OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough loss

Love the call to go for 2. Rising is a gamer
Yeah tbh the attempted trolling doesn’t even bother me. Refs stole the game about 5 times, but despite that our team played hard and I still legit thought we’d pull it out with 13 seconds left. Love this team. Haven’t been able to feel that since 2016.

If it makes you usc fans feel better, every week you guys won, Colorado lost. Every week colorado won, you guys lost. I foresee you guys winning out.

Your squad lost to Utah?

Can't relate
A5A8A1B9-37AE-477A-BA12-B2B63779A041.jpeg

C3939193-B289-42DA-80EB-0495DD9A73B2.jpeg

It will be interesting to see which 4 the selection committee take.

To me, the best teams this year (in no order) are :

U of M
OSU
Bama
Rocky Top
UGA

Assuming UGA beats Rocky Top and Bama beats UGA in the SEC Title game, will the committee have enough stones to select 3 SEC teams and the winner of U of M/OSU (I expect each to be undefeated when they play each other with the winner beating Illinois in B10 Title game) for the playoff?

If you are the loser of the OSU/UM game and your only loss is to a top 5 team don't you have a case to make that you should be in the top 4 also?

If I'm Rocky Top, how do you keep me out of the playoff if I lose one game? There's not another team in country that would play a tougher stretch than Bama, UGA and possibly Bama again over the next 6 weeks.

I'm hoping someone beats Clemson because they are the least impressive top 5 team I have seen in a while. If they go undefeated I'm sure the committee will put them in undeservingly.

U of M
OSU
Bama
Rocky Top
UGA

Assuming UGA beats Rocky Top and Bama beats UGA in the SEC Title game, will the committee have enough stones to select 3 SEC teams and the winner of U of M/OSU (I expect each to be undefeated when they play each other with the winner beating Illinois in B10 Title game) for the playoff?

If you are the loser of the OSU/UM game and your only loss is to a top 5 team don't you have a case to make that you should be in the top 4 also?

If I'm Rocky Top, how do you keep me out of the playoff if I lose one game? There's not another team in country that would play a tougher stretch than Bama, UGA and possibly Bama again over the next 6 weeks.

I'm hoping someone beats Clemson because they are the least impressive top 5 team I have seen in a while. If they go undefeated I'm sure the committee will put them in undeservingly.

I don’t see a major difference between Clemson & Michigan, if they played I don’t think Michigan beats them, and if Clemson goes undefeated they will deservingly be in the playoffs

Seeing photos on Twitter of players of both teams crying postgame after the USC/Utah, the Bama/Tennessee, and the OK State/TCU games, do you think these idiots will stop whining about how players being paid their fair value has stolen the soul and emotion from college football?

U of M
OSU
Bama
Rocky Top
UGA

You can never make you these types of "would XYZ team get in?" discussions and a vacuum. Unless you are an undefeated P5 conference champ, whether or not you make the playoff depends on what is going on in the landscape of college football next season.

For example, last year Georgia got lucky because they made the playoffs despite not winning their conference. This is because the ACC, Big 12 and Pac 12 champs all had at least two losses. In many years, Georgia wouldn't have made the playoffs last season.

In the scenario you listed above, obviously the SEC champion would make the playoff, Georgia (having beaten Tennessee straight up and being the division winner) would be second in line in Tennessee would be third. Whether or not that's good enough to make the playoffs depends on what everybody else is doing.

I'm feeling more and more confident that Clemson will make the playoffs, and undefeated big 10 champion (OSU/Michigan) then potentially two SEC teams. I think the Pac-12 champ will be a two lost team. The team throwing the monkey wrench and things is the Big 12. I'm not sure if TCU is good enough to go undefeated or one loss but they would certainly make the playoffs if they did.

Might only be room for one SEC team this year

Last edited:
Seeing photos on Twitter of players of both teams crying postgame after the USC/Utah, the Bama/Tennessee, and the OK State/TCU games, do you think these idiots will stop whining about how players being paid their fair value has stolen the soul and emotion from college football?
Was the same for A&M after Bama last week. Dudes were gutted.

But you know damn well people arent gonna let that go.

You can never make you these types of "would XYZ team get in?" discussions and a vacuum. Unless you are an undefeated P5 conference champ, whether or not you make the playoff depends on what is going on in the landscape of college football next season.

For example, last year Georgia got lucky because they made the playoffs despite not winning their conference. This is because the ACC, Big 12 and Pac 12 champs all had at least two losses. In many years, Georgia wouldn't have made the playoffs last season.

In the scenario you listed above, obviously the SEC champion would make the playoff, Georgia (having beaten Tennessee straight up and being the division winner) would be second in line in Tennessee would be third. Whether or not that's good enough to make the playoffs depends on what everybody else is doing.

I'm feeling more and more confident that Clemson will make the playoffs, and undefeated big 10 champion (OSU/Michigan) then potentially two SEC teams. I think the Pac-12 champ will be a two lost team. The team throwing the monkey wrench and things is the Big 12. I'm not sure if TCU is good enough to go undefeated or one loss but they would certainly make the playoffs if they did.

Your mate only be room for one SEC team this year
TCU just wrapped the hardest part of their schedule, but still have to go to Texas and Baylor and play Kansas State and ISU.

They’re gonna have a chance. Offensively they’re explosive as hell. But their passing defense isn’t going to allow them to blow maybe games open. They’re bad.

Feels like every game they play will be a shoot out and they’ll slip somewhere.

0% chance those bums stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom