OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year is wide open. I love what Day is doing and what Kirby is doing. UGA and tOSU are the teams to beat IMO

Brent Zwerneman and the guys at TexAgs are full stop dumping on Jimbo this weekend.

Dumping on the offense, the need for an OC, Jimbo's other failures.

These two are usually the leading indicators that the winds of change are already blowing.

They will be called snowflakes and weak due to liberal conjecture and innuendo.
In re Caleb bawling after the game:

1665940032712.png

Brent Zwerneman and the guys at TexAgs are full stop dumping on Jimbo this weekend.

Dumping on the offense, the need for an OC, Jimbo's other failures.

These two are usually the leading indicators that the winds of change are already blowing.
Gotta love the bye week being right in the middle of the season. Plenty of time for results and action to start taking place for hit pieces to come out.

Fire yes man Dickey and write a blank check for Lincoln’s little bro to come call games for us.

In re Caleb bawling after the game:

1665940032712.png
It seems like that person assumed Caleb’s pronouns. aepps20 aepps20 is gonna be pissed.

Gotta love the bye week being right in the middle of the season. Plenty of time for results and action to start taking place for hit pieces to come out.

Fire yes man Dickey and write a blank check for Lincoln’s little bro to come call games for us.
And watching TCU, Oklahoma State, Bama, Tennessee, Michigan run up yards and points like mad men in big time games.

Jimbo's starting to get railed by the A&M outlets that generally are the last to fire shots. That usually means they've been let off their leashes, given the green light and things are starting to happen/take shape behind the scenes.

An offensive staff overhaul for me starts with Jimbo giving up play calls, Dickey moving to an administrative role, Craig/Adazzio shown the door. Coley and Tommie Robinson are likely safe.

Go get Garrett Riley or Jeff Lebby and just let them run that side of the ball. Go get them stars.

It seems like that person assumed Caleb’s pronouns. aepps20 aepps20 is gonna be pissed.

VERY ANGRY.I SAY THIS AS A HUGE SC FAN

And watching TCU, Oklahoma State, Bama, Tennessee, Michigan run up yards and points like mad men in big time games.

Jimbo's starting to get railed by the A&M outlets that generally are the last to fire shots. That usually means they've been let off their leashes, given the green light and things are starting to happen/take shape behind the scenes.

An offensive staff overhaul for me starts with Jimbo giving up play calls, Dickey moving to an administrative role, Craig/Adazzio shown the door. Coley and Tommie Robinson are likely safe.

Go get Garrett Riley or Jeff Lebby and just let them run that side of the ball. Go get them stars.
Do you think you could pry Lebby away from OU? and Hasn't some of the shine worn off him?

Riley is a good play caller, though selfishly I want him to stay at TCU or join us somehow, but wouldn't that be too great a system change? It would almost guarantee struggles in 2023 when Jimbo presumably would have to be producing results.

Do you think you could pry Lebby away from OU? and Hasn't some of the shine worn off him?

Riley is a good play caller, though selfishly I want him to stay at TCU or join us somehow, but wouldn't that be too great a system change? It would almost guarantee struggles in 2023 when Jimbo presumably would have to be producing results.
Not sure on Lebby, given OU is home and he just got there... When Dillon Gabriel has been healthy, they've been explosive as hell this year so I don't see why any shine would've worn off. Lincoln took everything but Marvin Mims and the tight end with him.

re: Riley ... Does any system change really signal any larger offensive struggles than what they're already dealing with? Even if Jimbo wanted to stay in his comfort zone, who's calling offense like Jimbo anywhere with any success? I think he's going to be pressed for some full-scale changes.

Riley's not running a wild air raid at TCU. He's emphasized running the ball at both TCU and SMU, and does a bunch of designed QB run game which Jimbo obviously wants but can't figure out.

The biggest shifts feel like they're largely in tempo and moving people around to create space.

Not sure on Lebby, given OU is home and he just got there... When Dillon Gabriel has been healthy, they've been explosive as hell this year so I don't see why any shine would've worn off. Lincoln took everything but Marvin Mims and the tight end with him.

re: Riley ... Does any system change really signal any larger offensive struggles than what they're already dealing with?

Riley's not running an air raid. He's pretty balanced and wants to run the ball, and does a bunch of designed QB run game which Jimbo obviously wants but can't figure out.

The biggest shifts feel like they're largely in tempo and moving people around to create space.
I guess, just a point of retort: Lincoln took himself, Caleb, and Mario. Caleb was a huge loss, but the narrative at the time was that Mario was their WR #4, and Gabriel was a better/more experienced fit in that offense. Venables purged a few players, and Hazelwood transferred to Ark, but everyone else on that offense is still there including their current starting back, TE as you said, and top 4 WRs.

Despite that, their offense looked horrible vs. Kansas State and TCU and that was WITH Gabriel. Their boards were calling for Lebby to be fired all the way up to the final whistle yesterday. Lebby today isn't the same candidate he was a year ago when he and others were lying about him being the playcaller/architect of that Ole Miss offense.

I guess, just a point of retort: Lincoln took himself, Caleb, and Mario. Caleb was a huge loss, but the narrative at the time was that Mario was their WR #4, and Gabriel was a better/more experienced fit in that offense. Venables purged a few players, and Hazelwood transferred to Ark, but everyone else on that offense is still there including their current starting back, TE as you said, and top 4 WRs.

Despite that, their offense looked horrible vs. Kansas State and TCU and that was WITH Gabriel. Their boards were calling for Lebby to be fired all the way up to the final whistle yesterday. Lebby today isn't the same candidate he was a year ago when he and others were lying about him being the playcaller/architect of that Ole Miss offense.
Anybody that looks at Caleb Williams and suggests Dillon Gabriel is a better fit in any offense is a clown. And they only returned one receiver that caught 20 passes last year - and that's Mims. Lost Woods, Williams and Haselwood.

They absolutely weren't playing well against TCU, but I'm not sure what planet we live on where 550 yards of offense and 30 first downs against KSU qualifies as horrible.

You as much as anyone should know following whatever nonsense Oklahoma fans are spitting about who left, what they have now, etc. is a fool's errand. They're brain dead.

Anybody that looks at Caleb Williams and suggests Dillon Gabriel is a better fit in any offense is a clown. And they only returned one receiver that caught 20 passes last year - and that's Mims. Lost Woods, Williams and Haselwood.

They absolutely weren't playing well against TCU, but I'm not sure what planet we live on where 550 yards of offense and 30 first downs against KSU qualifies as horrible.

You as much as anyone should know following whatever nonsense Oklahoma fans are spitting about who left, what they have now, etc. is a fool's errand. They're brain dead.
That's not true. Theo Wease had I think 40 catches last year and he's still there.

And I get your point, but I watched that KSU game. OU punted on 3 of their first 4 possessions. That game started horrifically and it's when the "do Lebby and Gabriel suck" questions started because there were signs in earlier games (vs. Kent State they were only leading 7-0 at halftime.)

That's not true. Theo Wease had I think 40 catches last year? He was their WR #1 and he's still there.

And I get your point, but I watched that KSU game. I think OU punted on their first 3 possessions or something close to that. That game started horrifically and it's when the "do Lebby and Gabriel suck" questions started because there were signs in earlier games (vs. Kent State they were only leading 7-0 at halftime.)
Ah yeah, Wease was out last year with a knee so he didn’t pop up when I was skimming the stats. He did catch like 40 balls the year before though.

I’m not down on Lebby. The “does he suck?!” nonsense from them is an overreaction to the realization he’s not Lincoln Riley and Dillon Gabriel isn’t Caleb Williams. I don’t see any reason to think he’s not a damn good OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom