OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats to the Bucks. amazing stuff from Giannis and co. true hoopers. Was pullin for Book and the young suns but they need more experience and real leadership. not crybaby CP3, a bum who will never sniff the finals again. he let them down for 4 straight games and the media tried to say he's responsible for the suns getting this far because of his "leadership". lmao hell nah. his "leadership" stunk up these finals. he is who he we know he is. salute to monty book ad payne bridges johnson, sargic, craig, crowder and james jones. helluva season. those young dudes only gonna get better. Book will be back to the finals. If Suns can finesse for Dame and Nurkic this off season they could be back sooner than later. they gotta make some moves. but if not, we all know how hard it is to win the west when teams are fully healthy. anyway, i'm sad basketball season is over, but i'm happy that it happened. on to tokyo. let's go USA.

They gonna tear Giannis down again eventually. But for the next few months he's bulletproof.

It’ll happen when he gets bounced in the playoffs next year. Bet.

…Which sucks because people can’t respect greatness unless someone wins. IMO, LeBron totally deserved FMVP in 2015 for taking the Warriors to 6. One of the most incredible things I’ve seen someone accomplish on court, given how weak the rest of his team was due to injuries.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
Man, He’s a 20-5-5 50/40/90 guy. He’s as good as a second option as you get…especially drafting at 39.

That’s remarkable what he’s turned himself into. He’s a legit all star caliber player now.

Let’s take a look at the last 10 second option on championship teams, and where they were at their respective points in there careers.

-Khris
-(AD/Bron)*
-Lowry/Siakum
-Steph (maybe)
-2015 Klay
-37 year old Tim Duncan or older Tony Parker (if the Spurs even had a second option)
-Wade
-Jason Terry
-Paul

We look at Khris last two years and post seasons…and he’s more than held his own, and is most definitely right in the midst of being a damn good #2

he's a very good player, amazing what he's done with his career.

but id put him below definitely all those guys other than Terry.

I love Yanni as much as the next man, he has an impressive resume and I consider him to be a Top 1-3 player in the league but some of y’all are catapulting him WAY too high up the all-time lists. It’s disrespectful to the the legends who who were doing it for 10, 15, 20 seasons.

Yes he deserves his flowers right now but give him time before we start saying he’s the GOAT PF and Top 10-15 of all-time.

And to be clear - I’m not saying he can’t get there when he hangs them up but to say that he’s here TODAY is wild to me.
Is anyone saying GOAT PF or 10-15 all time yet? He’s definitely an all-timer at 26. Where he falls now is up to him.

That's a cesspool of goofs. 😆 Thought you were talking about on here since we're... here.

-foe

Nah was discussing general sentiment, which is where this kind of thinking and narratives grow and flourish and SAS/Max/Skip/Shay start screaming them on their respective shows lol

I love Kawhi but when the Raps won in 2019, people were acting like he was the next MJ. Same thing with Bron last year and people saying the Lakers were going to win 3-4 titles in a row lol The hot takes on winners right after the Finals are REALLY bizarre and almost always age like milk.

Is anyone saying GOAT PF or 10-15 all time yet? He’s definitely an all-timer at 26. Where he falls now is up to him.

Yup.He’s on his way. No need to “rank him” now. Just know, he’s already an all time great. And climbing.

I hope this puts to rest the idea that he didn’t deserve his mvps because he got knocked out the 2nd round or ECF or something. Because that is the bs ppl were selling. And what they did with Jokic this year too.

Y’all will laugh, but Denver got a similar trajectory and team building model. We will see if it breaks right for my guys. It’s all there (just need to be bold, fire the damn coach)

The Prince Who Was Promised…
This dude was Jon Snow the whole time
200.gif

HBO_tweets_hilarious_response_to_Giannis_Antetokounmpo_after_Game_of_Thrones_question.jpg

Not top 10 all time, I don't agree with that either, but Bron was definitely being already mentioned as a top 5 SF/best player in the world ever before he ever won a thing. Why after this run shouldn't Giannis be afforded the same thing?

Because it was stupid thinking then and is stupid thinking now lol

MJ, Kareem, Bron, Magic, Bill, Kobe, etc. all earned their spots up there throughout their careers not just when they won their 1st title or league MVPs lol The consistency with winning and performance matters in these kinds of rankings. This is why we literally haven't seen a player win 6x FMVP since MJ did in 1998. Bron has gotten the closest with doing it 4x (among other accomplishments, obviously) but, again, the consistency matters when you're talking "all time" lists. I say all of this while also saying Giannis is easily a Top 3 player in the league rn (with a solid argument that he is #1 because of his dominance on both sides of the court).

yes fringe all star. good not great NBA scorers.
Terry made all star games? Won’t bother looking it up, so I’ll take yo word for it. From memory, midd’s last 3 years were better than any of terry’s? Dont care enough to keep it up, but don’t agree they’re on the same level.

Yes and not even Twitter. Folks in this very thread have said that over the past 12 hours :lol:.
I didn’t see that. Saw N41D N41D say he’s firmly in the convo behind Timmy and I agree with that. Bron wasn’t even a Top 10 guy at 26 with a better career at that point. Giannis may be back in the MVP convo next year off the strength of this title too. That media fatigue is a wrap with this new storyline.

Where's Kwame when you need him :lol: :smh:

Dudes really acting dumb or disingenuous as hell like they don't know what a super team is >D

No one on the planet considered either Middleton or Jrue to be top 50 players a month ago

Man almost never knows what he’s talking about

Exactly how is the Bucks a super team though, they have players who are very good, that they drafted, and the team developed together, under one true superstar, kind of like the 2015 Dubs, were they a super team?

Yup.He’s on his way. No need to “rank him” now. Just know, he’s already an all time great. And climbing.

I hope this puts to rest the idea that he didn’t deserve his mvps because he got knocked out the 2nd round or ECF or something. Because that is the bs ppl were selling. And what they did with Jokic this year too.

Y’all will laugh, but Denver got a similar trajectory and team building model. We will see if it breaks right for my guys. It’s all there (just need to be bold, fire the damn coach)

Lol Nuggets are toast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom