OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I need to see him do anything against "tougher match ups"?

To steal from MVP MVP

Giannis in 8 seasons:
MIPOTY
5x All Star
1x ASG MVP
5x All NBA (Three 1st team selections)
4x All NBA Defense (Three 1st team selections)
1x DPOTY
2x League MVP
1x Finals MVP
1x Champ

This is an unquestionable all-time great without adding a single extra game to his resume.
All-time great, yes but Top 10-15? We’re talking dudes with double digit ASG appearances, All-NBAs and multiple Finals appearances or rings

Why do I need to see him do anything against "tougher match ups"?

To steal from MVP MVP

Giannis in 8 seasons:
MIPOTY
5x All Star
1x ASG MVP
5x All NBA (Three 1st team selections)
4x All NBA Defense (Three 1st team selections)
1x DPOTY
2x League MVP
1x Finals MVP
1x Champ

This is an unquestionable all-time great without adding a single extra game to his resume.

Giannis can be great and the Bucks not make it back again next year due to how stacked other teams are when healthy. Do people forget that Kobe never won a Finals during his prime? Nobody is taking that away from his other accomplishments lol

I'm calling BS on that being the literal definition of his name :lol:
"This name derives from the African (Yorùbá) name “Adetokunbo”, composed of four elements: “Adé” (crown) plus “tọ” (came) plus “Òkun” (sea) plus “bọ̀” (to put on). In turn the name means “the crown came from over the sea, he will wear the crown of the sea”."

🤷‍♂️

-foe

All-time great, yes but Top 10-15? We’re talking dudes with double digit ASG appearances, All-NBAs and multiple Finals appearances or rings
Top 10-15 all-time is a different thing.

Top 5 power forward of all-time? He's right in the thick of that conversation and you could stand him up against just about anyone outside Duncan in terms of where he's peaked the last two or three years.

213078044_4909556365739515_230199058537667024_n.jpg

comparable?

comparable i guess other than the fact the 73 win warriors are about 10 million times better
than any team the Bucks faced other than a healthy Brooklyn.

Not only that but those Cavs were down 3-1 in the Finals and Steph was coming off of 2x unanimous MVP seasons into those playoffs.. People gonna say CP3 and Book were anywhere near his level now? lol

People really lost their minds during this pandemic if they think these Finals were comparable to 2016 lol

comparable?

comparable i guess other than the fact the 73 win warriors are about 10 million times better
than any team the Bucks faced other than a healthy Brooklyn.
You're switching gears from the gear I was in. You're talking about the opponent; I was clearly talking about the path up to finally raising that trophy in a small market.

Of course those Dubs > these Suns, by a LOT.

-foe

Congrats to the Bucks well deserved champs but i’m not gonna act like they were some juggernaut of a team . They probably are a below average champion team of the last decade if we’re being honest

like great like top 10 player of all time great?

after 2010?, you gotta prove it in the playoffs to cement that.

Lebron had at least more convincing playoff performances than gannis pre 2010. and people def questioned him.

Not top 10 all time, I don't agree with that either, but Bron was definitely being already mentioned as a top 5 SF/best player in the world ever before he ever won a thing. Why after this run shouldn't Giannis be afforded the same thing?

Not top 10 all time, I don't agree with that either, but Bron was definitely being already mentioned as a top 5 SF/best player in the world ever before he ever won a thing. Why after this run shouldn't Giannis be afforded the same thing?

well i can think of one reason

he hasn't been as good as LeBron.

I agree with your overall sentiment, definitely. I just have one thing to contend. Giannis' path is not comparable to Lebron coming back to Cleveland and winning a championship, because he was in Miami 4 years. He even said after winning the championship in Cleveland that he went to Miami to learn to be a champion.

Lebron's championship in Cleveland 2016 would be comparable to what Giannis just did if Lebron had never left to Miami.

-foe

I wasn't talking about him coming back. I'm talking about those 1st 7 seasons before he left for Miami. Bron won b2b MVPs like Giannis, had the crazy statistical seasons, etc. And was already being mentioned as one of the best ever even without the chip which Giannis actually got without having to leave.

Congrats to the Bucks well deserved champs but i’m not gonna act like they were some juggernaut of a team . They probably are a below average champion team of the last decade if we’re being honest
I mean no disrespect but if you look at the champions over the past decade they are going to be in the bottom half.

I wasn't talking about him coming back. I'm talking about those 1st 7 seasons before he left for Miami. Bron won b2b MVPs like Giannis, had the crazy statistical seasons, etc. And was already being mentioned as one of the best ever even without the chip which Giannis actually got without having to leave.
Gotcha. My bad. I misunderstood.

-foe

We don't need to exaggerate, Kris Middleton is a good player...but

he's in the Jason Terry below average 2nd best player on a championship team tier.

Man, He’s a 20-5-5 50/40/90 guy. He’s as good as a second option as you get…especially drafting at 39.

That’s remarkable what he’s turned himself into. He’s a legit all star caliber player now.

Let’s take a look at the last 10 second option on championship teams, and where they were at their respective points in there careers.

-Khris
-(AD/Bron)*
-Lowry/Siakum
-Steph (maybe)
-2015 Klay
-37 year old Tim Duncan or older Tony Parker (if the Spurs even had a second option)
-Wade
-Jason Terry
-Pau

We look at Khris last two years and post seasons…and he’s more than held his own, and is most definitely right in the midst of being a damn good #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom