OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking like an unprepared accountant :lol:

Jimbo, I promise you, the answers ain’t in the play sheet
Team doesn’t do more than a small handful of things well offensively right now. Some lights almost started to flicker on a few more last night.

But what the **** we need all that paper for? :lol: Like - what’s even in there?

It’s a wonder quarterbacks heads always look like they’re spinning and clock management/pre-snap penalties are a consistent problem. :smh: :lol:

I want to respond to this with fresh eyes and “Max Johnson is a 1st rounder” jokes, but you’re already on the precipice of blocking me so…
Never said Max was a R1 guy, but he’s absolutely not all that far behind even right now from where Mond was under Jimbo. And that’s the only point I ever made on him.

My guy… :pimp:

That job’s a dead end but hopefully he can get enough out of it to squeeze out a bigger opportunity eventually.

I'm a SFA alumni, and one of my best friends is an assistant coach there now. We roasted him in the group chat telling him how trash they are for this. :lol: He explained it as they had to schedule this NAIA team cause 2 teams left the conference a week before the season started. when the schedules were set. He said they didn't try to run the score up, but they fumbled 5 times, gave us special teams TD, the defense scored twice, and this team legitimately couldn't stop anything.

Yeah I mean at some point you can’t tell your players to not score. If it’s there you take it. I understand throwing bombs when you’re up huge but things like what you mentioned you can’t help. Last week OSU had their third string RB in and he broke one off for like a 60 yard TD when they were up big. It’s not like he can stop at the 5 lol.

The one thing that seemed odd to me is SFA got to 98 and instead of just kicking the XP they lined up for 2 and then kneeled it, wonder why they didn’t just kick it?

Never said Max was a R1 guy, but he’s absolutely not all that far behind even right now from where Mond was under Jimbo. And that’s the only point I ever made on him.
You’re right. You said “day 2 is his floor.”

8374C6FE-0633-443A-944B-F941E4AA1144.jpeg

C0ABEEB7-0AA5-4797-B9F4-95195CCE8F86.jpeg

In re: Caleb vs. TVD

Caleb got the offense out of several negative plays in that game. Like huge, drive killing, field flipping plays if he doesn't escape. He gets himself into trouble holding the ball for too long, but he also bailed out the offensive line a few times. He had how many broken tackles on sacks last night? Even aepps20 aepps20 joke about him always looking to run out of bounds... sure. After gaining 2-10 yards with his feet after dodging an all out rush.

He was off passing but he kept drives alive and showed up when it was absolutely needed.

In re: Caleb vs. TVD

Caleb got the offense out of several negative plays in that game. Like huge, drive killing, field flipping plays if he doesn't escape. He gets himself into trouble holding the ball for too long, but he also bailed out the offensive line a few times. He had how many broken tackles on sacks last night? Even aepps20 aepps20 joke about him always looking to run out of bounds... sure. After gaining 2-10 yards with his feet after dodging an all out rush.

He was off passing but he kept drives alive and showed up when it was absolutely needed.

And going out of bounds before the sticks time and time again. Not saying kid should take unnecessary hits but he was hunting for the sidelines all night without down and distance awareness.

And going out of bounds before the sticks time and time again. Not saying kid should take unnecessary hits but he was hunting for the sidelines all night without down and distance awareness.
The Oregon State defenders were (legally but suspiciously) diving at his knees/hip all game. They were trying to get a good shot on him to limit mobility. Considering most other QBs can't even do what he's doing I'm fine with him protecting himself. I'm not going to knock him for being a yard short.

You seem to forget what SC's history is the last 3 years with QBs trying to do too much and getting hurt.

As bad as they’ve been I still think they made the right decision getting away from the triple option. Embrace the suck and they’ll eventually get a coach who will get them decent again
This may sound weird, but Clay flipped a historically triple option team in the same state in under 1 year.

Maybe hire Clay Helton... 🫢

Last edited:
Ga Southern hadn’t been running the true triple for a min, it was more analogues to what Coastal runs.

Collins had a tough transition from the true triple, but he’s had more than enough time to turn it around.

They should hire Chadwell.

After yesterday, Sark is 1-7 in his last 8 conference games. Better snag WVU next week.

Can’t get Quinn back fast enough.

Yes, yes, keep ignoring Kansas. KState in the top 25 should be some extra motivation for this ISU test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom