OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dame has zero actual expectations like everyone else, which is even funnier :lol: he’ll continue to be the perennial underdog cause no one ever really believes Portland will truly contend, which honestly helps his case for wanting to be traded. That loyalty and “I want to be here for the rest of my career” stuff sounds awesome winning were actually winning, especially when you win a title. Otherwise, you’re just buying time to be traded while you’re being referred to in the Barkley/Malone/Kemp sense, the best without a ring.

Dude walked into this….

7E996D7C-3FAE-4362-82E9-820475E43CBA.jpeg

then management gave him this….plus NURK

F395B679-DD75-4EB1-B37D-00ABF0FDDBF6.jpeg

Dudes were saying:

Dame > Giannis/Ad
CJ > Middleton
Powell < Jrue
Covington > PJ
Nurk > Lopez

Then….
Melo > Portis
Whiteside
Kanter
Simons
Derrick Jones

Then they get beat by a backcourt of Campazzo & Austin Rivers off the street…and it’s a trade demand.

But people want to player watch and move cities. not actually get to what the real is.

Its funny

It just now hit me that the Lakers are Minnesota Vikings colors. Give that city their team back and call yourselves the Beachers or something.

The stage is set for Lopez and Portis to shine in Game 6 while PHX will be heavily preoccupied with now having to worry bout Jrue and Khris and Freak in their newfound offensive rhythm.

I smell a Bucks double digit win coning.

Portis 16 big ones, Lopez 10 plus a poster on Ayton, who had a whopping 12 points, half of what he normally did all thru the playoffs.

Who said Bigs don't make any significant impact in the "modern" nba, that they're useless in the paint and that this league all about the guards and the three? LOL

Guess what, both teams each made a whopping 6 threes in the most important game of the season.

All the championship plays involved action inside the paint when one team decided to assert its will over the other.

We bout to start hearing this "the big man is back" lol

The Big Man never went nowhere.

Last edited:
I'm happy for Greek and all, however I still think he slid under Kyrie on purpose, which ultimately led to them staying alive in the playoffs.

That we believe team, was their first series playoff win in like 30 years :lol:. Re-write history and tell me they wasn’t dysfunctional when they drafted Steph.

The parallels are so obviously there. Idk why you knock it.

It's always Steph had to climb these mountains and whatnot :lol:

They drafted Steph, got Klay 2 years later. Steph always had Klay giving him BIG help. Taking on defensive responsibilities in the backcourt. You say Klay ain't make a all-star team til '15 but you leave out Steph ain't make a all-star team til '14. Steph and Klay with help from Dray made the warriors what they were.

You act like Steph was carrying them and he was a top 5 player with no help. By the time Steph became a all-star Klay was right there behind him.

It's always Steph had to climb these mountains and whatnot :lol:

They drafted Steph, got Klay 2 years later. Steph always had Klay giving him BIG help. Taking on defensive responsibilities in the backcourt. You say Klay ain't make a all-star team til '15 but you leave out Steph ain't make a all-star team til '14. Steph and Klay with help from Dray made the warriors what they were.

You act like Steph was carrying them and he was a top 5 player with no help. By the time Steph became a all-star Klay was right there behind him.

That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying a team that homegrown their core stars thru the draft and added pieces plus good coaching. It’s really that simple.

Giannis-Steph
Middleton - Klay

Cornerstones. You’re dragging this convo into the mud, and completely misunderstand and projecting your own thoughts on what you think I’m saying. Stop twisting my words. I’m writing in simple terms. But I’ll leave it alone.

It’s really simple for you to follow but you choose not too. For whatever reason. Idk why

Dame has the same exact pieces around him that Giannis does.

That part is hilarious to me.

I think its arguable. I personally think the Bucks have better pieces.

However, this argument is disingenuous. The Bucks play in the East, while Portland plays in the West and had to constantly play the team that guy you write dissertations about plays for :lol: . It's totally different.

If injuries didn't happen the narrative on Giannis would be totally different, fair or unfair. Wild how quickly things changed in a month.

That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying a team that homegrown their core stars thru the draft and added pieces plus good coaching. It’s really that simple.

Giannis-Steph
Middleton - Klay

Cornerstones. You’re dragging this convo into the mud, and completely misunderstand and projecting your own thoughts on what you think I’m saying. Stop twisting my words. I’m writing in simple terms. But I’ll leave it alone.

It’s really simple for you to follow but you choose not too. For whatever reason. Idk why

I respect you brodie. But kd leaving to gsw after okc wasnt weak? They could/ "should of have beaten them" or at least run it back. Durant leaves anywhere besides to gsw than It's fine with me. But going to gsw was soft imo.

However, this argument is disingenuous. The Bucks play in the East, while Portland plays in the West and had to constantly play the team that guy you write dissertations about plays for :lol: . It's totally different.

The bucks of course got an easier path, being in the East. Giannis himself and them have had some disappointing stinkers. He’s not “running from the grind tho” or talking crazy. Just hooping and getting better.

It is arguable. That is the point. I do think this Bucks team is one of the top 3 teams in the league, with one of the 5 best players in Giannis. Things broke right for them.

Dame is a level below…with a similar roster. It’s why it’ll evade him, and he’ll look for another opportunity…while people blame the team, which is competent enough.

Idk man…getting Swept by the AD-Jrue team in 2018…then getting beat in 6 by my hobbled Nuggets with a terrible backcout is unacceptable.

But we will see. I just want *****s to stop blaming pros and teams and looking for other situations, when they got good situations on their hands. Just gotta be better and strike when the opportunity is there.

A bird in the hand.

The Bucks certainly have better pieces around the superstar they have. They are a good 3 point shooting team despite Giannis not being a part of that and are consistently a top defensive team.

Portland has a bottom 5 defense and complete reliance on Dame/CJ iso hot and cold streaks to win or lose games. They aren't much of a team.

Dame and CJ are a poor fit and they've continued to ignore it for years. That's why they are where there are.

I respect you brodie. But kd leaving to gsw after okc wasnt weak? They could/ "should of have beaten them" or at least run it back. Durant leaves anywhere besides to gsw than It's fine with me. But going to gsw was soft imo.

Im not even talking about that. Lets stick with my convo. What you’re talking about is tired and low brow. First take stuff.

Im talking about different ways a franchise can build a championship contender…that doesn’t involve super splashy and immediate moves, but will pay off…if you paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom