OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjlol.png

lol I’m not sure if you’re trying to argue with me but we’re saying the same thing-both the Bucks and Warriors were/are NOT dysfunctional orgs when they built the teams they did and won.

Cleveland, on the other hand, absolutely was. They arguably drafted the worst #1 pick of all time literally the year before LeBron came back lmao

Clev wasn’t dysfunctional. They smartened up the minute ole Bron bron resigned and made shrewed and smart moves.

The second go around was better. Cleveland drafting Kyrie…flipping Wiggins for Love (because NO high minute rookies help win chips like that) and keeping Tristan instead of Waiters while trading for 3&D guys (Shump & RJ) and a stretch 4 in Frye and getting a 2 year removed 6MOTY in JR was brilliant.

They set themselves up for success. And that’s what good orgs do.

Clev wasn’t dysfunctional. They smartened up the minute ole Bron bron resigned and made shrewed and smart moves.

The second go around was better. Cleveland drafting Kyrie…flipping Wiggins for Love (because NO high minute rookies help win chips like that) and keeping Tristan instead of Waiters while trading for 3&D guys (Shump & RJ) and a stretch 4 in Frye and getting a 2 year removed 6MOTY in JR was brilliant.

What was Cleveland doing while Bron was in Miami?

Warriors drafted 3 HOFers and got great role players, deepest roster in the league that year but they were dysfunctional? :lol:

Drafting and developing 3 HOF level players is one of the hardest things to do. The chances of that are lower than like 1% :lol:

And I’m waiting for when y’all say Khris Middleton is a hall of famer. He’s even ahead of Klay and Draymond in 2015. Shoot, Klay made his first ASG in 2015. Draymond wasn’t even an all star then.

But y’all will look in hindsight, look at all stars…and make it look easy. I see this happening with Milwaukee and Toronto in some years.

Yet this joke applies to them too, doesn’t it? Hell, Dame even called out players who “keep running from the grind” and now he’s the one apparently requesting a trade lol

Dame has the same exact pieces around him that Giannis does.

That part is hilarious to me.

Lol they absolutely were dysfunctional, remember this?

7A77B554-C1F7-40D3-B84C-4DB2C8D77B68.jpeg

It’s clear LeBron wasn’t going to sign unless they made some changes under Griff, which, as you mentioned, they absolutely did. But wasting a #1 pick on Wiggins and especially using the previous #1 pick on Bennett was absolutely the mark of a dysfunctional org. LeBron has been gone for 3 years now and they look as dysfunctional as ever lol

I just want to take a second to admire the Bucks defense again. It was absolutely beautiful. If they didn't play like trash in the second quarter, game would've been a wrap early.

Drafting and developing 3 HOF level players is one of the hardest things to do. The chances of that are lower than like 1% :lol:

And the warriors did it which proves they wasn't dysfunctional. :lol:

Being such a day 1 warriors fan you should remember when they was dysfunctional. They ain't been dysfunctional since the early 2000's. They had a nice team with B Diddy and nem fell off a couple years then drafted GREAT and built a deep roster.

Lol they absolutely were dysfunctional, remember this?

7A77B554-C1F7-40D3-B84C-4DB2C8D77B68.jpeg

It’s clear LeBron wasn’t going to sign unless they made some changes under Griff, which, as you mentioned, they absolutely did. But wasting a #1 pick on Wiggins and especially using the previous #1 pick on Bennett was absolutely the mark of a dysfunctional org. LeBron has been gone for 3 years now and they look as dysfunctional as ever lol

As soon as Bron inked, they made all the right moves. That’s the point. Same as the damn Warriors when they drafted Steph. Nobody saw that coming. Nobody saw Milwaukee coming.

That’s what I’m trying to tell you. You get a generational talent and surround them with pieces coaching and a system that puts them in the best position. And if things break their way, they are looking at a championship chance.

The 2015 Dubs and the 2021 Bucks are the latest two clearest examples of that. They cornerstones they drafted , and the pieces they signed absolutely stuck with it…and built their way to a chip. And this is with coaching changes, management changes etc.

It’s right there man. Thru the distinction, they built and got to it. I’m not trying to take away anything. Just noting the model of team building that gets overlooked. It’s rewarding to see it play out. And there are some other teams right there in that mix, too.

Dame has the same exact pieces around him that Giannis does.

That part is hilarious to me.

Dame has zero actual expectations like everyone else, which is even funnier :lol: he’ll continue to be the perennial underdog cause no one ever really believes Portland will truly contend, which honestly helps his case for wanting to be traded. That loyalty and “I want to be here for the rest of my career” stuff sounds awesome winning were actually winning, especially when you win a title. Otherwise, you’re just buying time to be traded while you’re being referred to in the Barkley/Malone/Kemp sense, the best without a ring.

And the warriors did it which proves they wasn't dysfunctional. :lol:

Being such a day 1 warriors fan you should remember when they was dysfunctional. They ain't been dysfunctional since the early 2000's. They had a nice team with B Diddy and nem fell off a couple years then drafted GREAT and built a deep roster.

That we believe team, was their first series playoff win in like 30 years :lol:. Re-write history and tell me they wasn’t dysfunctional when they drafted Steph.

The parallels are so obviously there. Idk why you knock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom