OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the same response queued up, but never posted it.

Been lurking all offseason, but now that all the dumb, but obligatory crooting talk about to die down...it's football time!
Anybody planning to hit any games this season?

I'll be in Atlanta with アミーゴ アミーゴ for Jawja v. the zeroes.

Think I might also actually go to Nebraska, Michigan, or Penn state vs. Rutgers in Piscataway this year. See what NY's one true team is like in person.

Think I might also actually go to Nebraska, Michigan, or Penn state vs. Rutgers in Piscataway this year. See what NY's one true team is like in person.
Not for this year with a 2 week trip to Spain over the first two weeks of the season (wasn’t well thought out…wife didn’t realize LSU opens on Sunday while we’re in the air).

But plan for the next few seasons…
2023 - Oregon with an extended trip to Bend before or after game day. Weekend dependent on schedule (a couple of our close friends are Oregon transplants and want to take us back for a game. Hoping USC falls into our targeted timeframe depending on a wedding in Portugal).
2024 - Baton Rouge for a non-A&M game. Wife went to LSU, we don’t watch those games together (made that mistake for the 7OT game, she’s way too competitive with LSU football for that to happen again). None of my friends have been to LSU before, but want to see a game. Will be dependent on schedule. We thought about Vegas, but we’re all too old for that life at this point.
2025 - South Bend for A&M @ ND

Already looking ahead at 2029 for a long weekend with A&M @ Louisville with several days on the Bourbon Trail as an 8 month delayed 40th birthday celebration. Hope all this realignment doesn’t **** that one up for me.

Last edited:
I got Vikings in Miami on the books. Might see if I can catch a Saturday game somewhere, but I do want to make a trip somewhere and checkout a college game. Hard to figure out where, exactly. An old friend just moved to Lubbock, so that's an option. Otherwise, I'm thinking Tennessee or VT for some reason. :lol:

Some serious planning. :lol:
You get friends with newborns and have to plan that **** out a lifetime in advance. Meanwhile I’m just dropping them off on MiMi and PopPop’s front door and heading to the airport. Significantly easier when you have parents nearby that will take on the (eventual) kids at any time vs. being in Oregon or El Paso.

Try getting these MFers out for a brewery visit or dinner on a random weekend :lol:

Gonna check out Army/UTSA at West Point. I might as well go check out Rutgers too. :lol:

JT in his last 9 games:

17 TDs, 5 INTs, 2,000 yards passing, 70% comp, 9-0 as a starter.

That scout team player would have been the best QB on Miami, aTm, or Mich in the past decade. Go off though kings.
This post :lol:

1) Cherry picking stats and JT STILL isn’t elite
2) highlighting bad QB play at those schools doesn’t make him elite
3) the obvious miss of Johnny Football :lol:

#FakeNewsNako

#FakeNewsNako
Don’t forget, those last 9 games are combined over the past 3 seasons…kids have gone to college and graduated since JT played his last 9 games.

Don’t forget, those last 9 games are combined over the past 3 seasons…kids have gone to college and graduated since JT played his last 9 games.
I didn’t even consider that part. That is politician level misleading

#FakeNewsNako
So now the standard is “elite”! Got it. You’re right. You win. Let’s reconvene in a couple of months and talk about TVD, who you said was a top 4-5 QB nationally. We’ll compare him and JT, the program saving QBs.

So now the standard is “elite”! Got it. You’re right. You win. Let’s reconvene in a couple of months and talk about TVD, who you said was a top 4-5 QB nationally. We’ll compare him and JT, the program saving QBs.
TVD will be a first round pick. Easily will be one of the first 4-5 QBs drafted :lol:. if not, will still be drafted higher than any of these USC QBs you’ve hyped post-Darnold (who also sucks).

I didn’t even consider that part. That is politician level misleading

First it was fighting on the hill of “9 years is not a decade! Be literal! You’re wrong!” Now it’s lying and saying that a 9 game sample from the 2020 and 2021 seasons was “3 seasons.”

Politician level misleading indeed.

Fitting that the Miami and A&M fanbases are fervently aligned in this. You’ve had an equal number of double figure win seasons since each of your last championships, so there’s a brotherhood in your mediocrity.

TVD will be a first round pick. Easily will be one of the first 4-5 QBs drafted :lol:. if not, will still be drafted higher than any of these USC QBs you’ve hyped post-Darnold (who also sucks).
I think you’re right. I see the vision.

Just like your other one season hype QBs: Brock Berlin, Kyle Wright, Kirby Freeman, Robert Marve, Jacory Harris, Stephen Morris, Brad Kaaya, Malik Rosier, Nkosi Perry, Tate Martell, Jarren Williams, and D’Eriq King.

Uncanny.

At least casper90403 casper90403 is tongue-in-cheek with his support of a mediocre QB…
“… and they keep saying he’s the best QB recruit ever and Texas is back, but we all know the truth. Conner Weigm-”

FE7C1CE2-A16D-4819-96C1-18DC3ED0FD19.jpeg

Nebraska has a very favorable schedule but part of me feels like Frost gets canned no matter what.

I think you’re right. I see the vision.

Just like your other one season hype QBs: Brock Berlin, Kyle Wright, Kirby Freeman, Robert Marve, Jacory Harris, Stephen Morris, Brad Kaaya, Malik Rosier, Nkosi Perry, Tate Martell, Jarren Williams, and D’Eriq King.

Uncanny.
Right, because I’ve hyped all of those guys :lol:
Fitting that the Miami and A&M fanbases are fervently aligned in this. You’ve had an equal number of double figure win seasons since each of your last championships, so there’s a brotherhood in your mediocrity.
Cute, coming from the guy who is expecting a 8-4 season and touting it as a successful season in the worst P5 conference in the country :lol:

If bragging on JTD and Slovis is the hill you wanna die on, then be my guest 🤢. Let’s just not try and tout yourself as some QB guru when your claims to fame are 5 star guys and literal career journeyman

Nebraska has a very favorable schedule but part of me feels like Frost gets canned no matter what.

I think they’ll go 6-6 and keep him since they’ll finally get back to a bowl. It seems like when these schools hire their “saviors” they get a longer leash. Just remember all the hype he had coming in, good lord.

It’ll be a rough start for them if Oklahoma blows them out that’s for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom