OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
After literally every report all offseason being Card had been out-performing and out-working him.

Woof.

I guess it's probably better long-term, but could be ugly short-term.
He had an SID announce it and didn’t even do it himself, or make himself available to the media after practice?

Pretty obvious who made this decision, and I don’t think it was Sark.

:lol: :lol:

This man ain't even have the nerve to go out and announce it himself or even talk to the media about it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

His hand was forced 1000000%

3B278C19-7A0F-4E6A-AD1D-2EFF6AD524F3.jpeg

Literally haven’t seen anyone around that program even suggest Ewers was ready. This is wild.

After literally every report all offseason being Card had been out-performing and out-working him.

Woof.

I guess it's probably better long-term, but could be ugly short-term.
To keep card from transferring

To keep card from transferring
You think Ketchum and all those guys were reporting on what they were seeing in open practices and scrimmages and ****ting on Quinn's work ethic in a concerted effort to keep Card from leaving?

Feels like a wild stretch.

You think Ketchum and all those guys were reporting on what they were seeing in open practices and scrimmages and ****ting on Quinn's work ethic in a concerted effort to keep Card from leaving?

Feels like a wild stretch.
I think they were reporting a lot of what they were told and listen to some of the national reporters who were skeptical about Card ever being named starter out of camp regardless of play. There’s zero chance this was just sprung on Sark.

listen to some of the national reporters who were skeptical about Card ever being named starter out of camp regardless of play.
This is kind of exactly the point though, isn't it?

Card's been better by literally every measure in every report and every open-to-public practice or scrimmage that's been available online. EVERY single outlet and source was telling people as late as this morning that Hudson was going to win the battle.

There's no reason funnel out fake reports that Card's been consistently better and dump on Quinn's work ethic if all you're trying to do is keep Card from transferring and then have people telling reporters Hudson would be named as late as this morning.

And then to not have the stomach to make the statement and answer the questions for yourself in a presser? It all smells a little goofy.

I must be the only one who thinks Ewers is going to be just fine.

This will make for a good receipt for the future.
I think he's going to be fine in the long run. Short term with a bad/super young OL, he hasn't played in close to two years, he got out-played through camp. He's had wildly pro-Texas folks questioning how hard he was working.

He's talented as hell. But it just feels like it's gonna be a steep learning curve.

Literally every report or quick podcast reaction I've seen in the last hour, people are shocked.

The Texas job is all wrong for Sark and his sobriety. He is so desperate for this job that he has become a gutless coward. These boosters will throw him out if he doesn't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom