OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to be why fans hate Russ? Is it because he plays with passion and they don't like other players showing emotion? I don't get it. Same thing is happening with Trae to certain degree.

Disgraceful behavior.
If you’re talking about the arguments with fans I think it’s more that he’s willing to engage with them than most players so it’s more likely to bubble up into a fight.

If you are talking about just disliking him as a fan, personally I used to like him a lot but found all the phony mean mugging and “passion” act while playing no defense, being a huge choker and generally making bad decisions and not improving all the time to be OD.

I remember that specific 3OT game against Philly where Russ got a ton of plaudits for his tough guy act and trash talk, but he literally played so badly and unclutch that the only reason OKC didn’t win in regulation or each of the overtimes was him.

^^^ I’m sure some of the people will try to blame the “pent up frustration” from the pandemic/lock down for their *** hole behavior :smh:

Off topic but 50 lady friend tho :emoji_fire:

All natural too. :pimp:
Cuban-Link-Legs-Day-Selfie.jpg

Cuban-Link-19.jpg

Cuban-Link-41.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah it's weird.

"Hating" teams and/or players is a part of being a sports fan but it's gotten to a real bizarre personal level. Just look at how the NBA threads goes off the rails if Steve or Lebby lose or have a bad game.

A part of that is the hot take era that has become popularized by the First Takes and Undisputeds of the world. That coupled with social media where it's easier to be anonymous which makes people more embolden has created a toxic and nastee environment.
The people who try and say their legacy is tarnished when Steph or Lebron has a bad game in 2020 :lol:

I miss rooting for a good team. We were wylin in 2012 too. a-friend a-friend BennyIll22 BennyIll22 I remember people had blocked traffic under the bridge and were standing on top of cars, chanting all types of **** "we want la-kers!" i dont remember what else, all the fans pulling up with lawn chairs and byob to watch the game at the arena on the outdoor screen until of course some kid came and started shooting and now the screen just shows ads. Now we out here mad when we win a game by accident and trading ****** for being better than we want them to yet

Last edited:
If you’re talking about the arguments with fans I think it’s more that he’s willing to engage with them than most players so it’s more likely to bubble up into a fight.

If you are talking about just disliking him as a fan, personally I used to like him a lot but found all the phony mean mugging and “passion” act while playing no defense, being a huge choker and generally making bad decisions and not improving all the time to be OD.

I remember that specific 3OT game against Philly where Russ got a ton of plaudits for his tough guy act and trash talk, but he literally played so badly and unclutch that the only reason OKC didn’t win in regulation or each of the overtimes was him.

Just seems like he gets an unreasonable amount of disdain. Happens in this thread to a lesser degree (it's mostly jokes). But he seems to catch hell at opposing arenas just for being enthusiastic and passionate.

People take sports too seriously IMO.

Im all for heckling/talking trash to throw playera off their game but personal attacks and especially physical attacks? Wildin. Charge those clowns.

Spitting on someone is one of the most disgusting things. Real animal behavior.

clipper tickets didnt even get above $60

Basically indisputable that we have the weakest “home court advantage” in the NBA, certainly among the current playoff teams.

I know the Nets had issues selling all the tickets to their 1st round games, but the Barclays’ crowd is still livelier that Clippers Staples crowds.

It was better back in the 1990s when the Larry Brown coached teams got in the playoffs a couple times and even in 2006 with the Elton Brand/Sam Cassell squad.

I really need a big game from John Collins Friday he’s gotta bounce back after last night

Just seems like he gets an unreasonable amount of disdain. Happens in this thread to a lesser degree (it's mostly jokes). But he seems to catch hell at opposing arenas just for being enthusiastic and passionate.

People take sports too seriously IMO.

It’s partially a feedback loop because Russell Westbrook is one of if not the most sensitive players with heckling fans and media in general.

The people who try and say their legacy is tarnished when Steph or Lebron has a bad game in 2020 :lol:

Yeah both of them are teflon as far as their legacies are concerned.

To quote Steve both may have more to accomplish, nothing left to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom