OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even get it

so that was dumb with Kawhi so we should do the dumb thing again with Gannis? :lol:

I'd say Giannis has more of a case not as a top 10 player of all time but knocking on the door if not top 5 PF already. His run the last 5 seasons is almost unprecedented. I know a lot of NT and general media types value peak over longevity so I can see how he'd have somewhat of a case even over Kawhi.

We don't need to exaggerate, Kris Middleton is a good player...but

he's in the Jason Terry below average 2nd best player on a championship team tier.

there's a story caron butler told about how giannis would take the older shoes that the players wore and threw out. some guys just wore it for a handful of gms and tossed them because they had shoe deals and new pairs sent
this was before giannis had any type of shoe deal, so the shoes meant a lot to him since growing up he had to share a pair with his older brother

1. Cp fraud

2. booker fraud

3. suns in 4 guy should be in jail

4.Jenner family cancer

1626882962003.gif

Bucks not a super team. Middleton is a star though, not a superstar, but a star all the same. Jrue a solid player. Combine Pat and PJ and that’s 1 solid player. Wild the bucks were good enough to win when PJ plays all those minutes and provides nothing on one end of the court.

Bucks better be prepared to have a MUCH tougher path next season. With everyone on the Nets healthy and Dame potentially going to the Knicks, the East is going to be tougher next year and, with all the powerhouse franchises healthy, whomever makes it out of the West will make this Suns team look like a joke.

I'd say Giannis has more of a case not as a top 10 player of all time but knocking on the door if not top 5 PF already. His run the last 5 seasons is almost unprecedented. I know a lot of NT and general media types value peak over longevity so I can see how he'd have somewhat of a case even over Kawhi.

yah i guess agree to disagree

I value peak but this is nuts, I gotta see him do it against a team that has a hope of guarding him.

Like do I know that Giannis would stomp the Lakers defense? or like even the sixers?
Im not confident of that yet.

id like to see more.

We don't need to exaggerate Kris Middleton is a good player.

he's in the Jason Terry below average 2nd best player on a championship team tier.
And we never heard the Mavs referred to as a superteam even though they had a decorated squad full of dogs and all stars :lol:

If you honestly think the Bucks are a super team you need to be drug tested, lay off the hard alcohol and all of your opinions about anything in life should be invalidated.

So B Jennings really gonna act like he just won a chip ......

Congrats to Giannis.....one thing about dude is that you can tell he is the epitome of humbleness....remembering your roots and knowing you ain't come from much to be at the top of the world bruh....that's real **** ....son is ALWAYS in tech fleece .......props to that man

yah i guess agree to disagree

I value peak but this is nuts, I gotta see him do it against a team that has a hope of guarding him.

Like do I know that Giannis would stomp the Lakers defense? or like even the sixers?
Im not confident of that yet.

id like to see more.

Would you have had this same nuance/hesitation about Lebron circa 2010 when he left CLE? Cause it's basically the same scenario that Giannis was in except he actually finished the job 1 season. I don't think anybody would have be hesitating to call Bron an all time great after 2010, criticism for not being a champion yet, sure. But his resume at that point and play warranted the discussion, no?

Bucks better be prepared to have a MUCH tougher path next season. With everyone on the Nets healthy and Dame potentially going to the Knicks, the East is going to be tougher next year and, with all the powerhouse franchises healthy, whomever makes it out of the West will make this Suns team look like a joke.
Not sure if serious but I have heard his name linked with like damn near every team in the league followed with the assumption that that team will become an automatic contender :lol:

this is crazy.

How about we give it a year and see if he can do this against tougher match ups?
Why do I need to see him do anything against "tougher match ups"?

To steal from MVP MVP

Giannis in 8 seasons:
MIPOTY
5x All Star
1x ASG MVP
5x All NBA (Three 1st team selections)
4x All NBA Defense (Three 1st team selections)
1x DPOTY
2x League MVP
1x Finals MVP
1x Champ

This is an unquestionable all-time great without adding a single extra game to his resume.

Not sure if serious but I have heard his name linked with like damn near every team in the league followed with the assumption that that team will become an automatic contender :lol:

lol that wasn't my point-the Knicks + Dame aren't winning a title but no doubt they'll be better than they were this year (when they were a #4 seed vs the Bucks who were a #3 seed). Teams won't be irregularly injured/unhealthy due to the pandemic season like they were during these playoffs. Hell, even during these playoffs, an unhealthy Nets still almost beat the Bucks if not for KD's big toe.

Would you have had this same nuance/hesitation about Lebron circa 2010 when he left CLE? Cause it's basically the same scenario that Giannis was in except he actually finished the job 1 season. I don't think anybody would have be hesitating to call Bron an all time great after 2010, criticism for not being a champion yet, sure. But his resume at that point and play warranted the discussion, no?
I agree with your overall sentiment, definitely. I just have one thing to contend. Giannis' path is not comparable to Lebron coming back to Cleveland and winning a championship, because he was in Miami 4 years. He even said after winning the championship in Cleveland that he went to Miami to learn to be a champion.

Lebron's championship in Cleveland 2016 would be comparable to what Giannis just did if Lebron had never left to Miami.

-foe

like great like top 10 player of all time great?

after 2010?, you gotta prove it in the playoffs to cement that.

Lebron had at least more convincing playoff performances than gannis pre 2010. and people def questioned him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom