive to winning than Ben Simmons but narratives

so Ben Simmons is a perennial all-star but he has to be on a very specific team with very specific kinds of players around him?

Yeah, similar to Draymond Green.

Subjectively, he does EVERYTHING well, besides shooting the ball.

He can rebound, he can pass, dribble through traffic, change/control pace, defend at an elite level, and is a strong finisher. How does this not sound like an all-star to you?

He can rebound, he can pass, dribble through traffic, change/control pace, defend at an elite level, and is a strong finisher. How does this not sound like an all-star to you?

You compared him to Draymond Green.

Would you trade picks/players for him and then build your 15 man roster to perfectly cater to Draymond Green?

All that for 14 ppg. I’m good. If he puts up the same output he’s not an all star. Draymond was making on 60+ win teams as a 4th option. The sixers are asking him to be a #2.

It goes beyond him not being able to shoot well. He’s totally unwilling to shoot at times, which makes his team much easier to defend when he’s on the floor and, consequently, offsets the other things he does well.

The issue is magnified in the playoffs, which is where, for me, players really prove whether they’re all-stars or not.

You compared him to Draymond Green.

Would you trade picks/players for him and then build your 15 man roster to perfectly cater to Draymond Green?

Of course not, but he's the type of player that would excel in specific situations. What's wrong with that?

If your output leads to championships in said situation, isn't it worth it? I'd say it would be.

It goes beyond him not being able to shoot well. He’s totally unwilling to shoot at times, which makes his team much easier to defend when he’s on the floor and, consequently, offsets the other things he does well.

The issue is magnified in the playoffs, which is where, for me, players really prove whether they’re all-stars or not.

I can agree with you there. You have a point.

But to say he's not an All-Star because he cannot shoot isn't accurate. The man does EVERYTHING else on an elite level.

I'd take a chance on Simmons. Get him on the low and put him in the gym to learn how to shoot. He's only ~24

gfdv0dnaibwb0ldohj7f.jpg

Where is this dude now?

I think comparing him to Draymond is fine. Both do help your team. HOWEVER, we also just saw what happened when that Draymond type was asked to be more than a 4th option. Draymond himself didn't even make the playoffs, and the Sixers can't get out of the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom