OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly Ben would have to to really go crazy for him to become an all star . Even if he stats improve but he still does not shoot jumpers dude will be slandered

I think comparing him to Draymond is fine. Both do help your team. HOWEVER, we also just saw what happened when that Draymond type was asked to be more than a 4th option. Draymond himself didn't even make the playoffs, and the Sixers can't get out of the 2nd round.

No one is saying Dray and Simmons are #1-2 option caliber players.

They belong to a very niche category.

here are plenty of players who are the polar opposite of ben who are great at scoring the ball, mediocre at everything else & their teams are constantly losing... but those players are praised or it's never their fault.
Yeah but those other dudes you mentioned aren’t playing with Joel Embiid and Tobias Harris.

Big Wiggle Thread Pre-Finals today
1625759633303.gif

No one is asking you to take all the shots in crunch time. Just dont be a mental ******.

Refusing to shoot is malpractice.

And that's cool. Neither does more to help their current teams than a 25 PPG scorer with wiggle would though. Which I believe is what the argument was.

Didn't know there was an argument. I'm saying Ben Simmons isn't as awful as some people are making him out to be.

If you didn't use any names, I would've thought some of ya'll talking about Travis Knight or something.

No one is asking you to take all the shots in crunch time. Just dont be a mental ******.

Refusing to shoot is malpractice.

Again, I don't disagree with you there. He's lack of ability and unwillingness to shoot was incredibly debilitating to his team.

But to say he's a worthless player would be shortsighted. I'd take a chance on him now. Especially with all the negative sentiment surrounding him. The come-up could be tremendous, because he does everything else so well.

Even if he improved his shooting marginally. It'd still be a huge impact to his team.

Problem with Ben’ is the expectations are way too high since he was a number one pick and he’s just not built like that. Like he’s not a bust what you really have to question a ROY of the year that doesn’t get worse but never improves his game.

To me that indicates he’s capable but he’s not like doing something right. It’s not like the league is catching up to him every year. He just has to do better.

Problem with Ben’ is the expectations are way too high since he was a number one pick and he’s just not built like that.
He had a great rookie year . Then didnt improve . He lived up to the expectations out of the gate but didnt put the work in

He had a great rookie year . Then didnt improve . He lived up to the expectations out of the gate but didnt put the work in
Yep and that’s what I said in my following post. Him not improving is lowkey inexecusable

Yeah, similar to Draymond Green.

Subjectively, he does EVERYTHING well, besides shooting the ball.

He can rebound, he can pass, dribble through traffic, change/control pace, defend at an elite level, and is a strong finisher. How does this not sound like an all-star to you?

We saw what Draymond was without Wardell next to him. Ben has the luxury of having a top 2 C in the game and a borderline all star in Tobias to cover for all his shortcomings. He shouldn't have made the AS team this year and likely won't be going forward. Especially if he's traded out west.

Didn't know there was an argument. I'm saying Ben Simmons isn't as awful as some people are making him out to be.

If you didn't use any names, I would've thought some of ya'll talking about Travis Knight or something.

He's a 4th option-esque player who makes 1st option money and is a liability in the playoffs. That's pretty awful to have on your roster when it counts and you're trying to win a championship.

He's a 4th option-esque player who makes 1st option money and is a liability in the playoffs. That's pretty awful to have on your roster when it counts and you're trying to win a championship.

Best Ben Simmons description I have ever read.

You can't blame him for his contract. If someone is offering you a bag, you're gonna take it as well.

He's never asked to be a #1-2 option either. The point I'm trying to make is he's still very capable of having a significant impact in the NBA.

You can't blame him for his contract. If someone is offering you a bag, you're gonna take it as well.

He's never asked to be a #1-2 option either. The point I'm trying to make is he's still very capable of having a significant impact in the NBA.

What do you mean he was never asked to be a #1 or #2 option? That's ALL he's been asked to be and refuses to improve his game at all. That's why freaking Seth Curry was the Sixers 2nd best player in the playoffs cause Boomerang Rondo got the yips.

If he would actually try to shoot or at the very least be aggressive, the Sixers would be infinitely more potent. He's single handedly holding them back.

Is anyone suggesting that he can’t? He’s not a player than you can play in winning time right now, confidently. When you’re being paid that much then that cripples roster building when I have to sit my $30mm a year guy during these minutes, and presumably have to find a cheaper option to replace him during that time. It’s tough to build around.

it aint even me

yall just cant get enough of Benjamin Simmons

i think low key yall enjoy talking about him more than i do aanymore

yall repeat the same BS over and over for pages

What do you mean he was never asked to be a #1 or #2 option? That's ALL he's been asked to be and refuses to improve his game at all. That's why freaking Seth Curry was the Sixers 2nd best player in the playoffs cause Boomerang Rondo got the yips.

If he would actually try to shoot or at the very least be aggressive, the Sixers would be infinitely more potent. He's single handedly holding them back.

I said he never asked to be a 1-2 option. When has Ben Simmons openly said he should be a #1-2 option? I never recall him saying this. That's what the Sixers wanted for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom