OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll never know the real details of these alleged trades. It's all rumors. People take tweets and "according to sources" as gospel. Harden, Lowry, Myles Turner, etc

In the grand scheme of things, the Nets really didn't give much for Harden IMO. The draft picks are gone and 5 more can be swapped, but I doubt this core leaves BK.

In the off season just trade ben for kemba and both teams can be better. In Boston Ben can let Tatum and brown shoot all they like and he can play in the middle etc

sixer.jpg

Attack the rim ? lol they just gonna send him to the line I’ve been saying this for months buddy can’t score to save his life
Cats were talking about his mid range 3 buddy has to start With his free throws .
At this point his trade value ain’t much . Wiggins kp and cj hold more value at this point

Aite i'm no Ben Simmons fan but this is a bit extreme.

Hate watching guys like Harris. One role (consistently score) can’t do it when it matters. Getting a max for that. No energy or passion at all.
Idk JCole was BIG TRASH last night but he's been pretty on par with his role

I feel bad more for him than Ben

Talk about no energy or passion. We went from Ben not taking threes to him not even attempting a shot in the paint

They all deserve the slander though. Chokes like that are a team effort

In the off season just trade ben for kemba and both teams can be better. In Boston Ben can let Tatum and brown shoot all they like and he can play in the middle etc

Kemba can’t stay healthy reaching his older years .it’s over for philly to make a title run embid is out of there . Just imagine trading Ben for kemba and then kemba misses another postseason . Philly should have made the move for Kyle Lowry but got hill instead . Veteran like Lowry would have helped huge in the fourth

I’m old enough to remember when people laughed at my defense schmefense takes and now you got sohi 23 sohi 23 joining the darkside

Get down or lay down

BEEN WITH YOU
I was saying it before the series and they laughed at it, calling Harden & Curry special offenses / circumstances and that it wouldn’t happen again.

*CHARIE MURPHY VOICE* WRONG!!!!!

imagine playing drop on a guy that averaged 30 on 60% shooting last series.
God bless

Going to be the 5th straight year they get eliminated with Goober getting played off the floor every time.

Then we have to watch them win 55 games next year and hear about how “this time its different” :lol:

Played off the floor is harsh language. He’s not played off the floor. He’s just ineffective and can’t make the other team pay on the offensive end for going small.

Jazz can not prosper until they get a small ball center in their lineup. Those non-Gobert minutes are even worse than the Gobert minutes.

Two of the most unique offenses in nba history. But y’all cook!

Couldn’t even stop Reggie Jackson and Terrance Mann. Paul George and Kawhi weren’t doing it in the 4th. It was the role players attacking the 3 time DPOY.

For sure. But that’s the playoffs.
You’re about to play Kawhi Leonard. One of the most unique players of all time. Man is shooting Shaq percentages from the mid range. It just is what it is.

What are the Jazz going to do when Gobert is in the paint and Kawhi (and even PG) are raining open jumpers?

Don’t you feel as if there’s a legitimate ceiling to these teams who entire identity is built around drop coverage and funneling drives into Gobert? I mean I guess it worked for the Lakers and AD (at times, but even AD is capable of switching onto everyone which is why he is amazing), but the Cavs, Warriors and Raptors were all switch everything defenses right?

Hard to win with a big like Gobert. Their entire defensive identify is funneling drives into Gobert but it’s not working. Players get matched up against Gobert, drive in, pull him out and then roast him. #NotMyDPOY.

It’s similar to Simmons honestly. I can’t pay you 30 million dollars a season when you can’t make an impact offensively. It doesn’t matter how good your perceived defense is. Gobert can’t even make small ball lineups pay. How many times has he gone to the rim and sealed someone out? How many buckets does he score against Batum and Morris that aren’t rebounds and put backs?

We need to have a serious discussion about defense in the playoffs. Because I do know Draymond and AD would never get done like Gobert did yesterday.

Gobert & Simmons are fine regular season players but that’s where it ends.

I got a chance to watch the Philly game. Black Rick Carlisle was in rare form last night. He’s the true master of panic. Imagine slowly blowing a 25 point llead and your coach makes no adjustments. Then every time you give up a bucket or miss a shot, you look over at him for and he’s looking back like this. Looking like a fan on the verge of tears

A6861487-3A1F-4678-B6F6-760CC2C2F168.png

Gotta make you feel real confident as a player

After reading this, I did a little bit of research and I saw that Shaq missed 160 free throws during the 2000 playoffs including when he missed 21 free throws in a single game.

I remember watching those games as a kid and getting so frustrated because a lot of those games were close and if Shaq had just hit a couple more, they would have been blowouts.

Sixers need go on and trade Ben for Lillard or Beal in the off-season.they goofed big time not trading him for Harden.

Similar to Giannis, the Sixers are playing Ben Simmons out of position. Ben Simmons is a small ball 5 a la Draymond or a PF. They're doing their team and Ben a disservice by allowing him to play point guard.

How are you a point guard but you can't provide perimeter shot creation? How are you a point guard and you can't be relied upon to shoot free throws?

BEEN WITH YOU
I was saying it before the series and they laughed at it, calling Harden & Curry special offenses / circumstances and that it wouldn’t happen again.

*CHARIE MURPHY VOICE* WRONG!!!!!

Played off the floor is harsh language. He’s not played off the floor. He’s just ineffective and can’t make the other team pay on the offensive end for going small.

Jazz can not prosper until they get a small ball center in their lineup. Those non-Gobert minutes are even worse than the Gobert minutes.

Couldn’t even stop Reggie Jackson and Terrance Mann. Paul George and Kawhi weren’t doing it in the 4th. It was the role players attacking the 3 time DPOY.

Hard to win with a big like Gobert. Their entire defensive identify is funneling drives into Gobert but it’s not working. Players get matched up against Gobert, drive in, pull him out and then roast him. #NotMyDPOY.

It’s similar to Simmons honestly. I can’t pay you 30 million dollars a season when you can’t make an impact offensively. It doesn’t matter how good your perceived defense is. Gobert can’t even make small ball lineups pay. How many times has he gone to the rim and sealed someone out? How many buckets does he score against Batum and Morris that aren’t rebounds and put backs?

We need to have a serious discussion about defense in the playoffs. Because I do know Draymond and AD would never get done like Gobert did yesterday.

Gobert & Simmons are fine regular season players but that’s where it ends.

All facts. Meanwhile the hawks erased a 25 point lead with Lou, Trae and Gallo on the court against 3 all league defenders.

Sixers need go on and trade Ben for Lillard or Beal in the off-season.they goofed big time not trading him for Harden.

How many first round picks are they going to attach to Ben Simmons to get Lillard or Beal?

A team of either Ben Simmons/Westbrook or Ben Simmons/McCollum would be depressing to watch.

What exactly would Ben Simmons do while Westbrook is pounding the air out of the ball? He can't shoot and he doesn't move without the ball

Idk JCole was BIG TRASH last night but he's been pretty on par with his role

I feel bad more for him than Ben

Talk about no energy or passion. We went from Ben not taking threes to him not even attempting a shot in the paint

They all deserve the slander though. Chokes like that are a team effort

Yup. Tobias has been fine for the most part. He’s showed up

How many first round picks are they going to attach to Ben Simmons to get Lillard or Beal?

A team of either Ben Simmons/Westbrook or Ben Simmons/McCollum would be depressing to watch.

What exactly would Ben Simmons do while Westbrook is pounding the air out of the ball? He can't shoot and he doesn't move without the ball
All of em

Ben's biggest selling points are that he's a "name" and he's locked up for the next four years.

I don't think he's enough to get Lillard or Beal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom